(Silliness But Interesting Dep't) Build an Alarm Clock!

zornwil

Just a regular old alarm clock, in HERO terms!

Here's one silly build: Aid (STUN), 1/2d6 (Used Cusom Adder -5), Works Against stunned/lightly out (>-5?)/sleeping targets only (-1/2), Trigger (Set in Advance for a Specific Time, +1/4), OAF (-1), Must Be Able to Hear (used same value as Incantations though it's a slightly different version, -1/4), Explosion 1 DC/3" (to fill a room, +1), Side Effect (-0, piercing sound until reset, occurs every time, only affects environment near character), NND (hard ear coverings, +1), Continuous (+1).

Per HD, if you even buy this version, it's 21 AP, 7 real cost.

Re: (Silliness But Interesting Dep't) Build an Alarm Clock!

I didn't realize the build needed to be silly' date=' I thought that the concept of building an Alarm clock was silly.[/quote']

Nah, it doesn't have to be silly, I'm just egging anyone on for outlandish builds is all!

Not so silly build: Absolute Time Sense, OAF, 1 point. As part of the SFX it can make a noise at a predetermined time set by the user. If you really want to charge more for it, also buy Radio Perception, OAF for 4 more points (5 total) and you can now alternately set it to turn on the radio at a predetermined time instead of make a noise.

Silly Build: Lightsleep, Trigger, 1 Recoverable Charge.

OK, here goes:

Life support (doesn't need to sleep) 3 points

Variable trigger (settable time delay/snooze function) +1/2

Total 4 Active points

RSR (PER roll - fail the roll and sleep through it) -1/2

Focus (alarm clock, OAF) -1

Total 2 Real points

Similar to other builds but I'm pleased with the RSR innovation :)

Just a regular old alarm clock' date=' in HERO terms![/quote']

Two builds... first, the Clock Radio

57 Clock Radio: (Total: 115 Active Cost, 57 Real Cost) Minor Transform 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points) (Sleeping Target into Awake, Hitting Snooze Bar), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Alarm Clock; +3/4), Area Of Effect (7" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1) (85 Active Points); OAF (Clock Radio; -1) (Real Cost: 42) plus Radio Perception, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Alarm Clock; +3/4), Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1) (30 Active Points); OAF (Clock Radio; -1) (Real Cost: 15) 0
Next, just an old-fashioned alarm clock.

52 Alarm Clock: (Total: 115 Active Cost, 52 Real Cost) Minor Transform 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points) (Sleeping Target into Awake, Hitting Snooze Bar), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Alarm Clock; +3/4), Area Of Effect (7" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1) (85 Active Points); OAF (Alarm Clock; -1) (Real Cost: 42) plus Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +/-4 to PER Rolls, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; +3/4) (30 Active Points); OAF (Alarm Clock; -1), Set Effect (Loud, Annoying noise; -1) (Real Cost: 10) 3

Talk about extraneous costs!

I'd go another route: The Clock can't make you do anything./ You decided to react.

So, for a regualr clock, I'd give it

Images vs sound. (triggered)

and absolute Time Senses. If electric, I'd give it 0 end on the Images, but a limitation to reflect it must be plugged in. if it has a battery backup, a Hero ID only type limitation (occasionally the batteries run down). Wind Up clock--one continuing charge, lasts 1 day.

With radio--radio reception, Triggered. can be flashed as hearing or radio, extra time to change frequencies--modify the images vs sound to include playing the radio loudly in addition to making the alarm noise.

Clocks would normally be a fragile OAF.

Anything you do in reaction to the clock going off is up to you :)

Super Alarm Clock! Ignore at your own peril! (Not sure of points because I don't have my book ATM.)

Images: -4 to Per rolls (+4 actually, as per flashlight, etc.)

Delayed Effect

Set Effect: noise

0 End; Uncontrolled (plug in model: wind-up or batteries can be Recoverable Continuous Charge)

Breakable OAF

Independant

Major Side Effects:

Change Envrionment: Lots and lots of noise, -4 to hearing Per rolls

Explosion

+Drain: 1d6 Stun, Delayed return rate: 1 hour (headache)

Area of Effect: radius

Continuous

Extra Time: 5 minutes

+Drain: 1d6 Int, Delayed return rate: 1 hour (headache; hard to concentrate)

Continuous

+Psychological Limitation: Irritable due to headache (common, moderate)