Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike – as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave . . . like this.

Can your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?"

That's the scene.

And when it happened, He did.

Guest George Kirby

If you're a skinhead' date=' make sure you don't go into the wrong neighborhoods.[/quote']

You'll forgive me if I hope this chel'at ha'min ha'enoshi makes a return trip...

HUH ?? :confused:

It's an onrunning gag thing. If you are in the know then you get it. Doesn't matter if you don't.

All you need to know is that Zornwil and I are Arch enemies on the board and battle endlessly destroying vast amounts of American real estate into the bargain. And that Bazza is the lick spittle chief toady of Zornwil.

There. That should clear things up.

It's an onrunning gag thing. If you are in the know then you get it. Doesn't matter if you don't.

All you need to know is that Zornwil and I are Arch enemies on the board and battle endlessly destroying vast amounts of American real estate into the bargain. And that Bazza is the lick spittle chief toady of Zornwil.

There. That should clear things up.

Don't forget the infrequent damage to the British Isles and occasional continental bouts in Europe. And of course Tokyo is often levelled in our jaunts (that's my home court advantage, of course!).

I'm currently 9 rep power behind my husband.

I wonder how pissed he'd be if I got another repping spree like last week's, and passed him on the rep list?

Make that 8 -- I was finally able to rep you for that webcomic link you posted a week ago! :)

Of course, since SS is on my "to rep" list and will probably get whacked with the rep stick tomorrow, I suppose it will likely put you right back where you were, relative to him...

I know this next bit is not from the "thread for random musings", but I didn't want to further derail Samuraiko & John T's thread, so...

Hey' date=' grits are yummy. Especially with butter and sugar.[/quote']

Hey! You're ruining them by putting sugar in them! Grits are best when they've got just a bit of butter and a dash of pepper mixed in...and even then, they should be thick enough you could practically eat them with a fork...

Guest George Kirby

Am not!

Hmph. Floridians . . .

Not to mention Georgians. Sugar in grits? Ukk!

The only thing you should add to your grits is pepper and butter.

This grits minithread reminds me of the shock I gave my grad school roommate. He is a native New Englander, and I think he was shocked to his core when he learned that I prefer fruit (berries in particular) to maple syrup on my pancakes, and that was a depraved blasphemy that had never occurred to him before. We remained good friends anyway. :)

Guest George Kirby

I like to put toxic waste on my grits. They're more palatable' date=' and I stand a decent chance of dying before the things ever reach my mouth. :D[/quote']

Philistine. :D