Parallel Universes

Steve Long

What I find crazy about this (assuming that the theory is indeed accurate) is that it means that, essentially, everything being published by Hero Games, and everything that happens in all of our campaigns, is essentially true -- in the infinite expanse of four different types of parallel universes, everything in the books and in the games actually happens.

We could even eventually be visited by someone from one of those other universes. Really.

We could even eventually be visited by someone from one of those other universes. Really.

Of course another implacation is that there are worlds that are defined by the fact that they are never visited by anyone, that is what makes them unique.

The question is, which kind are we on?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BobGreenwade

What I find crazy about this (assuming that the theory is indeed accurate) is that it means that, essentially, everything being published by Hero Games, and everything that happens in all of our campaigns, is essentially true -- in the infinite expanse of four different types of parallel universes, everything in the books and in the games actually happens.

I thought the article said quite the opposite. The number of alternate universes is in fact finite, and limited to the rules of physics.

Originally posted by dbsousa

I thought the article said quite the opposite. The number of alternate universes is in fact finite, and limited to the rules of physics.

Look again! :D The number of universes just on our own plane of existence (Type I) is infinite. By the time you move up to Type IV parallelism, even the rules of physics are mutable.

Someone, somewhere, is watching these boards with great interest.... ;)

So 'somewhere' there's a Level IV parallel universe where the laws of physics are the HERO System 5th edition.

And another where it's 4th edition, and another for 3rd, and one that's 5th edition, but the extra DCs from STR are prorated by the advantages on the HA, and...

Cool, but strange.

[And yes, I know enough mathematics to know that the HERO System isn't the type of mathematical model they're talking about.]