The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I broke a tooth over the weekend. I saw the dentist today' date=' and looking at how cracked my tooth is, I'll have to get a crown, which is $1000 I don't have.[/quote']

is there a dental school near you? I have heard they will often do reduced price procedures to help their students get practical training.

At least he didn't accidentally tongue your pr...oh look! Shiny!

Fortunately, my dentist is a woman, so if that happened....

is there a dental school near you? I have heard they will often do reduced price procedures to help their students get practical training.

Unfortunately, no. At least, none that I know of.

My wife and I have been adopted by a stray cat. He seems to have been abandoned or lost or ran away' date=' as he's not feral; he understands scritches and pets. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt another cat after Nefertiti, so we may be keeping him as an outside cat.[/quote']

Good luck with that. I've tried that approach with, I think, three different cats so far. I always gave up around the time I took them to the vet for fixing. Maybe you're not the softie I am.

My wife and I have been adopted by a stray cat. He seems to have been abandoned or lost or ran away' date=' as he's not feral; he understands scritches and pets. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt another cat after Nefertiti, so we may be keeping him as an outside cat.[/quote']

You can look around your area and check for a cost break on spay/neuter. (I can't help saying this) Most shelters would know about the next clinic or deal going on. Always a good idea and get him scanned for a microchip. He does sound like he's been left behind which has been very common. If he was originally from a shelter that microchipped, most keep track of where they were adopted to, and many are willing to take them back and adopt them out. (Though if he's not neutered, chance of a chip are small.)

You can look around your area and check for a cost break on spay/neuter. (I can't help saying this) Most shelters would know about the next clinic or deal going on. Always a good idea and get him scanned for a microchip. He does sound like he's been left behind which has been very common. If he was originally from a shelter that microchipped' date=' most keep track of where they were adopted to, and many are willing to take them back and adopt them out. (Though if he's not neutered, chance of a chip are small.)[/quote']

I haven't looked real close, but I think he's still got all his parts. The main thing the dude needs right now is a bath, though.

I haven't looked real close' date=' but I think he's still got all his parts. The main thing the dude needs right now is a bath, though.[/quote']

Good news, male neuters are usually cheaper. (exposed parts...) And there are more often Tom Cat specials running.

As long as they don't have cryptorchidism. In which case they should go in and find the undescended one, and that's pricey.

We fostered two kittens with that last year.

Yea, that's a pain. I've dealt with that a couple times, but it's pretty rare.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the s**ttiest day.

Wake up, go to clinic ... oddly feeling pretty good, pretty rested, not stressing.

Nurse doesn't tape my needles down for crap. Leak blood all over my arm.

About 9:00, stomach cramps start. About 9:45, in the bathroom suffering severe gastro-intestinal distress.

Talk to nurses, decide I should leave early. Call wife away from work.

While removing my needles, the nurse slips with one, resulting in a lot of spilled blood again. At this point, my Blood Pressure is down somewhere near the Astros' win-loss record.

Gastrointestinal distress continues throughout the afternoon, finally breaking around 3pm when, to quote Monty Python, 'the sluices open at both ends'.

Finally get hungry, to go get food ... nearly get in a fistfight with some craphead who doesn't know how speed limit signs work.

BAD DAY.