The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I really wish Cartoon Network hadn't jerked around with The Secret Saturdays all season. Not only did they give it a short 10-ep season, they scarcely advertised it ... and this probably makes tonight's episode the series, not just season, finale.

Dammit.

Addition:

Holy s**t. Someone just died on-camera on Cartoon Network.

I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Now, for my cranky, which is less 'cranky' more 'terrified'. Getting the 16-gauge needles in my arm Thursday hurt like absolute f**king HELL, despite the presence of an anesthetic in the injection sites, most likely because of the keloid scarring I have there. Last night, I couldn't sleep ... I thought I was trembling from Restless Legs or cold, but I was simply terrified of going back. Panic/anxiety attacks are bad for sleeping, whodathunkit. I get steadily more scared until I finally just call the clinic and tell them I can't do it today, I'm simply too emotionally overwrought and terrified to go.

And somehow, I feel even MORE pathetic after that.

I know this problem seems pretty cheap compared to the one above, but for three out of the last five nights I've woken up before 4:00 am and been unable to get back to sleep.

I can't take this. I need my rest. I'm way past the age where I can miss a lot of sleep and still function. I get up at 2:00 to eat then on these nights I've woken up again at 3:00-4:00.

I'm already on a sleep medication. I don't want to take Cymbalta or anything addictive. I know someone who takes Cymbalta and says he can't sleep without it. I can't sleep without my medication either.

This is not good.

We are under at least 2 feet of snow, it is still falling, and predicted to stay falling till about 10PM local time (9.5 more hours), bringing yet another 5-10 inches. A tree branch fell and cracked the windshield on my car at 2:30 AM this morning/last night. Ironically, were it not for the padding of all the snow, the damage likely would have been far worse. Lord only knows when I'll be able to get the car fixed: not only is everything closed because of the snow, I'm not the only car to be damaged like this, so there will be a backlog of work for the repair places. And now, it looks like someone needs to get out there and get all the snow off the covered parking spaces before that collapses and damages yet more cars. From the look of things, this "someone" is likely to be me.

Once more into the breach...

I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Now, for my cranky, which is less 'cranky' more 'terrified'. Getting the 16-gauge needles in my arm Thursday hurt like absolute f**king HELL, despite the presence of an anesthetic in the injection sites, most likely because of the keloid scarring I have there. Last night, I couldn't sleep ... I thought I was trembling from Restless Legs or cold, but I was simply terrified of going back. Panic/anxiety attacks are bad for sleeping, whodathunkit. I get steadily more scared until I finally just call the clinic and tell them I can't do it today, I'm simply too emotionally overwrought and terrified to go.

And somehow, I feel even MORE pathetic after that.

Your brain just doesn't want you to go thru that pain again. Perfectly understandable, not pathetic. Getting around some of our wiring is the most difficult thing to do.

For anybody worried, I went in for treatment today and everything went fine. It seems that my keloidal scarring is the source of all my trouble, as they steadfastly avoided it and I didn't even feel the Litocaine (sp?) burning when they injected it. There look to be no adverse effects from missing the treatment, as I actually weighed out a kilogram below target weight.

I am, however, REALLY tired.

I was not supposed to be on call this week, but since our office has been closed all week, I was not able to hand over the gizmos to the person whose turn it was, so I got to keep the hotline. And, of course, since the office is closed, and idiots in other parts of the country don't know this, they the hotline. I have gotten dozens of calls these past two days, so while everyone else is getting time off with pay. Plus, I typically don't work the phones full time because I do hardware work - I feel like I've been demoted to a phone-jockey again. I may as well be in the office. Only I can't go in. No, not because of the roads, but because my car's windshield was smashed in the storm, and I need to wait a few more days to get it fixed. And the office will be closed again tomorrow... so it'll just be more of the same.

Somebody so owes me for this.