The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I hate my job. I hate that through the choices I've made I'm now temporarily trapped in this job. I hate that, as if somehow knowing that I'm trapped, my job and personal life have taken such a fcuking down turn that I don't know what to do with myself. It's worse now than it's ever been in the entire 6+ years I've been here. I hate that there's too good a chance of finding the bodies to take care of some of the people who are seriously contributing to this current state of crankiness. I hate that I can't punch my boss' nose out the backside of his head. I hate that I'm this pissed this early in the day/week/month/year/life.

Even ice cream and Bailey's ain't gonna fix this one any time soon, and I hate that, too.

Guest Skaramine

I hate the fact that I occasionally meet friends online who tend to be teenagers, and thus, engage in such drama that they drive me nucking futz.

Not PenguinKiller or Amused.

These little wannabe writers. Two turned out okay. The rest are freaking psycho-assmonkeys.

I hate the fact that I occasionally meet friends online who tend to be teenagers, and thus, engage in such drama that they drive me nucking futz.

Not PenguinKiller or Amused.

These little wannabe writers. Two turned out okay. The rest are freaking psycho-assmonkeys.

I'm pretty careful with teens online. It's admirable to reach out, the risk is just scary.

Guest Skaramine

I'm pretty careful with teens online. It's admirable to reach out' date=' the risk is just scary.[/quote']

It's not so much the risk. It's that psionic barrier between generations that drives humans to want to feed the younger generation to a pit of rabies infested tigers high on crystal-methamphetamines.

To the bald man in the gym:

WTF is it with you and the leg press? Today I watched you spend ten minutes just piling plates onto the sled. Sixteen plates is an impressive amount of weight--too bad you only let it down like four inches before you press it back up. What is that supposed to accomplish? But how you cheat on the leg press is your business. No, what bothers me most is that after you've put 700 pounds on the machine, preventing anyone else from using it, you walk away and do other things. You left all that crap on the sled for 45 minutes and in that time you did, what, three sets of your pathetic four-inch leg press? I fantasize that one day you will actually attempt to bend your knees and do a real leg press with that much weight, only to have it pin you in the machine. Your pleas for help will amuse me greatly. But don't worry, I'll pull all that weight off you and get you out of there.

In 45 minutes.

I got cheated on my paycheck. I was supposed to get extra cash for working with extra students, and payroll didn't give me the cash. I had to go to my boss to help me clear it. Good thing the boss was able to help; I was two seconds away from walking.

Deny me a raise or a promotion, that's your prerogative. But cheat me on my pay, which I earned, that's an ass-whuppin' offense! :mad:

I'm surprised I don't see more posts in here. There's a LOT of crankiness on the boards lately.

*shrugs*

Well, there's crankiness you need to vent, and crankiness you're better off not sharing. Right now, I'm more tired than anything. I cancelled all my appointments yesterday and slept the day away. I'll probably do that today too.

Man, what is it with the friggin email today? It's like playing whackamole with my inboxes. Plus two con calls this morning and people in the DOD with fragile egos who obsess over the exact wording of a brochure I printed a year and a half ago.

I've always cured insomnia with physical exertion. 45 minutes of running in the searing heat, and/or three sets of 400-pound leg presses, will greatly encourage alpha brain waves. In fact, I find that I quickly develop the opposite problem and need to resort to early caffeine in order to function at the office.

Okay, well, I don't know then. The only other thing that really makes me sleepy is trying to stay awake. My rule is that if I haven't fallen asleep in 30 minutes I'm just wasting time and I might as well get up and read a book or post to the NGD or something.

I've been feeling the same way myself this week, not so much stressed but agitated for some reason. I've been wanting to recreate a certain scene from Episode III (the one when Anakin pays a visit to the Jedi temple with a batallion of clone troopers) and I find myself asking "Where's a lightsaber when you need one?" But I think mall security frowns on stuff like that.

Maybe I'm just stressed out. I've been in a foul mood all week. I've even been ignoring my coworkers and being hostile to people on the train.

That's funny, I just wrote "too much stress" in the random thread.

I don't act out as you do, but feeling angry and stressed myself, though to some degree I always do. There's too much at work and too many things I want to get done at home but too many frustrations in getting things done, more with the latter. Blah blah blah...

I've been feeling the same way myself this week' date=' not so much stressed but agitated for some reason. I've been wanting to recreate a certain scene from Episode III (the one when Anakin pays a visit to the Jedi temple with a batallion of clone troopers) and I find myself asking "Where's a lightsaber when you need one?" But I think mall security frowns on stuff like that.[/quote']

If you had a light saber, they wouldn't frown for long! :eg:

I'm really demotivated at work. I mean, as in I do the minimum required to keep my job. There was a time that I took pride in what I do, but it just seems like I've busted my ass for four years, and have nothing to show for it (especially the latest thing of getting a pay grade increase, but no pay raise). Part of me is angry that I dont' have enough saved up that I could just take time off of work and complete my MBA in a year or so.

Maybe I'm just stressed out. I've been in a foul mood all week. I've even been ignoring my coworkers and being hostile to people on the train.

could you be working out TOO much?

I have run into a couple people who seemed to develop anger issues when they got SERIOUSLY into working out, As far as I know they weren't using steroids, but could the massive workouts release extra testosterone?

has your diet changed?