The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

It really pisses me off to see people now referring to such as Bush being an "unelected" president, g-mofo-#$*#()*@$ it, this time around it was a clear enough result, and these are the same people who feel that the popular vote should decide, so it's even more clear on the whole. That and I hate how these protestors denigrate any reasonable discourse - protesting his inauguration? What, you want him just kicked out? PROPOSE A DAMN SOLUTION, I can protest anything, but what good does it do in the absence of a notion of what is to be done instead. Same with these insane war protests - okay, the war is long OVER, so what do you want to do about the peace and occupation? If you ask hafl these people, they don't want us to leave, they just want to protest that we went!? WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO????? I understand protesting and saying we should leave - that is suggesting a course of action. Protesting the war and saying "well, I"m not saying we should just pull out" - WTF?

Damn, I just hate to deal with so many of the people I know these days.

re: scars

I got one when I was about 6 or 8. It's on my left hand on my middle finger. I got it jammed at the top of the cupboard under the sink as I went to close it. Me stupid.

On the bright side, Ive been able to tell my left from my right since. :)

Oh BTW it looks like the map of Tasmania.

We likee curves around here' date=' Becky. :D[/quote']

Well, I will admit, that as a belly-dancer, a bit of extra weight is not a bad thing because everything ... ummmm... shimmies better, and I know that I'm carrying it fairly well because when I tell people I weigh 180 lb's they don't believe me (I'm 5"9' and apparently it's spread around fairly well), but I know it's there and I'm not happy about it... so I guess I'm going to start dragging my best friend out to go walking with me now and again... I'd like to be down around 140 lb's again (where I was before I got married the first time)...

re: scars

I got one when I was about 6 or 8. It's on my left hand on my middle finger. I got it jammed at the top of the cupboard under the sink as I went to close it. Me stupid.

On the bright side, Ive been able to tell my left from my right since. :)

Oh BTW it looks like the map of Tasmania.

Too bad Ripley's Believe it or Not doesn't accept mutilations that coincidentally look like real things!

Well' date=' I will admit, that as a belly-dancer, a bit of extra weight is not a bad thing because everything ... ummmm... shimmies better, and I know that I'm carrying it fairly well because when I tell people I weigh 180 lb's they don't believe me (I'm 5"9' and apparently it's spread around fairly well), but I know it's there and I'm not happy about it... so I guess I'm going to start dragging my best friend out to go walking with me now and again... I'd like to be down around 140 lb's again (where I was before I got married the first time)...[/quote']

You're a few inches taller than me, I'm 5'5" or 5'6", depending (it seems) on who measures (maybe I gain and lose an inch of height!?).

Well' date=' I will admit, that as a belly-dancer, a bit of extra weight is not a bad thing because everything ... ummmm... shimmies better, and I know that I'm carrying it fairly well because when I tell people I weigh 180 lb's they don't believe me (I'm 5"9' and apparently it's spread around fairly well), but I know it's there and I'm not happy about it... so I guess I'm going to start dragging my best friend out to go walking with me now and again... I'd like to be down around 140 lb's again (where I was before I got married the first time)...[/quote']

Well, you will be happy to know that John has finally gotten a new pair of sneakers, ergo, we can walk. But I'm telling you now, you try and get my ass out of bed first thing in the morning to walk (like before nine a.m.), and I'm running you over with John's car.

Either that or buying ALL THE CHOCOLATE IN THE STATE and burning it in front of you. Or eating it. One of the two.

:D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

You're a half an inch taller than I am - I like to say I'm 5'9", but I'm really just a bit over 5'8".

That said... you're at least 60 pounds lighter than I am... and milady, from your pics... the shimmying stuff looks faboo!

You're a half an inch taller than I am - I like to say I'm 5'9", but I'm really just a bit over 5'8".

Say... me too! Is 5'9" the default height for an NGDer? I love being part of a group where I don't have to feel short! :D (It's brutal here in TX... Lots a tall people! Even women who are like 5'10" - 5'11". In the words of ELP, "somebody get me a ladder! " ;) )

My gripe: What do people have against cherry flavored beverages? My favorite Sobe was the Black Cherry... and, of course, they eliminated it.

So then they come out with regular Cherry (Courage)... and now it looks like that's going away.

Cherry coke continues to become increasingly harder to find, replaced by *blech* vanilla.

What's wrong with cherry, anyway? Cherry is good. It's even good for sexual puns and double entendre... I mean, c'mon... :D

#2:

Junk mail REALLY makes me cranky. It's just plain effrontery. It is having people send garbage into your mail box.

If I was independently wealthy, I would hire a team to acquire all the addresses of the executives of ALL the companies that send me junk mail. Then, I would have the team stuff envelopes with cigarette butts, banana peels, used kleenex etc. and mail it to their home. At least twice... no, three times a week.

Ah... yes. :D Revenge would be sweet...

Guest PenguinKiller

Man, today at school really really sucked! I mean, it sucked hard and out loud!!

Well, like, this weekend I had gone to a joint-birthday party for my friends Kate and Kayla and to tell you the truth, since it was held at Kate's house, it sucked pretty hard too. So, they invited me and some other people. Not too many, but still enough to make it fun. Well, even though it was my friends' Kate and Kayla's party, I hung out with my friends Katie (there is a difference between Kate and Katie) and Danielle. See, they're my best friends. Well, Danielle was going out with this guy who was also at the party, Trey, and Kate was jealous of Dani cuz she got the guy (Trey) and the friend (me) and she was left with practically nothing. Well, Dani had never told Katie she was going out with Trey which resulted in Katie wanting to set Dani up with someone else, only then Dani was going out with Trey who was really freaking super-emo (emotional) so he's really easily hurt. So we had an idea, all hatched from my evil scheming mind, that we could set Kate up with Trey, and Dani up with the guy Katie wanted to originally set her up with. Only that didn't work because when we told Kate the idea, she said no and instead told Trey. Okay, here's the problem:

#1 We had said to forget the stupid plan and that we'd just stay with what we had now, but Kate told Trey and I don't think she had a single freaking right to!

#2 Kate's been jealous for weeks of Katie and Dani, and now she's saying that she just was mad because Dani keeps breaking Trey's heart even though if he was really as brilliant as she says he is, he would've realized that he shouldn't go out with Dani unless he's ready to have his heart broken. (Yeah, Dani and Katie are heartbreakers. :D)

#3 I had plans with my other friend Mary to go to the movies with her after the party or during the party so we could hang out. Well, when I asked Kate if I could call my mom so I could see if that was okay, Kate got all mad and stuff because it's rude to want to hang out with someone else during her party. She was all fuming ( :mad: ) and I have no idea why. I mean, she was staying the night over at my house once and asked if she could use my phone so she could check with Mary to see if it was fine about the next morning going to the mall together, and when I asked if I could come too, she said that I couldn't because I was "inviting myself." How rude!

#4 When I was being sarcastic in a note to her today about how I missed the law of how I couldn't hang out with anyone else on the day of her birthday, she got mad, told me to take my sarcasm and shove it up my ass, and yet got mad at me when she brought up her stupid cousin who I don't care about and I told her that her cousin could kiss her own ass and see if I cared. I mean, she can tell me to shove it, and yet I can't tell her that I seriously don't care about the opinion of some 15 year-old blonde (not meaning that as any sort of insult, Kara ;)) retard that I've only talked to twice.

So yeah, school sucks. And the worst part... Kate still thinks she and I are friends. I don't see how. I told her I didn't care about her family, or her stupid cousin, or her stupid party, and she somehow interpreted that into: Okay, truce. *slaps forehead* Stupid incompetent imbeciles.

Man, today at school really really sucked! I mean, it sucked hard and out loud!!

(snip)

Sorry to hear that. I think everybody's day kinda sucked all over, it seemed like. As stated elsewhere I was somehow mood-wise, "above" it even though by all rights my day sucked MOSTLY - status report was screwed up and had to be resent, a major report that goes to the chief officers of our company was screwed up and didn't get straightened out until late afternoon, this being stuff I'm responsible for ultimately, and a couple smaller things.

However, I did have great news, but I'll stick that elsewhere, this is the CRANKY thread.

Good luck on a better day tomorrow. Remember, only a few more years and school (that form, anyway) is over. I bet you'll enjoy college, I have a feeling.

Shrimp. Gecko. Shame thing' date=' shorty. :D[/quote']

At least I'm not getting fatter...

Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - btw, you are the ONLY woman I know I think I can say that to (I hope that didn't offend)

Have fun' date=' Gecko Boy! :D[/quote']

Ah well, back already! We're just too tired (Alesia got only a bit more sleep than I did) and have too much else to do anyway, plus we've seen the comedians. The big pain is that this particular comedy club you have to sit and wait around for over an hour before they start the show. However, we had a nice meal/good time. PS - and where's my manners? Thanks!

My gripe: What do people have against cherry flavored beverages? My favorite Sobe was the Black Cherry... and, of course, they eliminated it.

The two beverages I miss the most are the Mistic brands of carbonated fruit juice (which I adore, and if any of you live somewhere where they still sell it, I will pay you to ship it to me), and Canada Dry's Lemon Ginger Ale.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko