Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Are you sure you're not English? :D
Looks in mirror. I'm not Alice ;)

It's just I have to go to one in about a month and I haven't been in 5 years. Maybe I should take out a personal loan as you know dentists charge an eye and a tooth for what they do. Somehow me thinks my teeth survived 5 years without a checkup, what can a dentist do except get rich?

I've tried. This one is a lot more fierce than the fear of spiders I have. That's undercontrol. Though I think the really big Aussie Spiders might still scare the pee wads out of me. Tiny Oregon Spiders do not.

Some days are better than others with the heights thing though...

I've tried. This one is a lot more fierce than the fear of spiders I have. That's undercontrol. Though I think the really big Aussie Spiders might still scare the pee wads out of me. Tiny Oregon Spiders do not.

Some days are better than others with the heights thing though...

With all this talk of spiders I should type up my nightmare I had, not last night but during the MORNING while I was dosing.

It scared the bejeebers out of me thoroughly.

With all this talk of spiders I should type up my nightmare I had, not last night but during the MORNING while I was dosing.

It scared the bejeebers out of me thoroughly.

Remember to try and steer your thoughts when dosing. Like folk used to say back in the 60's and 70's, its all about set and setting.

oh, wait....

you meant dozing.

Never mind....:ugly:

Who is this gentleman?

Board member, search his posts. His style/tastes are a bit idiosyncratic, to the point of being off-kilter in an already off-kilter community. Sometimes his stuff is absorbing and interesting; other times off-putting. What's interesting is that he seems to have an extremely focused and intense way, although he's really quite open-minded at the same time. Interesting guy, perhaps one of our most under-rated posters. I mean, if he gets to Rage, doesn't that really say something? :straight:

I guess that's what people don't get about bullies...they rarely actually hate, at least not the type of bullies who actually are bullies simply because they ARE bigger and tougher than everyone else. It's the insecure bullies, the ones who attempt to exert their authority but have none, who tend to be the haters. Those who simply are more powerful and are challenged so end up being bullies for that tend to be rather good-natured as they look at "the little insects' around them.

I think people would rather be seen as a threat, though, and therefore hated, than to be seen as the relative insects they are. It's sad, but mostly everyone is an insect next to America and we don't even think about them. That's why we're so ignorant of most of the world, it isn't even worth a thought.

I'm speaking of course in crass generalist terms, not saying this reflects the way many Americans think, but in aggregate, I think it about fits. And I was subject to victimization and alliance on varying levels by bullies and got to know a couple, so these are my thoughts just based on those experiences.

I believe that it was Machiavelli who said "it is better to be feared than loved."

Ultimately it is better to be respected than either; it is quite possible to love someone without respecting them.

JG