Egyptian villain name needed

Tech

I have an egyptian villian called Pyramid and recently found a wonderful picture that I can use for his flunkie, which I am in the process of creating. However, I'm at a loss for names to use. I'm tired of seeing egyptian gods names being used so I'm not interested in those. Please help because I need to have it by tomorrow evening - Friday evening is my game night. :)

Re: Egyptian villain name needed

Is it possible for you to post the picture so we can see what he/she looks like? That helps sometimes.
Easily describable: He wears a typical ancient Egyptian taskman headpiece with the exception that the headpiece comes down over his eyes, effectively a mask.

His chest, legs and upper arms are bare. He wears Egyptian taskman clothes over this waist and wears sandals. From his elbow down to his hands are gloves.

He's going to be the brute strength for Pyramid. Easy to hit but hard to take down.

If you've seen the movie, The Ten Commandments, you've got a fair idea of what he looks like.

My first suggestion is completely legitimate and IMO appropriate, but it may add an element of humor to the character:

This villain is a lesser functionary of his boss, no? Well, in ancient Egypt the pyramid was a tomb monument for the greatest rulers, but lesser individuals often had their burial pits marked with low, square stone buildings that are known as Mastaba.

The rude puns this is likely to engender would probably keep your flunky perpetually irritable. :snicker:

Keeping with the architectural theme, if this follower is unusually statuesque, you could try Obelisk. I once created a giant Egyptian villain with that name.

Capstone. That's the pointy stone on top of the pyramid, made of electrum or something. Fits with Pyramid and isn't Thoth-Amon-Sul or anything. Nice and themed and Anglicized.

Personally, I like Mastaba, although yeah, most gamers would make at least three jokes a night about it.

Personally' date=' I like Mastaba, although yeah, most gamers would make at least three jokes a night about it.[/quote']

Heh, maybe Mastaba has an enraged or berserk that goes along with purposeful misuse of his name. Something like a 4-5d6 RKA double knockback with a -1/4 limitation "only when enraged/berserk." Heh.

It's like dictionary workout night.

These come from my Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary copy, which defines hieroglyphs from all sorts of sources with no distinction of period or usage.

sa – corps of soldiers, order of priests, company of workmen, class of officials, phylarch, overseer of the order

kherpu – director, governor, overseer, leader, chief, master, president, divine chief, landlord

h.eri – chief, chieftain, master, captain, president, governor, overseer, superior; he who has chief charge, control, or authority; a celestial being; he who is over

h.i – to discover, to inspect, watcher, overseer, inspector, spy

rut.u – overseer, agent, inspector, superintendent

Re h.eri – chief, commander, overseer, director, headman (of Ra, presumably)

Mes – chief prince, overseer of a cemetery

mer met – captain in charge of 10 men

mer metcha-t – overseer of the keepers of the books

mer nu-t – governor of the town, mayor

mer resu – overseer of the South

mer h.et-urt – overseer of the six courts of justice

mer khent – the four overseers of the pleasure gardens

mer khert neter – overseer of the cemetery, overseer of the cemetery workmen

mer khetem-t – keeper of the seal

mer khetemu – overseer of the keepers of the seal, keeper of the seal of the palace

mer shent – peasant, overseer of a class of servants

mer – overseer, chief officer, head, superintendent, director, foreman

beq – chief, overseer

ua^ruti – inspector, overseer, ranger, overseer of the governor’s dining room

Where:

a^ = long “a†(try writing it “aaâ€, e.g. Uaaruti)

h. = “underdot ‘h’â€, voiceless pharyngeal frictive (like the Arabic “H†that is way back in your throat like you’re clearing your throat)

t. = “underdot ‘t’â€, presumably this is a voiceless pharyngeal plosive (I have no idea what that would sound like; probably like a “t†or “q†with the breath coming from way back in your throat)

(those explanations are courtesy of my Phonetic Symbol Guide copy)

Thanks for all the good names. I haven't decided which yet, but that's because of all the good choices to pick from. Desert Fury is good but I think I'll use that for a different villain I have. Thanks for the quick help.

I know someone else already suggested this, but I also think Obelisk is a very good name for such a character.

I have an Egyptian themed villian named Pharaoh. He believes himself to be the last pharaoh of Egypt, granted immortality and powers over the sands so that he might rule forever. If your villain is somewhat of a control freak, or is actually in charge of quite a bit, Pharaoh might be a good name for him as well.

I know someone else already suggested this, but I also think Obelisk is a very good name for such a character.

I have an Egyptian themed villian named Pharaoh. He believes himself to be the last pharaoh of Egypt, granted immortality and powers over the sands so that he might rule forever. If your villain is somewhat of a control freak, or is actually in charge of quite a bit, Pharaoh might be a good name for him as well.

Along those lines, how about Monolith?

Rob