The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

If I do not respond to some of this grief, it is only because I am deeply affected by it and am unable to respond immediately. I apologize for these absences. You still are being upheld in prayer despite my apparent silence.

My gripe is that my cable company says I haven't payed them since May, and that I owe them the equivalent of one month's payment. I've been paying them through their telephone service but apparently if you fail to write down the confirmation number they'll take advantage of it. From now on I'm paying at their brick-and-mortar location so I can have a physical receipt.

To all our Non-American Herophiles who have the Privilege of Universal Healthcare:

Lucky you.

I decided I wanted a new pair of prescription eyeglasses today and despite the fact that most of Lenscrafters Patients have the same Health Insurance Company I do around here, they don't take it. So I must pay cash.

The eye exam cost $124. The glasses cost $304.95. That's $428.95. For a pair of sunglasses.

Lucky you.

Lucky, lucky you.

Sympathy. I've just got over a couple of bad-back days, which segued seamlessly from four bad-gut days.

What can I say? I took my first leave of the year. I think my body just decided it was OK to take some time out while I wasn't forcing it to go to work.

I hope you're doing better now.

If I do not respond to some of this grief, it is only because I am deeply affected by it and am unable to respond immediately. I apologize for these absences. You still are being upheld in prayer despite my apparent silence.

My gripe is that my cable company says I haven't payed them since May, and that I owe them the equivalent of one month's payment. I've been paying them through their telephone service but apparently if you fail to write down the confirmation number they'll take advantage of it. From now on I'm paying at their brick-and-mortar location so I can have a physical receipt.

Ugh! I hope you got that sorted out.

Your bank account or bank card statement should have a record of the payments.

To all our Non-American Herophiles who have the Privilege of Universal Healthcare:

Lucky you.

I decided I wanted a new pair of prescription eyeglasses today and despite the fact that most of Lenscrafters Patients have the same Health Insurance Company I do around here, they don't take it. So I must pay cash.

The eye exam cost $124. The glasses cost $304.95. That's $428.95. For a pair of sunglasses.

Lucky you.

Lucky, lucky you.

Just to make you feel better, our health care does not cover glasses. Or most orthodontia.

So, someone slipped into our driveway last night and robbed a backpack from a car. Said backpack contained a friend's work laptop and a check book and who knows what else. The laptop is encrypted, the checkbooks have been stopped. But my friends are ticked, and what was one of the nicer neighborhoods is feeling less so. The cops have been notified, but I don't think there is much they can do. I know that most burglaries never get solved.

So' date=' someone slipped into our driveway last night and robbed a backpack from a car. Said backpack contained a friend's work laptop and a check book and who knows what else. The laptop is encrypted, the checkbooks have been stopped. But my friends are ticked, and what was one of the nicer neighborhoods is feeling less so. The cops have been notified, but I don't think there is much they can do. I know that most burglaries never get solved.[/quote']

at least your local police might TRY.

:(

I can sympathize, having just gone through an eye exam and purchasing new glasses myself.

My insurance covered the eye exam quite well. But I'm going to have to file a claim to get anything back on the glasses. If I can.

Applying for any job online is a major hassle. Especially if they're using Taleo.

I'm convinced that Taleo is the first part of the employee vetting process for some companies - "If you can put up with this crap, you can work here."

As such, I've made it part of my company vetting process - "If you use Taleo, I'd rather work elsewhere."

Lucky you.

Lucky you.

Lucky, lucky you.

We have to pay for eye tests and glasses except if you are really poor. But we pay far less for the test

I just finished watching Eureka season 4. Now I am afraid to even try to look up whether there is more to come, or whether they just threw me off a cliff.

And I want Beverly Dead. Not just in prison anymore.

I think I had too much coffee today...

We have to pay for eye tests and glasses except if you are really poor. But we pay far less for the test

I was a little surprised to find that my new insurance plan covers eye testing. I haven't been able to figure out yet whether it covers my glasses. I love my new benefits package, it really is pretty good.

(What am I doing on this thread? That wasn't even slightly cranky.)