AnotherSkip

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Black Lotus

Re: Rep Points

Oh, I have a question. My user control panel says I have "81 points" of reputation. I guess 100 points equals 1 green block, since my green meter still says "1".

It's confusing as hell.

Guest Black Lotus

I don't recall the details' date=' sorry, but, yes, it's something like 100 per 1, but you also get some added per posts, too.[/quote']

Yeah, I figured it had a bit to do with number of posts.

Still, some fellows with fewer posts than I have a Reputation of 3 or more... FIRST I was unpopular in SCHOOL, now HERE... :king:

Just what in the bloody blue blazes are these?

It is a private way to give public praise.

If you like what someone posted, click the little "Scales" icon and type a message of approval to them. You will give them points equal to your Rep points.

Every 100 rep points you receive, you get +1 Rep point to give. You also get them for post count (outside of the NGD boards)... something like 1 for ever 1000 posts or some such. Oh... and for every year on the boards.

This way, you can give lauds to someone without posting "Hey cool! I really like that!" and people get a little private pat on the back from fellow board members.

To see current Rep comments, just click your User CP.

(Don't worry, I was here for over two years before I had a clue this was going on.)

Shouldn't we be on a logarithmic type scale' date=' these being Hero boards, after all? For example, shouldn't the first 100 points give you one green, and every doubling thereafter give you another?[/quote']

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to prestidigitator again.

Personally, I'd prefer a d6 Rep for every 100 points or so. Then you could have "Make a Rep roll!" when you needed to get out of a sticky argument on the boards! :winkgrin:

Better yet... instead of giving flat points to people (in my case 24 points) you could end up giving them the result of say, 8d6 Rep roll. (1d6 per 300 points or so... for an average!) So, then you'd be looking to see if you received an above average Rep roll or below average.

How much fun would that be??!! :snicker:

I'm sure Ben will get right on this! Change those green boxes to d6 icons... establish a logarithm to calculate a "random" roll... some feedback, so you could see automatically how much Rep you gave... PIECE OF CAKE! :angel:

• 2 years later...