Furry Champion's

HeroGM

While visiting Supermegatopia I came across these. Only of intreast to people who are into Furry super-heroes or anything close.

(Note to Steve, if Hero Games ever decides to create a furry hero book I highly suggest the artists here for interior work and the cover)

All art belongs to Supermegatopia

Re: Furry Champion's

Hmm ... there was actually a Supermegatopia RPG at one point in time, but I'm pretty sure it bombed (also one for Crushed: The Doomed Kitty Adventures ... there may be links on the SMT site).

Another artist option would be Terrie Smith, who did 99 percent of the art in Atlas Games' Furry Pirates. Her art is a little less ... provocative, shall we say, than The Brothers Grin.

Hmm ... there was actually a Supermegatopia RPG at one point in time, but I'm pretty sure it bombed (also one for Crushed: The Doomed Kitty Adventures ... there may be links on the SMT site).

I have the RPG...Crunchy Frog. Several friends and I have played it so I woudln't call it a total bomb ;) It is a pretty small niche group unless you counted the TMNT crowd. And the idea of using furry's as heroes is such a small sub-genre it'd be more use as an article in Digital Hero (and yes, I know it was one in Adventurer's Club).

Another artist option would be Terrie Smith, who did 99 percent of the art in Atlas Games' Furry Pirates. Her art is a little less ... provocative, shall we say, than The Brothers Grin.

It was a suggestion. If it was a book on Silver/Golden Age hereos I might suggest conning Byrn into doing a cover (though I do honestly miss the Perez ones). Hm....they do commissions...wonder if I should send in some pics of the new Champion's...(laugh)...be intreasting to say the least.

If you want to make characters like these, check out the package deals in Star Hero and Fantasy Hero. I think Keith Curtis has anthropomorphic animal characters in his Savage Earth campaign. Take a look at it; there are lots of good ideas there.

I liked the Captain Carrot illos.

I miss that comic.

You and me both.

Oh, and BTW, if we're talking 'Furry Champions' you might want to try Googling for either 'Shawntae Howard' or 'Extinctioners' -- it's a published comic with furry supers. Bit too much X-men for me, but the art is cool and the storyline is okay.

I think it can be found here: http://www.extinctioners.com

Guest Major Tom

A bit of info for those who are into furry comics:

From what I've been hearing lately, a new volume of the Albedo comic

series is due for release fairly soon.

Major Tom :earth:

If your a fan of Furry Fantasy Usagi Yojimbo (Rabbit Bodyguard) is still going strong (with 18 collected editions inclueding Space Usagi). A company called Sanguine is selling entire book packs of their Furry Fantasy, Swashbuckler, and Bushido settings and supplements. Some one produced an Albedo RPG at one point. And the classic TMNT.

Cheers

QM

• 17 years later...