Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Those machines work' date=' use them, I have apnea too. I have a huge neck from years of weight lifting and a build that could give Grond a run for his money. I felt more tired after they told me as I had an excuse but bipap machines help if you can tolerate them. PM me if you have any questions Narf.[/quote']

Thanks. :)

I'm trying desperately not to be cynical. It seems the more people I know' date=' the less I like people. :([/quote']

You know what, I've been right there with you.

And then all of a sudden, when I've really felt like I've been about to enter freefall, total uncontrolled re-entry...

All of a sudden friends are coming out of the woodwork.

Live a good life, and you will make an impact

Had an interesting discussion at work yesterday. Long story short, we started a list of evil musical instruments:

The pipe organ

The violin

The panflute

The tuba? (We were shocked, too, but statistics don't lie!)

The triangle

The accordion and bagpipes: evil or just misunderstood? Tortuous, certainly, perhaps fiendish, but evil? :think:

You guys let yourselves be influenced by cheesy Disney direct-to-video releases too much.

And there's no instrument you want with you on the battlefield more than bagpipes.

Had an interesting discussion at work yesterday. Long story short, we started a list of evil musical instruments:

The pipe organ

The violin

The panflute

The triangle

The accordion and bagpipes: evil or just misunderstood? Tortuous, certainly, perhaps fiendish, but evil? :think:

What's so evil about the triangle? :think: And what are these statistics you speak of?

And it keeps on coming.

Just found out the owner of a store in Santa Cruz who'd been considering carrying my work was stabbed to death in broad daylight down the street from her boutique.

She was 38, and one the good guys. Damn.

Damn indeed. I hope her killer(s) is/are caught quickly.

You guys let yourselves be influenced by cheesy Disney direct-to-video releases too much.

And there's no instrument you want with you on the battlefield more than bagpipes.

You may be right about the bagpipes, but that doesn't necessarily imply evil. Although they are Scottish, so ... :think:

As for the rest, this isn't Disney fluff, this is science, man, SCIENCE!

What's so evil about the triangle? :think: And what are these statistics you speak of?

Ok, the triangle was added today after the fact, but we couldn't argue against it.

Statistics: we came across a study of personality types and chosen high school band instruments they played from a few decades ago. What struck us was that a certain well know to be evil type never played the clarinet. So, we dug deeper to find what they chose most often, and it seems to be the tuba. Go figure. On the other hand, this could mean that clarinets repel evil, but does that mean that they are good or simply not-evil? Further study is required.

OK, one last try: The evil that plays clarinet is insidious evil.

There's a reason us strong, upstanding types in the trombone section emptied our spit-valves over the clarinets. Because they are all soul-devouring eighth-circle demonlings behind those big eyes and that goofy-sounding reed.

The accordion and bagpipes: evil or just misunderstood? Tortuous' date=' certainly, perhaps fiendish, but evil? :think:[/quote']

I propose that these instruments are evil only when played poorly. That having been said, as it takes tons of practice to learn to play most instruments well, that's a lot of evil to suffer through before you reach the "not-so-bad" stage. However, when played well, bagpipes are 'effin epic.

As for the accordion... no, not epic, but if Weird Al can make it work in his music, it can't be all bad.

I propose that these instruments are evil only when played poorly. That having been said, as it takes tons of practice to learn to play most instruments well, that's a lot of evil to suffer through before you reach the "not-so-bad" stage. However, when played well, bagpipes are 'effin epic.

As for the accordion... no, not epic, but if Weird Al can make it work in his music, it can't be all bad.

Bon Scott played a mean bagpipes. But I've always liked them

The pipe organ

The violin

The panflute

The triangle

You forgot Slide Guitar. Truely the work of the Devil himself. The fact that it appears on a lot of Country and Western is coincidental.