Which organization will directly oppose Demon?

tgaptte

So far we have...

Viper opposed by Until

Demon opposed by...Primus?

Primus doesn't really fit, as I recall, their purpose focuses on the United States paranormal crime.

It seems to me that there would be a "good" mystical organization working at cross purposes to Demon. Are there plans to resurrect something like "The Circle" from Aaron Allston's "The Circle and M.E.T.E"? I realize that these organizations may be owned by Aaron, but I'd like to know if Herogames has any plans in this area.

Thanks.

Tim

Re: Which organization will directly oppose Demon?

The only Good mystic organization we've really heard about in the books so far is the Trismegistus Council, though UNTIL and presumeably PRIMUS both have a Mystic wing now. However, we do know that Demon is opposed by Viper, the Circle of the Scarlet Moon, Adrian Vandeleur, and most of the CU mystic world. Maybe they are the Evil that Evil keeps in check? ;)

Yep. There is no single direct opponent. Hell, VIPER and UNTIL aren't really main opponents, in the GIJoe/Cobra sense.

However, when your list of enemies includes the Trismegistus Council, the Circle of the Scarlet Moon, PRIMUS, UNTIL, VIPER, the Descending Hierarchy, and pretty much every mystic, good or evil, who knows about the Kings of Edom. . .

You could always go old school and dig up a copy of "The Circle and M.E.T.E." book from 4E. The Circle would definitely be Demon's direct opposition.

Five or six fairly low power mystics versus Demon's endless legions? That's not going to go very well. ;)

You could always create an ori\ganization of good mystics to oppose DEMON. maybe ANGEL?

Perhaps an ecumencial group of heroes with religious sponsorhsip could be DEMON;s nemesis. Perhaps all the world;s major relgions recognize DEMON as a threat and put aside their differences just long enough to fight back.

I thought one of the whole points of DEMON was that they specialized in not being seen as a major threat.

Sure, the Desending Hierarchy of Hell has finally figured out what they're up to, and the word's trickling out from there. But that was, like, the powers of the Netherworld itself. It's not like DEMON took out an ad in the papers.

Add on to that the fact that everybody in DEMON except Luther Black and his Inverted Trinity doesn't even know what DEMON is really there for, and, well, you see.

Frankly, I can see PRIMUS having sub units or special teams meant to deal with the various organizations that threaten national security.

"Project Mongoose" (think of a better name if you hate that one) could be a PRIMUS unit devoted to dealing with VIPER related crimes and activities and foiling them. Probably started out as a part of Prometheus, but as VIPER became more and more a major threat, this group was felt justified.

"Unit #13" Could be the mystical research and investigation division. Probably the most mysterious of the lot.

"Prometheus" To deal with ARGENT, as well as the many high tech masterminds out there. They seek to not only stop such crimes, but retrieve the technology used and harness it for the Government.

It would be pretty easy to adapt the Thaumaturgia, from the licensed Champions campaign e-book The Kandris Seal, as the primary opponents of DEMON and premier good-guy mystical group in your campaign world. The focus of the book is already on a secret war between the Thaumaturgia and malevolent demonic forces, and the Seal itself could be one of the wards barring the Kings of Edom from entering this world.

TKS is a very good super-mage campaign sourcebook, and the website linked to above has lots of free downloads from it. (The book itself is available here in the Online Store BTW.)

Five or six fairly low power mystics versus Demon's endless legions? That's not going to go very well. ;)

That's my point...it seems like there's NO WAY there couldn't be a good mystical organization keeping tabs on Demon...

Mystery Inc.

Shaggy: "Like, zoinks man ... that's old man Withers under that hood."

Scooby: "Rah ... rol ran Rithers."

Fred: "Easy gang ... there could be more of them."

Morbane: "We will feast on your souls!"

Velma: "Jinkies! They've got Daphne!"

Fred: "I've got a plan ... but we need help from Blue Falcon and Dynomutt!"