Looking for HERO stats for: "Bullseye"

Guest Dr.Unpossible

Guest Dr.Unpossible

I was having a discussion (argument) with a pal about the HERO system, that it can't do everyting, every power, every effect. Now of cource hes wrong, but I would like some hard proof to show him the error of his ways.

I checked the below site but no Bullseye (of Daredevil fame)

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/

If anyone has a char writeup for Bullseye. Or has some thoughts on how you could handle his "Use any object as a weapon" power I'd be very interested in seeing what you come up with.

Re: Looking for HERO stats for: "Bullseye"

I was having a discussion (argument) with a pal about the HERO system, that it can't do everyting, every power, every effect. Now of cource hes wrong, but I would like some hard proof to show him the error of his ways.

I checked the below site but no Bullseye (of Daredevil fame)

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/

If anyone has a char writeup for Bullseye. Or has some thoughts on how you could handle his "Use any object as a weapon" power I'd be very interested in seeing what you come up with.

Generlally....I think you buy killing attacks with the focus limitation...OIF Objects of Opportunity. This means he can use a killing attack, but only if there is something around for him to toss. He might also have Find Weakness...and/or Armor Piercing/Penetrating as a naked power advatage.

Rob

Generlally....I think you buy killing attacks with the focus limitation...OIF Objects of Opportunity. This means he can use a killing attack, but only if there is something around for him to toss. He might also have Find Weakness...and/or Armor Piercing/Penetrating as a naked power advatage.

Rob

I would add 7 combat levels with thrown objects, and if you're doing Bullseye from the movie add missle deflection. Definitely find weakness, and I would put a selective fire advantage on the RKA.

Wait a second, sudden inspiration.

Take a one hex area advantage on the RKA, with a +0 limitation that he can hit only one target within the hex. This means everyone he's throwing at is DCV 3. With a 23 DEX his OCV is 8, he hits DCV 3 on a 16-. Add one skill level, and he misses one time out of every 216 times. Plus his attacks cannot be missile deflected, only dive for cover can be used to avoid them.

Add some extra skill levels to overcome range modifiers or allow for bounce maneuvers.

Maybe a variable advantage, that could be used for autofire, penetraiting, indirect or even no range modifier.

Take a one hex area advantage on the RKA, with a +0 limitation that he can hit only one target within the hex. This means everyone he's throwing at is DCV 3. With a 23 DEX his OCV is 8, he hits DCV 3 on a 16-. Add one skill level, and he misses one time out of every 216 times. Plus his attacks cannot be missile deflected, only dive for cover can be used to avoid them.

Add some extra skill levels to overcome range modifiers or allow for bounce maneuvers.

Maybe a variable advantage, that could be used for autofire, penetraiting, indirect or even no range modifier.

Sounds good. I'd still add the objects of opportunity OIF focus to all of that...as that seems to be the only way he can hurt people. I think they also gave Bullseye an adamantium skeleton(like Wolverine), but I don't know if that's still in the current continuity.

Rob

Guest Witch Doctor

I'd give him a transformation attack so that he can destroy limbs and other assorted nastiness with his attacks.

Sounds good. I'd still add the objects of opportunity OIF focus to all of that...as that seems to be the only way he can hurt people. I think they also gave Bullseye an adamantium skeleton(like Wolverine), but I don't know if that's still in the current continuity.

Rob

if you do a quick search on 'classic marvel superhero game' you can find a site that has all the stats from the old rpg of the same name. (Exact addy escapes me at the moment) That should give you a fairly good idea of his powers. :yes::rockon:

I thought of giving this a shot, but you should buy Selective as well. I didn't think about the missile deflection angle, good idea.

I thought of giving this a shot' date=' but you should buy Selective as well. I didn't think about the missile deflection angle, good idea.[/quote']

If I understand what you're getting at, you wouldn't need to buy Selective. There's a 5E option for AOE: 1 Hex called "Accurate" (+0 Advantage, as McCoy pegged it). You can only hit one target in a hex at a time, but that target will be at DCV 3. He can still Dodge the attack for the normal bonus, though.

So, an EB and/or RKA, 1 Hex Accurate, Range Based on STR, OIF Object of Opportunity, with a bunch of CSL and maybe PSL to offset Range Modifiers, should let your Bullseye pick up any suitable object and throw it with deadly force and practically infallible accuracy.

But Bullseye's attacks *can* be deflected and dodged. Personally I'd avoid the Area of Effect thing and just buy lots of Levels to go with RKA, OIF: Objects of Opportunity, Range Based on STR. And maybe I'd add some other kinds of attacks built with TK, Drain, Transform...

Sorry I didn't make it clear: AOE 1-Hex accurate attacks can be deflected, and they can also be Dodged although the Dodging character would start at DCV 3.

You can certainly add Drains and Transforms to simulate imparing wounds; I've seen other published Champs characters built that way. Alternatively the GM could allow the optional Impairing/Disabling rules from FREd, which might fit the concept better.

Shouldn't Bulleye's attacks be IIF. I wouldn't exactly call a paper clip an obvious weapon.

It is if it's sticking out of your throat. ;)

The "obvious" in OIF refers to being able to tell where the power comes from, not whether it looks like a weapon before it's used. A green ring is just a finger trinket until it creates a giant hammer to bash your head.

Take a one hex area advantage on the RKA, with a +0 limitation that he can hit only one target within the hex. This means everyone he's throwing at is DCV 3. With a 23 DEX his

I dislike this approach. Bullseye is just highly skilled and talented. High DEX and lots of CSLs. Don't overcomplicate it!

Bullseye never missed for a long time because he was throwing things at normal folks. What's a normal going to have for a DCV? Seven? Maybe eight? Give him DEX 23 and seven CSLs with thrown objects, and you're at OCV 15 vs. DCV 8. He hits on a 18. Call any to-hit of 21+ an automatic hit and he could go a looong time without missing anyone.

Now, along comes Daredevil. DD is, say, DEX 29 and has Martial Dodge. He also has a high enough SPD to use Martial Dodge without killing his offense. Add a few DCV CSLs for DD, and suddenly Bullseye is up against someone who can reduce his to-hit to 8 or so.

Superheroes can do that to him. Normals can't.

I dislike this approach. Bullseye is just highly skilled and talented. High DEX and lots of CSLs. Don't overcomplicate it!

Bullseye never missed for a long time because he was throwing things at normal folks. What's a normal going to have for a DCV? Seven? Maybe eight? Give him DEX 23 and seven CSLs with thrown objects, and you're at OCV 15 vs. DCV 8. He hits on a 18. Call any to-hit of 21+ an automatic hit and he could go a looong time without missing anyone.

Now, along comes Daredevil. DD is, say, DEX 29 and has Martial Dodge. He also has a high enough SPD to use Martial Dodge without killing his offense. Add a few DCV CSLs for DD, and suddenly Bullseye is up against someone who can reduce his to-hit to 8 or so.

Superheroes can do that to him. Normals can't.

There is no one true way, write it up as fits your campagine.

But didn't he once knock DareDevil out with a paper airplane? I would think that goes beyond "just highly skilled and talented."

Decided to make him without any powers, since he actually ahs none. I gave him a bit of a boost to Body for his Skeleton, and a custom talent to be skilled with all ranged weapons including non-weapons.

I think that developing a talent for this (cost may vary depending on GM, but since so many other points went into range I set it at 5) and focusing on ranged Martial Arts is the most accurrate way to simulate him. If a non-weapon is used, it has a default 1 DC in his hand. Then the +6 DC for ranged combnat comes into play.

Ranged weapons can not go over double their base DC with him, which is also a good portrayal. but a non-weapon is an extension of his basic abilities, and that 1 pip jumps to 2d6+1 killing in his hands before any Maneuver or Strength factors are applied. This puts that humble paperclip into a 5d6 RKA if my calculations are correct... which sounds just in line with him in the comics.

--updated since the forums seemed to murder the old HTML...

BULLSEYE

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6; [2]

23 DEX 39 14- OCV 8 DCV 8

15 CON 10 12-

18 BODY 16 13-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

12 COM 1 11-

6 PD 2 Total: 6 PD (0 rPD)

4 ED 1 Total: 4 ED (0 rED)

5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 2

30 END 0

36 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 131

Movement:

Running: 8" / 16"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 4" / 8"

Martial Arts:

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 2) Basic Shot +0 +0 Strike, +8 DC

3 3) Defensive Shot -1 +2 Strike +6 DC

4 4) Offensive Shot -1 -1 Strike, +10 DC

4 5) Quick Shot +1 +0 Strike, +8 DC

4 6) Ranged Disarm +0 +0 Disarm, 65 STR to Disarm

4 7) Trip -1 -1 v/5, Target Falls

5 8) Far Shot +1 -1 Strike +6 DC

Commando Combat

3 1) Basic Strike +1 +0 6d6 Strike

4 2) Choke Hold -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

4 3) Killing Strike -2 +0 HKA 1d6 +1

4 4) Martial Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

5 5) Offensive Strike -2 +1 8d6 Strike

5 Ranged Combat, Private Adder; all slots: Common Adder Note: If a Non-Weapon is used, it starts with a base of 1 pip (1 DC) killing or 1d6 (1 DC) normal damage.Adder enables use with any ranged weapon.

24 1) +6 Ranged Damage Class(es)

Perks

6 Reputation: Worlds Best Assassin (A large group) 11-, +3/+3d6

3 Anonymity

2 Deep Cover

Talents

3 Absolute Range Sense

17 Combat Sense 14-

5 Custom Talent Note: Confers WF with ALL ranged weapons, and all non-weapons used for ranged attacks.

Skills

30 +3 Overall

25 +5 with Ranged Combat

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

10 Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged)

3 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Off Hand

9 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Parachuting, Basic, SCUBA, Small Military Ships, Small Planes, Tracked Military Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Analyze: Style 12-

3 Breakfall 14-

5 Accurate Sprayfire

3 Bugging 12-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Combat Driving 14-

3 Combat Piloting 14-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Demolitions 12-

3 Fast Draw 14-

3 Interrogation 13-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 PS: Professional Baseball Pitcher 14-

5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Survival 12-

3 Tracking 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 270

Total Cost: 401

100+ Disadvantages

25 Enraged: When reminded of Daredevil besting him (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

30 Hunted: Every law enforecement agency 14- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidance (Common, Total)

15 Reputation: Known killer, 11- (Extreme)

10 Rivalry: Professional (Daredevil; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Magnetic attacks (Uncommon)

5 Rivalry: Professional (other hitmen for Fisk; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

15 Social Limitation: Mercenaries Code of Conduct (Frequently, Severe, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe

151 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 401

5d6 RKA seems a little steep, which coimcs does he do light anti tank attacks with a paperclip? Are you baseing it on his ability to actually kill people in one shot cos thats traditionaly hard to do in Hero. His attacks seem no more deadly than a pistol 1d6rka with find weakness/ ap/ pen.

5d6 RKA seems a little steep' date=' which coimcs does he do light anti tank attacks with a paperclip? Are you baseing it on his ability to actually kill people in one shot cos thats traditionaly hard to do in Hero. His attacks seem no more deadly than a pistol 1d6rka with find weakness/ ap/ pen.[/quote'] Now, you are dealing with the whole comics vs. Champions notion of toughness. Bullseye can kill a normal with a toothpick or safety pin or blind him with a tooth. 1d6 just doesn't let you kill somebody even with find weakness/ap/pen.

Radical and Wierd Solution:

Multipower - Objects of Opportunity and/or Equipment, -0

3d6 +1 RKA, not versus people with a DEX of 13 or higher, Standard Effect

(Kills Norms instantly)

1 1/2d6 RKA, autofire 10, not versus people with a DEX of 13 or higher, Standard Effect (kills up to 5 Norms instantly)

2d6 RKA, penetrating, armor piercing

1d6 RKA, penetrating, armor piercing, autofire 5

Throw in some find weakness and he can deliver that "Finishing Blow" or "Perfect Ambush" he's known for.

Assuming the GM was running a Street Level Supers/Dark Champions type game (which IMO is the appropriate setting for Bullseye), with his accuracy Bulls would be the perfect character type to take advantage of Hit Locations. Allowing for that option, 2 - 3D6 in his hands should be lethal against any unarmored foe. Heaven help you if your armor isn't full coverage. :eek:

Hmm Interesting discussion. Particularly when my "back up " character for our "Champions" campaign is inspired by "Bullseye" (at least the version in the movie, I haven't read the comic in a long time). If anything happens to "St Barbara" I will trot out "Quickfire" who has most of the abilities mentioned above, plus armour, acrobatics, a few less lethal gadgets (He's supposed to be a hero, after all !), and the martial art of "An Chi" and "Super Leap". I would be interested to se how a version of "Bullseye" would go in a "Champions" campaign, either as a hero or an opponent for the P Cs !

• 6 years later...

I fyou want an example of a power that is difficult to sum up in Champions rules, I'd look more to the Apok from Rifts Wormwood. Any weapon in his hands does double damage to demons. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Best I could come up with is a VPP with weird limitations only to add to the damage of an attack... but I mean a cannon fired by an Apok does double damage to Demons? How about a ship-mounted laser...