Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Latest book read. Nobody True by James Herbert. A guy who has out of body experiences returns to his body to find out he has been murdered. Probably by the seriel killer stalking the city whose apartment his spirit was recently in.

Latest film seen. Spielberg's Munich. I have seen another adaptation of the revenge that the Israelis took on Black September following the massacre of the Athletes in the Olympic Village and at the airport. It is very good and worth a look.

Well Saturday came and went and no front door pics. :cry:

It rained yesterday and today here, but I went into work this morning with no jacket needed so I guess it is in the mid to high 50s still.

On an entirely different note, I've been giving some consideration to breaking out a really old campaign that I ran over a decade ago that was a time/dimension/genre hopping campaign where players created essentially whatever they wanted from any genre. The problem is I made it for GURPS and would have to really look it over for conversion to 5E. I would have to give a lot of consideration to comparing fantasy characters to supers and how well they mesh point wise to keep everything fair and equal.

Anyone else ever try something like this?

You'll get mine tomorrow. I left my memory stick plugged into the machine at home.

We got several inches of snow at my house yesterday. The kids were psyched. But here, 9 miles away, there's nothing ... only sign of snow is on top of cars that drove in from the snow zone.

OK, here's the climatology picture. About noon Thanksgiving Day, from my mother-in-law's place in Port Townsend, WA, looking northeast. I don't think you can make it out in that image, but there's whitecaps on Admiralty Inlet in the distance.

Well Saturday came and went and no front door pics. :cry:

It rained yesterday and today here, but I went into work this morning with no jacket needed so I guess it is in the mid to high 50s still.

On an entirely different note, I've been giving some consideration to breaking out a really old campaign that I ran over a decade ago that was a time/dimension/genre hopping campaign where players created essentially whatever they wanted from any genre. The problem is I made it for GURPS and would have to really look it over for conversion to 5E. I would have to give a lot of consideration to comparing fantasy characters to supers and how well they mesh point wise to keep everything fair and equal.

Anyone else ever try something like this?

No, but I've considered it. One question: Does everything really have to be equal...?

I'm still not sure. I think that is where everything gets a little wonky and the players should really help the GM. My personal feeling is yes they should all have the same amount of points so that everyone is equally powerful to reduce "one-up-manship", but I think a mature group of players could make it work. The GM would need to really make sure that the party was extremely balanced and the adventures suited to the party.

In my original GURPS game, the group visited multiple dimensions and worlds with varying degrees of physical and metaphysical laws. Some worlds did not support magic, hindering the mage character, some worlds didn't support superpowers, hindering the party brick. It ended up meaning that the group was a bit of a mish mash. The brick picked up magic bracers to allow him to be strong if the world supported magic and not super powers, the knight started toting around a machine gun. That sort of thing.

As a twist I was thinking that instead of this approach it might be cool to just start with everyone being from our reality, and then as they move about they begin acquiring powers and items.

I just need to give it some serious thought, and bounce ideas off folks. I guess I should probably start a specific thread for it huh? ;)

Here, we get that much snow roughly once every couple of years. Actually, it tends to come 2-3 times in one year and then skip several years entirely, but if you take the simple average it's probably a bit less than once a year. It never sticks around for much more than a few days.

Here' date=' we get that much snow roughly once every couple of years. Actually, it tends to come 2-3 times in one year and then skip several years entirely, but if you take the simple average it's probably a bit less than once a year. It never sticks around for much more than a few days.[/quote']

Yeah, that I'm used to. Denver never gets much snow either, except for the occasional blizzard a couple of times a decade. But where I'm at now doesn't get snow at all. Asking around, no one I talked to in Keri's family could remember exactly when it last snowed in Concord, but the guestimation was early 90s or late 80s.

:(

That's actually a very interesting picture. With the wires and trees' date=' it really is a good lesson in perspective and vanishing points. Cool.[/quote']

Actually, the wires and trees make the snow more aggravating. Since the heavy snowfalls are infrequent but tend to be heavy, wet stuff, when it does happen we get power outages when tree limbs break and knock down wires. Didn't happen to us this time, but 3-4 years back our place went without power for four days. Our neighborhood has a lot of large, old Douglas firs (not as big as the one Keith showed being cut down at his place, though) ... it's part of the good stuff about the place, but there are unintended consequences.

Yeah, that I'm used to. Denver never gets much snow either, except for the occasional blizzard a couple of times a decade. But where I'm at now doesn't get snow at all. Asking around, no one I talked to in Keri's family could remember exactly when it last snowed in Concord, but the guestimation was early 90s or late 80s.

:(

I think that is about right. That sounds like the time I recall it snowing in Sacto. It was only a dusting, but snow nonetheless.

December 1st, and getting steadily warmer here in WNC as it approaches winter. Currently 66ºF and sunny. But the ten-day forecast says it won't last. :(

Ah, well.

Heh. It is warmer there than it is here. We are at about 55ºF all week dipping into the low 30s at night. Clear sunny skies though. Which is why it is staying low like that. No cloud layer to give us a blanket to keep in the warmth.