Goofy Villains

Steve

Re: Goofy Villains

That's cool. I was thinking of writing up a supervillian team on the same theme' date=' with the main difference having 'Donner' as a cannibalistic mystic. :-D[/quote']

Don't blame me...my GM created them...and I did miss out on when thay were called the Raindear Raiders. Still, I was reminded of them by the rest of the partie (and became common knolage of the embarsing past of a well known supervilian group, who decided to pull there first caper during the Cristmass seasion).

No kidding! What is up with that place? Buildings should be designed for simple, easy acess to and from all parts. This place sure isn't.

The big clock down on the lowest level is pretty cool, though.

Zeropoint

It was specifically designed to keep people wandering through the mall and, if one wants, to walk the entire mall without using the stairs or elevator. The theory is that the more stores you walk past, the more likely you would buy something.

Definately, big mechanical clocks remind me of Champions alot.

Guest rbezold

From the Golden Age:

Otto Von Bahn- The worlds' meanest race car driver and part-time Nazi spy.

Vicky Antoinette and Tori Arnold- A couple of very silly girls who want to get back the original 13 colonies and the Louisiana Purchase for England and France whether they want them or not.

Atom Bomb Man - He _wants_ to be a hero, but his only power is to touch off a thermonuclear device. Plus he has a cool theme song. You can see his write-up at Whamme-Whamme's American Icon at http://www.herocentral.net

My goofiest villain was a take off on the Producer from Allston's Strike Force. He called himself "Matinee" and set up elaborate "public viewings" of his movie remakes. For example, he developed an army of robotic zombies that homed in on any famous Barbara ("They're coming to get you, Barbara!")... at the time, Barbara Bush and Barbara Striestand (sp?). The zombies didn't actually hurt anyone and wouldn't... they'd just grapple with innocent bystanders and drool on them, gumming them with their toothless mouths.

He followed that up with an alien invasion, a la "War of the Worlds," and had a number of other plots in the wings. He was more of an annoyance than anything... completely insane and with no idea that his remakes weren't popular entertainment for the masses.

When he had finally been locked up, his schtick was taken up by a group of resourceful punks who called themselves the Matinee Idols and basically consisted of your stereotypical indie filmmakers. Because they were more interested in the "Pulp Fiction" style of doing things their "movies" tended to be more brutal and dangerous (and therefore less amusing).

Robb

THE INTERROGATIVES!

Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why! I never bothered actually concocting an origin for them, that wasn't the point. ;)

WHO was the shapeshifter. ("Who's that?")

WHAT was the giant hulking 10' monster brick. ("WHAT'S that?!")

WHERE was the teleporter.

WHEN had time control powers.

HOW had a 'gadget pool' that could be changed in combat ("How do we get through the door?" *click clack whirrr ratchet clink KACHICK* "Here's how!")

WHY was the telepath, but sans Ego Attack ... only Mind Control and Mental Illusions ("Why'd you do that?!")

All were remarkably goofy, used their name in puns as often as possible, and yet were oddly effective.

I've toyed around with a few foolish characters in my campaigns and have come up with these...

Charade, a heinously evil master-mime.

Haul-Lass, strong female speedster.

Piñata, you can only beat on him for so long before he explodes.

Jumbo Shrimp, a pint-sized fellow with not much growth.

Pop Rocks, no character concept yet... just liked the name.

Never got around to using any of them.

On occasion, I use a group of villains who have a hard time becoming famous... err... infamous. They feel their personas are never "right" for the job and are constantly remaking themselves.

In their latest caper, they managed to introduce a mass quantities of a World War 2 super soldier program's failed formula among the homeless of NYC. In the distraction, they made their presence known by stealing a collection of very valuable gems known as The First Ladies. In this incarnation, they were calling themselves...

Ripple, gadgeteer

Wild Irish Rose, screamin' sound manipulator

Thunderbird, brick with a jetpack

Mad Dog, half-stupid feral beast of a man

Night Train, speedster who turns into a black bolt of energy

:)

Richard

My favorite was The Amazing Darkon. He was a darkness manipulator from Canada. My character was Canadian, so naturally The Amazing Darkon hunted my character.

The Amazing Darkon had this huge black lightning bolt thing on to of his head as part of his mask.

We sort of decided that lightning bolt thing was the amazing part.

Let's see...

In my world, Foxbat collected four other supervillains to form the Foxbat Five (even better than the Fantastic Four, cuz there's five of them, y'see?). Foxbat, Exoskeleton Man (Leroy), Harmonious Fist (from a 4th Edition book), The Amazing Static Man (stolen, er, adapted from V&V), and Dot (formerly from CLOWN, vastly rewritten). I'll probably replace Static Man somewhere along the way, though.

I had the Scavenger, who was a recycling supervillain, built a huge mecha from old car parts, scrap metal, and other junk. Of course, his "secret" base was in a junkyard.

BRUTE Force (Blue Cyclone, Repo, Uproot, Tremor, and Express), a bunch of pro wrestlers who got superpowers and became, um, superpowered pro wrestlers. The battle between BRUTE Force and Silver Phoenix (the hero group) was a pay-per-view event in my campaign world and one of the funnest I ever ran.

The Secession Squad, who insisted that the South *will* rise again whether it wants to or not. All members had names beginning with "S" (Southpaw, Stonewall, Speedball, etc.) and many plots had elements starting with "S" (for instance, they only drove around in Sentras, Subarus, etc.). Hey, it was early in my GMing career! Cut me some slack.

The Secession Squad' date=' who insisted that the South *will* rise again whether it wants to or not. All members had names beginning with "S" (Southpaw, Stonewall, Speedball, etc.) and many plots had elements starting with "S" (for instance, they only drove around in Sentras, Subarus, etc.). [/quote'] Sounds like they should have called themselves the Sibilance Squad...

Blue Jogger and Zeropoint are you talking about the Horton Plaza in San Diego?

If Blue Jogger is talking about the same Horton Plaza that I am, yes.

I like the idea of a demon who wants nothing more than to leave that place, but can't figure out how.

Zeropoint

Our GM was soundly berated (and there was actually a little beating in there, too) when we worked out what was going on with this particular villain...The Producer, a 50-something nerd whose super-powers were derived from wearing Ed Wood's class ring!

His powers were all um...idiosyncratic. For example, to activate his resistant defense, he yelled, "Stunt double!", and a stunt double appeared and took the damage for him...not a real person, just a special effect of his power.

When the Producer took damage, he yelled for makeup...and a horde of makeup artists surrounded him and fixed him up (aid to REC, or perhaps simplified healing). His command "Cut!" froze the heroes in their tracks, and "That's a wrap," was the incantation needed for an entangle--with 9mm film.

"Fight scene!" got us swarmed by hordes of apparent normals, all trying to attack us in the most spectacular ways possible...again, just a special effect of the Producer's powers, and not real people. But we weren't sure, so we were having to be very careful. And in the meantime, the villain wouldn't shut up! He kept up this demented cliched "producer" monologue throughout the fight..."They say I'm insane, but they're fools, shallow fools who cannot encompass the splendor of my vision. I will rise from my celluloid nest like a phoenix from the ashes and the theatrical world will be awed by my talent--" and so on and so on.

We finally dealt with the Producer by using NND attacks...he screamed for stunt doubles and no-one responded. It was pitiful, but by that time, we weren't feeling very sympathetic. Oh, he was driving the three PC heroes--and the players--nuts! But we got him..."Th-th-that's all, folks!"

...and then it was our GM's turn.

My goofiest villain is actually the party's greatest nemesis. Boo, the Miniature Giant Space Hamster from Baldur's Gate fame. I introduced him in a D&D 3E game as a psionic familiar who mentally dominated the mage that created him. One of the PC's was the mage's apprentice, so Boo would always have the mage order the PC to brush Boo, or clean up his poop, or take him on field trips...

Oh my wife HATED it. :nonp:

He ended up trying to take over the kingdom with mind controlling leeches.

When we started playing Champions, I made him a supervillain. He was a science experiment gone wrong, and he ended up mind controlling the scientist that made him. He then created an army of super intelligent apes to take over the city. My wife took great joy in grabbing Boo, and then squishing him inbetween her brick's hands, collapsing his forcefield and knocking him out. I had to remind her she was a hero and wouldn't smush the cutesy little sleeping hamster.

She hated that, too. :)

That reminds me...I have created Threebooter, for my "Steriaca's Charaterpaloza" thread. He is a mutant with three legs (as opose to normal people, who only have two of them).

When I created him, I wanted to create a fun loveing bank robber/robin hood type charater, without the bow and arrows, and also a pro-mutant lib charater without the "oh, woe is me" baggage (or the "kill all flatscans" baggage).

And I have yet to use him (it is hard to use someone when you don't have a campain). AND I AM STILL WAITING ON FEEDBACK ON ANY OF THE CHARATERS I CREATED IN THAT THREAD! (sorry for screaming)

The current villain in my campaign steals body parts from superhumans and attaches them to himself. Sort of a piecemeal Rogue.

He's called... Piecekeeper.

Sounds a lot like the main charater of the defunked Marvel comic book Terror Incorprated. One of thoes "It sounded good on paper, and 'good' guys who are not that heroic were selling" things.