Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I have noticed that I can be in my gameroom during the summer, while the air conditioner has the temprature down to 72F and I'll feel warm. Then during the winter I can be in the same room when the heater has it up to 72F and still feel cool.

Why is that? Psychosomatic maybe?

I'd like to know that myself, actually.

The humidity levels, maybe? Or it might be a core temperature thing.

Hmmmm. :think:

I think I do - if rep is meaningless, who cares about neg rep, if rep is meaningful, then since positive rep is arbitrary, what is the issue with the same for negative rep? Well, I don't think I"m saying it any better...

Anyway, to me, the whole issue was stupid. Plus I think it'd be fun if we had neg rep because, frankly, it'd be fun now that we have major rep heavy-hitters to have "rep wars" where people from alliances and neg rep and pos rep eachother for fun.

Hey Zorn:

I don't think that's such a good idea. I'm afraid it could result in a lot of fights and hard feelings. Like I said, make me laugh, and I'll probably rep you. I'm also an easy Date that way. :sneaky: Must rep some others before repping YOU again, though.

Hey Zorn:

I don't think that's such a good idea. I'm afraid it could result in a lot of fights and hard feelings. Like I said, make me laugh, and I'll probably rep you. I'm also an easy Date that way. :sneaky: Must rep some others before repping YOU again, though.

Oh, probably so, I'm just speaking as to what I think would be fun. I agree people would get upset, since they did anyway with the regular neg rep.

...half the exam marks come from 20 multiple choice questions (2.5 marks for correct answers, -0.5 marks for wrong answers). I should get the first 40% or so just from these.

The subject matter in Module 6 wasn't that difficult either, in fact I'm now looking at it as an easy way to pick up marks!

BINGO! Right on all counts!

Only two of the multiple choice questions were "chin-rubbers" so I conservatively estimate I got over the 40% mark just from this section. The five questions from part 2 were easy. One of these was from Module 6, and it was a 5-mark gimme. I finished 45 minutes early (not that I was the first to leave).

Nevertheless, after the last two days, I feel absolutely shattered!!!!

I just cracked my neck vertebrae. It made a loud popping noise, then the tension in my neck eased, and my impending headache backed off.

It's amazing how satisfying yet alarming it can be to do that.

Heh. I generally crack my neck a time or two per hour, so it isn't alarming to me anymore. Cracking my sternum on the other hand is sometimes a bit...surprising...

:D

Heh. I generally crack my neck a time or two per hour' date=' so it isn't alarming to me anymore. [/quote']

Is there any way to learn how to do that? When I have the money (which hasn't been for some months now :( ) I find that it really helps me feel better and enjoy life better if I can visit the chiropractor once every 7-10 days. While I need that for my back, not just my neck, if I can learn to crack my own neck, it would make a big difference in how I feel on a daily basis.

Is there any way to learn how to do that? When I have the money (which hasn't been for some months now :( ) I find that it really helps me feel better and enjoy life better if I can visit the chiropractor once every 7-10 days. While I need that for my back' date=' not just my neck, if I can learn to crack my own neck, it would make a big difference in how I feel on a daily basis.[/quote']

I don't really know. All I generally do is twist my head around to it's limits, and the popping follows. I can usually just feel where I need to twist to get a pop, but then again I've been doing it for 20 years or so. Generally laying my head to one side as far down to the shoulder (without lifting the shoulder) as it will go, and then rotating it backwards is fairly effective, but I'm guessing what works for me won't necessarily work for others.

And my problem has an organic basis. I have 5 thorasic vertabrae that are partially missing which have naturally fused. This causes some odd stresses in my upper back and neck. Which is why I pop my neck so often, and why I need to pop my sternum upon occasion (usually accomplished by bowing my chest in while pressing firmly on the middle of my sternum).

It also means that backrubs hurt a great deal. That and the last time I took a prescription muscle relaxant my upper back was in agony until it wore off. But for the most part my back isn't a bid deal. I'm better at heavy lifting than most people with "normal" backs, since proper lifting techniques are habit for me.

Never been to a chiropractor, and I doubt I ever will. While I know a number of people that get a great deal of benefit out of their services, I wouldn't. A chiropractor looking at my back would either look at it and realize there isn't anything they can do (i.e. someone who knows what they are doing), or they would try to fix it and probably end up paralyzing me.

I've though on a number of occasions about getting surgery to fix my back, but the idea of someone cutting around my spinal cord is more than just a little scary. Every once and a while I'll move wrong and piss my back off, but it doesn't really stop my from doing anything I enjoy. Heck, when I was fighting SCA heavy weapons regularly my back actually felt better. :)

Heh. I generally crack my neck a time or two per hour, so it isn't alarming to me anymore. Cracking my sternum on the other hand is sometimes a bit...surprising...

:D

You see, I crack my neck on about a daily basis, but it doesn't make THAT noise very often. It's a loud crack, like I just broke something, then the reverberations make my whole torso vibrate.

Dr. A, usually to crack my neck I look up at a 45 degree angle, and turn my head as far as the muscles will let it go. If that doesn't work, I give my chin a little push. Then I turn it to the other side. It doesn't always crack my neck, but it at least eases the muscles a smidge.

And to this note' date=' Vanguard00, please keep us posted, that is disconcerting, 3 weeks is just long enough to worry.[/quote']

For those who might be interested, after blanketing various mailing lists and email addys with pleas for help in tracking Thrak down, I finally got him to write me. It was short but at least he's okay. Life has indeed hit him hard--some good (new baby on the way), some bad (job woes), but he's doing relatively well, all things considered.

Just thought I'd share.

You see, I crack my neck on about a daily basis, but it doesn't make THAT noise very often. It's a loud crack, like I just broke something, then the reverberations make my whole torso vibrate.

Dr. A, usually to crack my neck I look up at a 45 degree angle, and turn my head as far as the muscles will let it go. If that doesn't work, I give my chin a little push. Then I turn it to the other side. It doesn't always crack my neck, but it at least eases the muscles a smidge.

Yeah, I get one of those every day or so. Like I said, my back is kind of screwy. :D

Oh, and as a note, I don't generally use my hands to crack my neck, just my neck muscles. Every once and a while I'll use my hands too but it isn't usually necessary. And while this is probably obviuos to everyone, it bears saying: Always make sure you use slow and steady pressure to crack your neck, especially if you are using your hands. Not that it is likely, but you'd feel really dumb (albeit probably only breifly) if you managed to actually break something in there...

For those who might be interested, after blanketing various mailing lists and email addys with pleas for help in tracking Thrak down, I finally got him to write me. It was short but at least he's okay. Life has indeed hit him hard--some good (new baby on the way), some bad (job woes), but he's doing relatively well, all things considered.

Just thought I'd share.

Cool! If you contact him again before he is back with us, wish him well for me.

Gonna be a rough week in our household. One of the Doofus Brothers [that is' date= one of two large, mellow cats] probably will have to be euthanized. Looks to me like he's got congestive heart failure, but he stunned me this morning by getting up under his own power, drinking water, and asking to go out. I think he hasn't eaten since Saturday, though.

Sorry to hear that.

Just thought I'd share.

Good to hear (on the whole), thanks!

Gonna be a rough week in our household. One of the Doofus Brothers [that is' date= one of two large, mellow cats] probably will have to be euthanized. Looks to me like he's got congestive heart failure, but he stunned me this morning by getting up under his own power, drinking water, and asking to go out. I think he hasn't eaten since Saturday, though.

Add me to the list of wellwishers Cancer. It's a bummer of a situation.

Thanks, guys. The rough part hasn't yet happened.

This guy has been the more outgoing of the two Doofus Brothers (his "brother" runs & hides from stangers), but we've known for about a year that his time was limited. When we learned that with his attacks were due to clots coming off his heart, due a congenital heart defect that runs in Maine Coons (and though he's an unpedigreed mutt, it's clear he has a slug of Maine Coon in him), that sort of let us know he wasn't going to be like my wife's previous two cats, both of whom lived to be 18+. Loki is probably almost exactly 7 years old now.