The cranky thread

Hermit

Guest Skaramine

Re: The cranky thread

Well, it IS!

But then, I'm used to chaos. Or, should I say, Chaos?

At least you're not with Kaos... because, as a CONTROL agent, I'd have to arrest you.

And knowing those secret gizmos they carry, I'd have to conduct a thorough strip search.

With whipped cream.

:winkgrin:

Guest Skaramine

I feel like the Emperor manipulating the Republic. :D

*Puts on Sith robes*

You've got a lithsp now?

Who the hell set up lisp to be impronouncible by people with lisps?

At least you're not with Kaos... because, as a CONTROL agent, I'd have to arrest you.

And knowing those secret gizmos they carry, I'd have to conduct a thorough strip search.

With whipped cream.

:winkgrin:

I should be all mad and indignant here, shouldn't I?

Well, ha. I'm not. :D

Guest Skaramine

I should be all mad and indignant here, shouldn't I?

Well, ha. I'm not. :D

Well, you could always check me for hidden gadgets too.

Go go gadget whipped cream! :D

Guest Skaramine

I have to get some sleep tonight. I've been sluggish and lazy, and today, I didn't get anything but a little research done.

We just had a new database program installed today. Now I have to figure out what I'm doing all over again. I'll be doing that all morning so I can tach someone how to use it the very same afternoon.

I have to get my ears checked. People have been complaining that I'm deaf. They could be right. One of my coworkers named Robin called. I kept hearing her name as "ramen." I have made an appointment on March 14. 3/14, as close as pi as we'll ever get on the calendar. I guess it's appropriate for a math teacher to have an appointment on that day...

Gah. So I'm on the phone about something that I don't want to get into here, but part of the conversation

"Can we verify your mailing address?"

"blah blah street, Portland, Oregon"

"Ah, capital of Oregon"

"No, that's Salem"

"Well, Portland is the capitol of Maine"

"No, that's Augusta"

"I am sure it is Portland, I used to live in Massachusetts"

"It's Augusta"

"I used to go to Portland all the time, I'm sure"

Ok. I didn't want to be on the phone with this person and now I'm arguing with a geographically disabled person.

Grrr...don't wanna be at work today...the only thing that's keeping me here is that I get a paycheck in a few hours. I'd rather be at home...or driving to Kingman to surprise a particular man in my life. BLEH! So many things I'd rather be doing. :weep:

Gah. So I'm on the phone about something that I don't want to get into here, but part of the conversation

"Can we verify your mailing address?"

"blah blah street, Portland, Oregon"

"Ah, capital of Oregon"

"No, that's Salem"

"Well, Portland is the capitol of Maine"

"No, that's Augusta"

"I am sure it is Portland, I used to live in Massachusetts"

"It's Augusta"

"I used to go to Portland all the time, I'm sure"

Ok. I didn't want to be on the phone with this person and now I'm arguing with a geographically disabled person.

:rofl:

Don't worry; most Massholes are barely aware that Boston is the capital of their own state. Some think it's farther West.

But that does explain the obnoxiousness. Don't suppose they lived on Cape Cod?

So now, not only do I not get the tub I originally wanted, I have to go back to the plumbing supply place to have the shower valves modified. This is why I hate home improvement projects. And why hasn't that woman emailed me the revised quote yet? How hard can it be to delete all the extraneous crap that I didn't want on there and resend? It should take four minutes, not an hour.

So now' date=' not only do I not get the tub I originally wanted, I have to go back to the plumbing supply place to have the shower valves modified. This is why I hate home improvement projects. And why hasn't that woman emailed me the revised quote yet? How hard can it be to delete all the extraneous crap that I didn't want on there and resend? It should take four minutes, not an hour.[/quote']

She is trying to figure out how to convince you to purchase the stuff that you don't want.

That would be fine, except I already told her the tight deadline I was under, and instead of giving me two different quotes depending on what material was being used, she just dumped it all onto one quote. So not only can I tell what the total estimate should be without hauling out the calculator, I also can't sign the estimate so they can get started.

Guest Skaramine

My father called the woman I love a scumbag, and he wonders why I'm acting like someone shot me in the chest.

How I could just kill a man...

My father called the woman I love a scumbag, and he wonders why I'm acting like someone shot me in the chest.

How I could just kill a man...

Mmm... thankfully my dad is not much a part of my life, which is a good thing...

sounds like someone who needs to be soundly ignored...

so here we are' date=' still no job offer.....ggggrrrrrr..... I hate it when something is so easy for someone else, and such a pain for me...[/quote']

I've been looking since July 13. Three responses that said I was overqualified, many rejections because I don't have work experience with one bit of tech, and a lot of black holes. bleh.

Guest Skaramine

Mmm... thankfully my dad is not much a part of my life, which is a good thing...

sounds like someone who needs to be soundly ignored...

Hard to do, hon.

But, it's being done.

But, it requires a lot of playing bad cop in True Crime...