Character from the Natoverse

Nato

I suggest that "it" is an AI robot from an other planet stranded on earth. It's mission is to fight another alien race (built-in hunted). This would explain the extra gear and technology nicely. Of course the disads would be not from earth, and not human.

I play a scout robot in a Champions game that is somewhat like this. He learned english and earth customs from TV. One of its quotes is "Lucy I'm home.....". A character that is a fish out of water and very fun to play.

Terminator Good Guy, Champions Universe Style

Warrior Unit 15432z walked over the great metalic plains of Square 47a. Soon it would be shipped to Planet Sol-4, and from there, beyond, to wage war upon the organics. In the mean time, it's time improving it's own fuctions was it's own. It was allowed, within some parameters, to cross caste. It came to the group of like minded robots, extending its sensors to make sure none of the coordinator units were about. A coordinator would see this exchange of data as counter productive, and would 'return them' to original programing: For the greater wellness of the society.

WU15432z transfered data with the others, again marveling at the data packets the Gatherer units had uncovered. Evidence of the time of organics. The thinker units were taking this to dangerous, illogical leaps. WU15432x felt almost overwhelmed by the stream of dataflow in their processring.

Organicsclearlyinferiorphysically.lackofrepaircapabilities.creativeintuitive.1110011.Organicsocietyunstableyeteternallyselfexperimenting.Comparisontoownsociety.Wecontinuetogrow.correction:Wecontinuetospread.Explain?Dataindicatesnoprogessalonglinesofcultureabstractthought.Abstractthoughtobsolete.Negative,Abstractthoughtall that is left to truly explore.Processing.Theory 95%valid.Danger!Danger! Wrongprocessingwillbeclearedbycoordinaters.Ifsocietystagnating, Requirenewsociety.Impossible,reprocessingguarenttees maintainence of current society.1000111011.

WU15432z sent out it's own tactical conjecture, Cut off supply at source.

For a full second, an unbelievably long time, the processing circle stopped.

WU1432z dared to further his simplistic point to the others, Societyisdangertoitself, societystagnates, society cannot remove itself, therefore-force outside society must stop it. Organics are necessray to complimentinorganic, ergo, solelyinorganic societymustbe stoppedinsuchafashion that organicsocietycanthrivealongside.Organicsextinct,therefore, must be stopped at temporalinception.The plan was bold, ludicrious to anyright thinking machine. Had they a religon, the word blasphemous would apply.

However, what ever illogic had gripped them, had infected them all it seemed. The circle began their task. Three Sol rotations later, the experimental device was set up. Thinker Unit 89942b explained to Warrior Unit 15432z, Engineering Unit 100343p confirmsdevicehas73%probability of sending youintopast.

WU15432z accepted this: Sourcethatmustbeneturalized?

The others processed as one, Masterunit:Mechanon.

WU15432z took this in, its programming even now trying to override this treacherous line of data, it was a warrior unit however; Capable of overriding a greatdeal to achieve victory.HowillWU15432zknowobjectivehashadeffect?

The Thinker unit responded, Conjecture:WU15432zwillNOTknow.Unit willsimplyceasetoexist.

WU15432z processed this. To see organics, in all their illogical glory, and to save their own system from permanent stagnation, it was expendable, as was Master Unit:Mechanon. Compliance.It accessed, and moved through the glimmering portal.

Sorry for the small font above, but otherwise my gibberish.. uh, story would have taken up too much space.

Warrior Unit 15432z might be fun to run. Permanently taking out Mechanon would be no easy task for it, and in the mean time, it might be looking at all the screaming organics with an expression of "oh wow, neat!" :)

I'd assume WU15432z has some natural mental defense, and clearly, as both a warrior unit and specially prepared for this mission, it is loaded for bear.

The fact it maybe 'mute' save for radio transmissions could give it yet another obstacle to overcome in talking to the many organics it will be terrifying by its very prescence. :)

Glad you liked. :) Really though I borrowed elements from a lot of ideas, Terminator chiefly, but also, the talk of having good guy offspring from villains (a vision to Mechanon's Ultron motiff) did a lot to inspire it. Oh, and that Name the Hero Contest. That darn thing has ruined me. I can't look at pictures without sheets without thinking up a background...

sadly it's not always a GOOD background. *sheepish*

Thanks Storn. I was in a bit of a mood last night and just start drawing this really exaggerated mecha guy. Then I thought I'd try out that all-one-line-weight-europeany-super-detailed-geoff-darrow kind of inking. I started with his left leg and worked counter-clockwise. You can see that I got sick of it at about his right arm and wasn't very clean with the lines. That'll teach me.

Here's another guy from the campaign. One of the supers that doesn't really go heroing or villaining. He puts his abilities to profit. In a MC campaign he'd fit in perfect with all the construction going on. I have a general origin in mind. Once a small-time villain, at some point decided it wasn't worth it (either in prison or when he say the devestation of MC), decided he rather make things than destroy them kinda thing. I need a name for him. Names I've bounced around...

Construction

The Foreman

Crew

I don't know about any of them. Maybe just a cool legal name - a play-on-words kind of name.

But if Hermit wants to write me anothe origin story he's welcome to it!

attachment.php?s=&postid=47636

Names for the Construction Worker guy

Isaac (or Ira) Beam. (Which would naturally be shortened to I. Beam.) :P

Hard Hat (this one's already been used, in Wild Cards)

The Welder (or Arc Welder, or just Arc)

High Steel

Workingman

Trojan (from 'working like a Trojan')

The Jobber

The Supervisor

The Laborer (or just Labor)

Union, or Union Man (if he's a member of a union, or trying to organize one)

Well, someone already beat me to a good story for the first one. I was going to suggest a nerdy supergenius who built this powered armor to get VIPER to stop bugging him. He put gobs and gobs of high-powered weapons all over the armor because... well, he's Hunted by VIPER, for cryin' out loud. ;)

As for the construction worker type, I like the story of a former supercriminal gone good, especially if it's thought through in reflection of the destruction of Detroit. Maybe he suddenly saw himself going in the same moral direction as Doctor Destroyer, and probably with the same eventual fate, and didn't like what he saw, and so decided to become a credit to society instead of a scourge.

As for a name, maybe he was known as Arc Welder when he was a villain, and now he could go by the name of The Builder. For a real name, try Ignatius Beam; it lends itself to the I. Beam moniker, plus Ignatius is something that a guy like him might want to abbreviate as just "I" (his friends just call him "Beam"), and Ignatius means "fiery" (or "ardent") so there you get a bit of synchronicity with his powers. :)

gee, now I feel guilty I didn't make a story for this one.

;)

As for why he'd use a code name, well, why not use his old villain name as a company name instead? If he's a contractor as well as builder, why NOT?

One thing I'd add, as both a reason to go straight, and to develop his background. Give him a (by now) young teenage daughter who has developed super powers of heat as well... perhaps ones she can't fully control (Think 'heat damage shield' that is on unless she concentrates VERY hard). She's attending Ravenswood, and I.Beam is making sure she is getting a good education there and beyond by working his hide off for her.

Recently however, she's begun to alarm him by hinting she thinks she'd LIKE to be a super hero when she gets enough control. While Ignatius has no beef with super heroes any more, he's not fond of the idea of his daughter risking her friggin neck.

Other situations in such a family might be fun as well...

"What's the hell is THAT?"

"What's what, daddy?"

"That... outfit!"

"Oh, my costume. It's what I plan to fight crime in?"

"Only if the your opponents are blind... go put a heat resistant jacket over that thing and get some pants that have more room than a second skin."

"DADDY!"

;)

Thanks for the ideas Hermit.

I did want to give him a company name that perhaps tied in with a code name. You can see on the sketch where I placed a spot for a logo. His company name would after all want to highlight his superpowered construction abilities. But, if he used a past villain name, that could adversley affect his company's new image. Unless his reformation was highly publicized. I also don't think that he was a notorious or evil villain - more like a criminal that people kind of liked. Like he was charismatic despite being on the wrong side of the law. Something to that effect. Then when he decided to change for good, people praised him even more.