The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I find that I if I am awake before 10:30 on a Saturday for any reason other than a) Sex' date=' B) Cartoons, or c) Restroom is going to be a crappy day.[/quote']Wouldn't going to the restroom relieve the 'crappiness' of the day? :P

Guest Skaramine

*bounces in and gives everybody tackleglomps*

I'M SEEING MY GIRLFRIEND! WHEEE!

:love:

Stop being cranky!

:snoopy dance:

Guest Skaramine

Or the alert. One old lady asked me to help her cross the street once. She complained about the drivers in that intersection' date=' calling them barbarians.[/quote']

"Conan! What is best in life?"

"To run over pedestrians. To see their entrails dragging in your side mirror. To hear the lamentations of their insurance companies..."

Guest Skaramine

The only game I'm in now is a PbP that doesn't update NEARLY as often as I'd like (though more often than most).

I'm going into withdrawal, and bringing everyone else down with me. :mad:

Yeah, but I want to roleplay, not make it the flirting game. :o

Or the alert. One old lady asked me to help her cross the street once. She complained about the drivers in that intersection' date=' calling them barbarians.[/quote']

Even odds that that lady is one of the ones who activates her Aura of Self-Righteousness and shuffles across the street against the light, daring motorists to hit her. Bonus points if she does this wearing black, at night, fifty feet from a crosswalk. You laugh, but I see this all the time. It's like they're striving to achieve some kind of roadkill martyrdom, and the newspapers usually oblige.

Even odds that that lady is one of the ones who activates her Aura of Self-Righteousness and shuffles across the street against the light' date=' daring motorists to hit her. Bonus points if she does this wearing black, at night, fifty feet from a crosswalk. You laugh, but I see this all the time. It's like they're striving to achieve some kind of roadkill martyrdom, and the newspapers usually oblige.[/quote']

I see it, but mostly it is kids crossing against the lights. in the dark, wearing dark clothes...

I've had some REALLY close calls.

I see it, but mostly it is kids crossing against the lights. in the dark, wearing dark clothes...

I've had some REALLY close calls.

I'm lucky in that, for all my close calls, I was going about 15 at the time. It's not as much of a heart attack inducement at 15mph.

One kid on a bike charged for me as I was crossing on a green. I got clear, then wondered for the next half hour what he'd've done if he'd hit me. Personally, I'd've been embarrassed for him.

Oh, and current grouchiness level is at 90%. Someone accused me of having a bug up my ass because I posted a lighthearted poke-type comment on his livejournal. :rolleyes:

I'm lucky in that, for all my close calls, I was going about 15 at the time. It's not as much of a heart attack inducement at 15mph.

One kid on a bike charged for me as I was crossing on a green. I got clear, then wondered for the next half hour what he'd've done if he'd hit me. Personally, I'd've been embarrassed for him.

Oh, and current grouchiness level is at 90%. Someone accused me of having a bug up my ass because I posted a lighthearted poke-type comment on his livejournal. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it isn't even a full moon. :(

Yeah' date=' and it isn't even a full moon. :([/quote']

Only half, and it's waning.

Which is an interesting thing to say, having just seen Kung Fu Hustle.

Speaking of which . . . don't you hate it when you go into a movie expecting one thing, and you're watching it, waiting for it to be as awesome as everyone said it would be?

I should just stop reading movie reviews entirely.

Only half, and it's waning.

Which is an interesting thing to say, having just seen Kung Fu Hustle.

Speaking of which . . . don't you hate it when you go into a movie expecting one thing, and you're watching it, waiting for it to be as awesome as everyone said it would be?

I should just stop reading movie reviews entirely.

Yeah, I haven't even read the reviews lately.

we don't watch many movies in the theater, and given my wifes dislike of Sin City, it may be either Star wars or even Serenity before we do again. :(

Yeah, I haven't even read the reviews lately.

we don't watch many movies in the theater, and given my wifes dislike of Sin City, it may be either Star wars or even Serenity before we do again. :(

There are a lot of movies coming out this summer I want to see.

As it is, this weekend was a choice between 3 of them.

I won't tell you the third one, because people will make fun of me, but the second was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We decided against that one because our discount movie passes don't let us see a movie on opening weekend.

And then after we see that one next weekend or whenever, we'll be out of movie passes. *sigh*

Even odds that that lady is one of the ones who activates her Aura of Self-Righteousness and shuffles across the street against the light' date=' daring motorists to hit her. Bonus points if she does this wearing black, at night, fifty feet from a crosswalk. You laugh, but I see this all the time. It's like they're striving to achieve some kind of roadkill martyrdom, and the newspapers usually oblige.[/quote']

The amateurs may oblige her, but true players know she's only worth one or two points, hardly enough to get to the next level. ;)

I try to keep a positive spin on things, I really do. But today's news just really burns my cabbage.

So, six months ago my old work group gets word it's going to be dissolved. I am (luckily) placed into a new group. Fine.

For six months, I sat here with no real job title, and some ad hoc duties that they shluffed off on me due to workload. Fine.

After a lot of hemming and hawing over the past two months (at which point I was moved yet again), I get word that I'll see an increase in paygrade- after 4 years of trying to get promoted. Fine.

My issue is this- because of the merit (cost of living) increases I received each year at my old paygrade, I 'tripped' into the minimum bracket for my new paygrade. The result? The responsibilty of the new paygrade, with no payraise.

I'm told that it was a job 'reclassification' (in light of the corporate reorganization), as opposed to a promotion. I have another word for it, of course.

Am I wrong to be ticked off?