Your Dream Ultimate

zakueins

Here's an interesting question-

Marvel calls you one morning. They want you to take somebody that was second-tier in the original Marvel universe, and "Ulitmate" them up to serious first-tier status. You choose which comic they'll run in, initially, but they'll segueway into their own book ASAP (within about six issues of their first appearance).

Only two conditions are-

1)Has to be "second tier"-no Ultimate Punisher yet, or somebody that's had their own long-running series.

2)Has to fit in well with the rest of the Ultimate Marvel line-up.

I have a few ideas, but I'd love to hear yours.

Re: Your Dream Ultimate

I'd love to see an Ultimate Moon Knight, except this time it's a woman, and there's way more focus on international terrorism.

Also, the circumstances of her origin will leave the readers in a perpetual fog, wondering whether she has actual superpowers, or is just nuts and suffering from a traumatic brain injury.

I don't follow the Ultimate series enough to know if these have already been done or not...

Ultimate Dr. Strange is a definite possiblity.

Ultimate Machine Man, have X-51 tie in as another avenue the government funded as a super soldier program.

For me, I'd choose one of the following:

- Ultimate Iron Fist. Have him show up in USM taking on the Hand, thinking that Rand is a victim, Spidey rescues him only to be attacked himself as Rand mistakes him for a super-ninja. They team-up, beat down some Hand and IF goes into his own series.

- Ultimate Longshot. Ported to earth via a "Reality Show", he must now survive w/ no knowledge of who/what he is and while being hunted down by various Agents of Mojo. When he first shows up, he appears in UFF and swoons Sue a bit before he wanders off into his own series.

- Ultimate Nova. Rich Ryder gets zapped into space by odd aliens ... while attempting to escape, he stumbles upon the process that alters him into a Xandarian Corps member. Using his newfound powers to escape the aliens, he comes back to earth and uses his powers for profit and the betterment of man kind. The first arc would take place in USM.

- Ultimate Union Jack. Once battling alongside Captain America, Falsworth was brought to Avalon after WWII, where he slumbered till England needed him again. Now, the Ultimates have invaded the isle to find the nefarious Baron Blood, who has taken Black Widow as his new bride. Will the newly awakened Union Jack be able to stop him in time?!

For Marvel, I'd love to see an Ultimate Moon Knight. I think he is the Marvel character with the most untapped potential.

If DC were to start an Ultimate imprint, I'd love to see an Ultimate Superman series. For DC second-stringers, I think Ragman has never been properly explored.

"Totally sweet. I thought the cancer thing was just stupid."

Disagree myself. It really humanized the character IMHO... this great and noble hero laid low by something that affects so many. The gods are afflicated as mortals yet are not brought low as a result as he faces his premature end with dignity and courage, knowing that he made a difference.

"Totally sweet. I thought the cancer thing was just stupid."

Disagree myself. It really humanized the character IMHO... this great and noble hero laid low by something that affects so many. The gods are afflicated as mortals yet are not brought low as a result as he faces his premature end with dignity and courage, knowing that he made a difference.

Opinions vary. I believe that it was a cheap gimmick. After all, Marvel Comics had been deconstructing the superman since the invention of Spiderman. When you've got superheroes worrying about their laundry, why do you need another example? And the dignity and courage that he displayed, for all I love the character, seems cheap and tawdry next to the people I've known who've survived cancer.

Besides, CM was an awesome character, and deserved, if he was going to die, to go out in a blaze of glory.