Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

There is a new Hero player in the world. And we can thank Vampire the Masquerade.

Jaime: [her current GM] wants to expand my gaming experience to a new system. He wants to start a Vampire the Masquerade game. It sounded pretty emo to me.

Me: Now is the perfect time to tell you about Alice's game.

Jamie: Can I play a Pixie Ninja?

Alice: Yes. Yes you can.

Jaime: I've always wanted to play a Pixie Ninja after someone told me I couldn't in D&D.

Me: You could play a flying psycic toaster if you wanted in this game system.

Jamie: I don't think I want to play that but I do want to play a Pixie Ninja because I can.

I'm pretty curious to find out, myself, exactly what she means by that . . .

Well' date=' the subject is rather broad, but the presentation has been poor - making the subject difficult to learn and hard to commit to memory. And we are assuming the test will be poorly written based on our experience with the tutorials and assignments :([/quote']

That sucks. :thumbdown You have my sympathy.

Yeah' date=' you can try meta-gaming that. Reduce the course to the important core topics. Check off the ones on the revision exam. Engrave the rest on the inside of your skull. Sort of a big-risk strategy, though.[/quote']

Thus it is revealed that I am one of those who can't take tests. I suck at them. I could recite the material backwards and forwards, and still fail a test.

Why? Dunno. Brain isn't wired for tests I guess.

Thus is the reason I hate school.

My manager has never once come to me and gone: "Here, take this test to see if you know your stuff." He just looks at my work - if it's good it's good, if it's not he tells me.

Of course... I wrote my departments training manual, so at the moment I'm the top of the cookie pile.

It's going to have swimming pool...

Reminds me of the time some friends and I were at a hotel party and were trying to throw musubi into the pool at the next hotel.

That swimming pool is the biggest im Iraq!

what has the Madame President done for us lately?

Time to start a revolution, I say.

I've been saying that for some time but does anyone listen to a disgruntled hijacked Tribble ? Do they heck !

And now look what happens !

Bazza is forceably stripped and beaten by the administration and its hired goon. If this does not rouse Zornwil to the rescue I don't know what will.

It's a disgrace I say !

I weep, weep I tell you !, for my NGD board.

I've been saying that for some time but does anyone listen to a disgruntled hijacked Tribble ? Do they heck !

And now look what happens !

Bazza is forceably stripped and beaten by the administration and its hired goon. If this does not rouse Zornwil to the rescue I don't know what will.

It's a disgrace I say !

I weep, weep I tell you !, for my NGD board.

Feeling left out, are we? :nya:

"You have the soul of an artist cursed by the mind of a scientist."

One of the most unusual compliments I've ever received...

Well maths has it's own artistry. Take calculus; when it was proposed it was high art. And trig, trig is in most art, ditto th golden mean (1.618...). The spirals of shells, and leaves of a flower have the golden number embedded in them. Art I say.

And lastly the golden mean is the only number where this is true. x^2=x+1. If that is not art, sue me.

;)

After watching a doco on the History Channel about Kings and Queens of England they briefly talked about the crashing of the White Ship in 1120 where the heir-apparent William died. Reputably his father Henry I took the news really badly and died shortly after. This led to William's sister Matilda (aka Empress Matilda as she married the Holy Roman Emperor, aka Maud) to fight for the English crown with her nephew Stephen (later Stephen I of England). Matilda for a few months held the crown, but was not coronated as she was above English law and customs (divine right) and she styled herself "Lady of the English" not "Queen".

Well anway, enough history, I'm just disapointed that self-declared Anglophile H.P. Lovecraft's short story The White Ship has nothing to do with the event from 1120. I would have like to tie the two together. HPL's short story is here in full.

Also some lyrics from aa song I know could relate to the 1120 event: "Big ship turns in a storm at night / Young boy runs from his father in fright! / Running scared with the fear of the world in his heart"

What are the chances anyone here know how difficult it is to install a new toilet...?

Really, easy...if the bolts are set right, the shape of the new toilet comforms to the gap in the tile or vinyl flooring of the old one, if you don't crack or break the porcelain by torquing the nuts to tightly, if you remember to get the new ring properly aligned, if the plumbing connections are not so corroded that you break the handles or pipes trying to disconnect or connect them to the toilet, if you remember to turn the water off to the toilet before you work on it,...am I leaving anything out fellow NGDers? Otherwise, nothing to it.:D

Left out one thing. You could need a spacer shim under the new toilet. If that happens, then you won't have secured the toilet to the floor even though you've screwed the cap-nuts down as far as they'll go.

Fortunately, father-in-law has a jigsaw and we made such a shim out of some scrap...