Octopus, Centaur... what else?

Guest WhammeWhamme

Guest WhammeWhamme

Cool visuals can stick with you.

Doc Ock in Spiderman Two, for example, looked _really_ cool. Enough so that I started thinking about creating my own variants on his power set.

Looking at a GURPS book I bought for no real reason, I noticed a similiar character; Doctor Centaur (lower body is now a four legged robot). And I thought that was cool.

So I thought "You know, I want to think up a variant on the "added cyberlimb" that will be cool and unique".

No such luck. The best I could come up with was "Ooh. Snake. One less limb, but it's longer and stronger..."

So. Anyone seen characters in this vein that were cool?

Or simply have an idea along these lines that is cool?

Re: Octopus, Centaur... what else?

Ok to do with extra limbs the coolest character i have seen is Marvel's Spiral, 6 arms and a fantastic character.

the lamest cybernetic limb person ive seen is probably Image's Stryker why would anyone need two arms on on one side and one on the other why not have two on both .

Of course there is scorpion with his tail, which is cool.

Actually i will get back to you on this i cant think of anything original.

Cybernetic head? Stunned or unconscious character can be manipulated by the AI brain? Foucs for many enhanced senses and electro-comms powers?

Douglas Adams gets the credit for that one (sort of) and Martin Caidin gets a nod for the limbs controlling the KO'd character.

I would say that the other option that you didn't list was wings. Usually wings are done to look normal' date=' but I've seen some really cool pics of metalic wings on humaniods.[/quote']

Archangel was a good example.

An idea would be to have a group that has been cybernetically enhanced by a mad scientist.

You know so that one has robotic pincers for hands...

another with mandibles....

hmm cybernetic mandibles hasne been done or antennae straight into the brain making them have enhanced senses..

As a variation on Doctor Centaur, I had the idea of Sleipnir(sp?), a six legged centaur body based on Odin's six legged horse.

Cybernetic eyes based off insect eyes that provide 360 vision and also enhanced sensory powers.

THat antennae idea was pretty cool though, I'll have to steal, er... borrow that one.

Something creepy that just occured to me is a villain whose arms have two elbows each' date=' and an extra section of arm. I don't know what that's good for, but it's a disturbing visual.[/quote']

Maybe its some kind of contortionist who has many cybernetic knees and elbows and can get out of any constraints.

Or maybe something like trapjaw from he-man with interchangeable weapons for hands.

Still trying to think of something original

mind you that antennae idea was original yay me and thank you for stealing it spread the wealth

Ok, here's one,

I had a martial artist born with no arms. His feet were fairly prehensile, so this wasn't as big of a deal as you would imagine. Ok, some "genius" decides to give him cyberarms against his will (very comic book). Now, the cyber arms were lousy, even compared to using feet as hands (although truth be told, his feet were more dexterous than most hands). So, he had the cyberlimbs modified, just for him.

Ok, so now, his cyberarms are cyberLEGS that go from the floor to shoulder height (although they retract to arm length when needed) and he STILL uses his feet as hands. (Why change something that works?)

Although he sometimes uses his cyberlimbs as battering rams. He recently added cyberarms to the ouside of his cyberlimbs, since sometimes he needs to lift heavy things and he doesn't want to hurt his back, although these don't quite have the manipulations of hands either.

He has 1" Stretching (because he can use the entire length of his body) and +2 OCV with HtoH (he's got so many options) and bonus running based on using the cyberlimbs.

Ok, here's one,

I had a martial artist born with no arms. His feet were fairly prehensile, so this wasn't as big of a deal as you would imagine. Ok, some "genius" decides to give him cyberarms against his will (very comic book). Now, the cyber arms were lousy, even compared to using feet as hands (although truth be told, his feet were more dexterous than most hands). So, he had the cyberlimbs modified, just for him.

Ok, so now, his cyberarms are cyberLEGS that go from the floor to shoulder height (although they retract to arm length when needed) and he STILL uses his feet as hands. (Why change something that works?)

Although he sometimes uses his cyberlimbs as battering rams. He recently added cyberarms to the ouside of his cyberlimbs, since sometimes he needs to lift heavy things and he doesn't want to hurt his back, although these don't quite have the manipulations of hands either.

He has 1" Stretching (because he can use the entire length of his body) and +2 OCV with HtoH (he's got so many options) and bonus running based on using the cyberlimbs.

No there's a picture i would like to see.

Now there's a picture i would like to see.

Unfortuately, I can't draw, but you have to picture someone born with no arms and how they've learned to move around (using their feet as hands), then picture someone walking on their arms because they have no legs, but the upper arms can be extended so you while walking on them, you are still at correct height. Because the upper arms can retract and extend (and are cybernetic), they can be used as battering rams or hydraulic lifts. Remember that elbows bend differently compared to knees. :)

Finally attach normal looking cyberarms with mittened hands. The hands can grip but don't have fine manipulation.

If you can picture that, and more importantly, if you can picture that and draw that, please send an attachment.

Has anyone else actually had a player try to play a PC with cybernetic genitalia? I've had it suggested to me twice.

The closest was a demon with a naturally prehensile tongue as long as his arm. Most women ran away from it, but one or two were intrigued with the possibilities. It was suggested that that was his genitalia since he didn't have any obvious naughty bits and he did like to wave it at women and lick their face. :think:

Let me think...

...Cyberjaw, a guy with a replacement stomic which can disolve almost anything, and a replacement jaw which can bite almost anything.

...Monojaw, a guy with cyber arms...and each hand has a 'mouth' which can open up to bite. (Acualy, I writen him up...but as a guy who was mysticly messed with...imagion a guy with no mouth on his face, but instead one on each hand, like Vapier Hunter D).

...Shiva The Destroyer...a mercnarie with a "cyber rig", which is basicly six difrent "waldos" from his trunk. Thay are not there to maipulate things, but instead all six of them end in difrent weapions which he can use agenst his enimies.

...Think Tank. A disembodied brain kepted alive in a robotic shell. May or may not have mental powers, but his robotic body is a brick level powerhouse.

...Live Wire. A man with two artificial arms he can electofie. Also, he can extend two long wires from the arms and use them as electric whips.

...Zom. A brain dead man with a computer for a brain. A wicked experment created by Mechanon on a homeless man.

...Manticore. A man with a powerful tail with shooting spines at the end of them.

You know, Carnage from Spider-Man was cool before they overxposed him. What about a tree/plant-elemental villain who can extend vines from any part of his body which is useful. They could carry him aloft, grab a beer from the other room, whip or grab his enemies... the uses are limited only by my tiny imagination. Mainly I like the beer thing.

You know' date=' Carnage from Spider-Man was cool before they overxposed him. What about a tree/plant-elemental villain who can extend vines from any part of his body which is useful. They could carry him aloft, grab a beer from the other room, whip or grab his enemies... the uses are limited only by my tiny imagination. Mainly I like the beer thing.[/quote']

Thorn, from CKC, has this ability.

And the beer thing is very cool. Don't have to get out of the recliner. :)

Has anyone else actually had a player try to play a PC with cybernetic genitalia? I've had it suggested to me twice.

Cyberpunk had the infamous 'Mr Studd' implant. There was no description in the book, so it was up to you what it meant. Was variously interpreted anything fron cybernetic penis-pump to full-on prosthesis complete with neon flashing lights and a time display.

Cyberpunk had the infamous 'Mr Studd' implant. There was no description in the book' date=' so it was up to you what it meant. Was variously interpreted anything fron cybernetic penis-pump to full-on prosthesis complete with neon flashing lights and a time display.[/quote']

Yep, it popped up (no pun intended) in a few other places in the game as well. There was also the Midnight Lady for females. There new addition of Cyperpunk has a similar gizmo but they actually describe it somewhat. Its a bit disturbing.

These characters were full on Champions characters who powers were based around a prosthetic member. You run into some odd people when you PBEM.

Well, I'm not sure if this is strange enough to qualify, but I just finished a character Called Cyberdusa- she is a cyborg whose head is covered with extending cybersnakes that can allow her to see in 360 degree arc, have a bite attack that induces a paralytic venom into those affected, can be used for whip and grab attacks, etc. She also has enhanced strength, cyber armor and enhanced running.