Villain Help

winterhawk

Cliche?

Nah, Lawyers are evil, though they can redeem themselves by helping the gaming industry :D

Here's some ideas for a Lawyer in your group.

Mako - After arranging for a corporation to 'legally' take an island from some native families, this guy was cursed by their head mystic to have his nature match his soul. Being a Lawyer, he naturally was cursed into a were shark. He was appalled at first (He went through a lot of suits, and blood is hard to get off the ones that survived) but he's since learned the advantage of having opposing witnesses disapear.

Loophole - A teleporting Lawyer, who used his powers to gather (And take) evidence on more than one occasion. More likely, he's been talked into this because it's now gotten too easy. Banks should be a piece of cake.

Red Tape- A lawyer who's specialized in restraining orders, and drawing trials out until opposition funds and will to fight were gone, this guy uses his funds to equip himself with a barrage of entangling weaponry of crimson hue!

Re: Villain Help

Wildside is the seductress. She's the one with all the bugging skills, too, by knowing just how to hide bugs and cameras with her superior aesthetic skills. This makes her the perfect choice for the blackmailer, too... and she takes delight in forcing people to do things for her that way that leads to her criminal advantage (all sorts of things there to getting security codes, shipment schedules & routes, etc).

Re: Villain Help

Originally posted by winterhawk

I also need a 5th member. Was considering an evil lawyer, but thought it too cliched. Suggestions?

The CEO/owner of a software company.

Cool idea BTW. Kind of like the Royal Flush Gang but in reverse - they were all failures in their chosen field.

Thanks so far!

Chaosliege: Good idea. Think I'm going to actually use that for Wildside. I have an established Miraclo ripoff called 'Vitamin J' that is based on the Jekyll/Hyde formula and goes well with Wildside's concept.

Hermit: All good ideas. I have a gangboss in another campaign called Loneshark that sounds a lot like Mako.

Acroyear: Good slant to Wildside. I pictured her being like that. Sort of an 'Iron Butterfly', really shrewd businesswoman not afraid to use sex as a weapon.

Doug: Thanks for the compliment. I actually stole the concept from the Terrible Trio from the Batman mythos. And I think the 5th member is going to be a dotcom millionaire that bought a Powered Armor suit from Warlord.

Peregrine: LOL. Reminds me of the MAD TV parody of Politically Incorrect where Will Sasso does a send up of Clinton as a 'playa'. Hysterical!

Mental Powers would be appropriate for Wildside: as others have said, Mind Control to get you to conform when she's in civilian ID (which suits the rumors about Martha Stewart and her staff), and lose your inhibitions when she's Wildside. Or maybe Mental Illusions; there's a reason why everything she does always looks so perfect. Along the lines of that second theme, you could go with manipulation of inanimate matter through Telekinesis and/or Transform.

For a fifth member, how about Striker, once in charge of R and D for the U.S. military. Frustrated by the government's refusal to deploy his most lethal weapon designs on the grounds that they're too vicious for "civilized" warfare, he's decided to show them their mistake by publicly "field testing" the weapons himself. Striker can also fill the team gadgeteer niche.

You might want a self help guru that has gone to the point of deciding to help everyone by enforcing his morals upon them.

There is also the overpopular TV Talk show host (such as Regis) that has decided to take his popularity to the next level.

I am also thinking about a song artist, one that got to where he is by being the bad boy/girl and now needs an even higher stunt in order to top all the other trouble makers.

How about a truely frustrated movie critic who goes insane because "Critics are like Enuchs, they know how to do it, see it done every day, but cannot do it themselves." His success as a popular telvision movie critic is balanced by his abject failure as a film maker. He has gone insane and treats the world like a movie he is in charge of.

He'd be great with mind control abilities so he could "Direct" the actors in ''his" movie.

Re: Ooooooooooh

Originally posted by Hermit

Loophole - A teleporting Lawyer, who used his powers to gather (And take) evidence on more than one occasion. More likely, he's been talked into this because it's now gotten too easy. Banks should be a piece of cake.

This is a GOOD one!

Give Wildside a sidekick. In real life, Wildside is the Martha Stewart Homemaker extrordinare', and married to a super-high powered attorney. In supervillian ID, Wildside becomes the outrageous Dominatrix, and her hubby becomes a lap-dog submissive. The husband, in Supervillian ID allows himself to act nearly solely on animal instinct, almost like an attack dog (psychologically, he reverts to being ruled by the ID, whereas in his professional life he personifies the SuperEgo.)

I may use this! Hee. :) I donno, though, but it all sounds... Evil! Then again, my group is very MC based, and not very 'Super Team' but more Batman with Edge, so ... But this could be interesting.

Anyways, if you havn't gotten your fifth member: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1944

There's some suggestions on there to really make him nasty. Causing individuals to sing until their lungs burst, dancing until heartattacks, causing riots, etc.

He could be transformed into a rocker who's 'lost his edge', or lost his voice from blowing it out. So he seeks out some company working with technological voice box repair, and goes into a new treatment, it screws up, and now he's got some serious vocal powers, and this could extend even to sound manipulation (Shattering soundwaves, deafness, high pitched notes that shatter bone, etc).

I like the name...but he should be the team teleporter (useful for "gathering" evidence, "interviewing" witnesses, etc. He should also be able to teleport in/out his companions as well.

Hey Winterhawk, just a suggestion if you're not too tied up in the WildSide concept.

You want an evil Martha Stewart? Go for the real thing. Drop the clihce dominatrix act and go for the real creepiness: Martha Stewart domesiticity.

Think "Stepford". Think exploding muffins instead of grenades. Think Salad Shooter instead of throwing knives. Think OxyClean instead of acid. Think gigantic vacuum cleaners instead of entangles.

Yes, it's cheesey. Played up with the right kind of malice, it could also be a blast...

Hmmm... if I were to do a Martha Stewart-inspired character, I'd probably make her a villainous version of Mr. Terrific: She's excelled at everything she's tried, and has begun to see herself as above "the little people." She takes Nietzche's philosophy to heart, and believes that laws written for normal people do not apply to people like her.

Maybe make her an evil MacGyver-esque gadgeteer, prides herself in using only mundane gear, martial arts, and superior intellect to defeat supers.