The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I finally got some energy today and started making headway on a fairly major cleaning project I'd been putting off for a while. Cruising along pretty good on it until I started doing stuff with the floor, then felt this nasty back spasm and couldn't stand up unassisted. I have the oddest feeling that resting in the chair for 4 hours at the clinic tomorrow may be hard to deal with.

Oh, and my wife and I had a very odd discussion about the interaction of the second law of thermodynamics as it pertains (or doesn't) to reincarnation. Somebody shoot us, we have officially lost it.

I can use a break from cake, other stuff that makes me gain weight. I really don't think it's a big deal, and I wish others wouldn't either.

The way I usually celebrate is just staying home, ignoring the rest of the world, and eating pizza.

Congratulations, my friend. You've just won another trip around the Sun. It's still BYO pizza, tho.

Got a nasty cold -- called in sick 'cuz there's no way working in this condition. Missed my Grandmother's visitation at the funeral home. Missing work again tomorrow due to the funeral, which I'll be attending whether I'm sick, or not. After which, I shall return home and pass out again.

And I *&^%$#@ HATE cherry-flavored NyQuil! GAH!!! Not even a Jagermeister chaser gets rid of that gawd-awful after-taste. (Although 20 minutes later I'll be too comatose to care....)

It's a good thing, too. I'm really too tired to get as cranky as I oughta be.

I'm cranky at my Allergist. His Staff forgot to call me to cancel my appointment for the Jewish Holiday. Today when I called to make another, she put me on hold for five minutes then said she couldn't reach the receptionist and would I call back in a half hour. I just said talk to you later and hung up.

I feel like they're giving me the runaround.

I am taking IBUPROFEN (sp ?) as I have developed a pain in the shoulder and neck that has lasted for several days. I don't carry my bag on that arm and don't recall pulling a muscle or anything.

Now I may be getting a headache and I get take asperin with these pills.

Well the pain has now gone but I have to look for a new place to live and get my old stuff out of the flat by November 8th. Fortunately I have a storage thing already and it has stuff that I can't fit in the flat. Unfortunately they have put the price up again.

Well the pain has now gone but I have to look for a new place to live and get my old stuff out of the flat by November 8th. Fortunately I have a storage thing already and it has stuff that I can't fit in the flat. Unfortunately they have put the price up again.

Cool on the pain going away!

Much sympathy on the moving. I hate moving.

Well' date=' hopefully that was it. The thermostat in my dialysis machine malfunctioned and was overheating my blood as it returned it to me today, resulting in me overheating. Kinda sucky, but not critically so.[/quote']

Are you sure it was the dialysis machine causing the overheating and not the cute nurse?

I can't always understand what people mean. I can only go by what they say. And all my verbal communication skills are learned behaviors, not instinctive.

So no, I can't always recognize sarcasm or irony. I'm on the outside, looking at behaviors I have to pick apart to understand.

And then I get the fall-out when I don't understand what someone's true meaning is.

I've at least learned fast reflexes, if not good manners. Show me the same.

I've been feeling pretty off lately. I took a sick day yesterday after a sleepless night.

On another topic, lots of lowlifes out tonight. One guy did something I saw as a hostile act, and regretted it when I got on his case.

I swear, someday I'm going to lose it completely and use all my martial arts skills on someone, and damn the consequences.

I swear, someday I'm going to lose it completely and use all my martial arts skills on someone, and damn the consequences.

There was a guy here who did that. Drilled some dude in the chest with a flying side kick. He did a year or two for manslaughter. That ended my brief formal tae kwon do education, since he had a hard time teaching from jail.

Okay, I'm actually a bit embarrassed at how cranky this sounds, but I really didn't like Stephen Colbert's speech in Congress. I thought it lacked the dignity that I expect from an appearance in congress. I'm certainly not gong to argue that Congressmen are any more dignified but Congress itself should be and I couldn't shake the feeling that he was laughing at our system of government, not just the idiots working in it.