Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Yup. I think they did. I got a violation because of it in fact. I posted expecting the autocensor to fix the word noticed it didn't, but before I could fix it I got called away from my desk and didn't get a chance to. :(

yes they did. You must police yourself now.

Yup. No profanity filter anymore. My recollection was that Dan's reasons for using it in the past had been that he and the DOJ staff didn't have the time or inclination to police the boards for profanity, so they were willing to take the (sometimes amusing) false positives. Now that there are a lot more people available to police such things, the thought is that people should be able to police themselves, and that if they can't there are enough of us to hopefully catch most of it.

That's the theory anyway, at least as I understand it. :)

Yup. No profanity filter anymore. My recollection was that Dan's reasons for using it in the past had been that he and the DOJ staff didn't have the time or inclination to police the boards for profanity, so they were willing to take the (sometimes amusing) false positives. Now that there are a lot more people available to police such things, the thought is that people should be able to police themselves, and that if they can't there are enough of us to hopefully catch most of it.

That's the theory anyway, at least as I understand it. :)

We also recognize that some uses of a word are not inappropriate depending on how they are used.

For Example: "Jesus tied his ass to a tree and walked for a mile."

Yup. I think they did. I got a violation because of it in fact. I posted expecting the autocensor to fix the word noticed it didn't' date=' but before I could fix it I got called away from my desk and didn't get a chance to. :([/quote']

Just wanted to clarify RPMiller that you got a warning. Warnings aren't really a big deal.

True, but nevertheless, I hate that I made that slip and I'm reminded of it everytime I go to my control panel. :(

It isn't really a big deal and just enforces how I really have to censor myself twice as hard now eventhough I don't really use profanity in normal conversation sometimes it is appropriate in very specific circumstances. The boards not being one of course, but in that one instance it was meant to be harmlessly amusing and fit the post. Oh well. Warning heard.

Wow. I hadn't even noticed the filters had been taken off.

Guess I'll really have to watch myself. Else I'll be cursing up a storm and getting my butt kicked.

On the other hand, we can now talk about cocking guns and the state of our pussycats (those who have 'em, anyway).