Marvel's Exiles: Hyperion Challenge--build a team to beat him!

megaplayboy

Having kept up recently in my reading on Marvel's Exiles book--short premise: marvel characters(usually heroes) from alternate universes brought together to "fix" broken realities--I noted with interest the return of the evil, and nigh-unstoppable Hyperion. The last time he was defeated was via trickery--Blink reflect-teleported his own "flash vision" into his spine, then Gambit charged up Magik's soulsword and blew him to bits.

Unfortunately, he somehow regenerated from all that, and is now threatening to conquer the multiverse. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to put together a team of Marvel characters to stop him. The relevant details:

1. This version of Hyperion is the ultimate evil Supes-clone; same basic powers, strength on par with the Hulk or Thor, invulnerable even to nukes(!), has flash vision capable of killing the hulk at close range, ruthless enough to snap Thor's neck, decent level of super speed, has super senses, can be momentarily shaken up by a Thing-level(or higher) physical attack; may or may not be vulnerable to mental powers. flaws: incredibly arrogant, betrays own allies, vulnerable to own flash vision.

2. Your team must have at least 6 members, no more than 12, and must be someone from mainstream or alternate Marvel continuity. They could be a villain, but please, no gimmicky "and he's got the Infinity Gauntlet" type of picks. Any hero who's appeared in a Marvel book is acceptable.

I'll post my choices after a while :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Marvel's Exiles: Hyperion Challenge--build a team to beat him!

Dream Team of Avengers/Defenders...

Captain America: Leader of the team

Dr Strange: Earth's Mystic Master, and general beatstick

Thor

Hulk: Proffesor Version (Brains of Banner, Brawn of Hulk)

Iron man

Hank Pym: Yellowjacket, yes Yellowjacket, fly in close and use his not so often used power to shink the guy to ant size

Silver Surfer

Cap will lead them to victory...

Then again I am of the beleif that Cap could lead 5 high school nerds into defeating galactus...

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to go with:

1) Silver Surfer

2) Dr. Strange (preferably sitting safely on another planet and using his powers through his mystic window)

3) Impossible Man

4) Professor Xavier (sitting next to Dr. Strange at least half a world away)

5) Adam Warlock with Soul Gem (hey, you just said no Infinity Gauntlet)

6) Phoenix

7) Exodus

8) Molecule Man

9) Thanos

10) Ultron (best variant)

11) Nefaria Supreme

12) Spider-Man (so someone can crack jokes through the whole fight)

That ought to be sufficient... if nothing else, #8 on the list should be able to pretty much render evil-Hyperion down into subatomic particles with a thought.

Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, and Punisher.

what?

Seriously,

Phoenix

Michael (nee Korvac)

Silver Surfer

Impossible Man

Molecule Man

Dr. Strange

Professor X

Reed Richards

Captain America

Cap's there so that the others will listen to someone (Thanks, JmOz). Somebody has to coordinate these Uber-Gods.

Keith "Alternatively, Ambush bug could just deflate him, but that's DC" Curtis

Pshaw. For my "team" I'll take anyone, but written by Chris Clairemont. After the women are all mind controlled and manage to break free while the men aren't doing much of anything, someone will figure out how to use their powers to create a microsingularity or the focused totality of their psionic potential and take Hyperion out in an anticlimactic one-shot.

And then I'll giggle, because I read DC now, anyway. :P

I think this is a situation where a group that can function as a team will be more effective than a (perhaps more powerful) group of all stars. Fortunately, Marvel has a team that fills all the needs...

Captain America

Hank Pym (for the same reason as JimOz picked him)

Photon (the former Captain Marvel)

Hercules

Quasar ("I'm not a Green Lantern clone! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!!!!")

Thor

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye (for the dialogue if nothing else)

Quasar protects the Scarlet Witch. Everybody else keeps Hyperion entertained until Wanda cooks up a suitable hex. (there's a reason why Ultron tries to take her out first)

1. Mister Fantastic

2. Invisible Woman

3. Human Torch

4. The Thing

5. The Mighty Thor

6. The Invincible Iron Man

7. Captain America

8. Henry Pym

9. The Wasp

10. The Vision

11. Scarlet Witch

12. Black Bolt... why not?

Cap will lead them to victory...

Then again I am of the beleif that Cap could lead 5 high school nerds into defeating galactus...

That's basically what Korvac said as I recall.

From what I've seen in the comic, this version of Hypes basically fights the way Supes would if he were a ruthless bastard. So the squishy type heroes will die pretty quickly, if he's not otherwise occupied.

Just bringing that point up.

bump ;)

Well' date=' if Franklin was on the team, maybe :)[/quote']Could someone explain to me where/when/how Franklin Richards turned from a normal (if intelligent) 5 year old into some comicbook monster that people only alude to in passing?

WTF does he do that is so bad azz and why?

TB

Could someone explain to me where/when/how Franklin Richards turned from a normal (if intelligent) 5 year old into some comicbook monster that people only alude to in passing?

TB

Long established continuity that he has vast reality-altering powers that could wipe out the solar system, and a set of psionic dampeners that generally keep him from using them.

On at least 3 occasions, little Franklin has used those powers to smite some mighty villains: a giant-size ultron which had trashed the inhumans and a bunch of heroes; Mephisto(who had been tormenting his parents until Franklin made him "go away"); and, IIRC, Molecule Man.

The less said about "Psi Lord" the better, imho.

I've been watching too much children's TV with my daughter.

My first thought was, "Well, if you really think a talking turtle will help..."

Talking turtles rule. :)

Also, the Legion of Superpets would crush Hyperion in a few seconds at most. Heck, any one of the LoSP except maybe Proty would kick Hyperion's arse.

Could someone explain to me where/when/how Franklin Richards turned from a normal (if intelligent) 5 year old into some comicbook monster that people only alude to in passing?

TB

Because when he was very young and Mephisto was hurting 'Mommy and Daddy', he simply thought/wished away 'the bad man' who is marvel's example of the biblical devil.

That bad azz enough for ya?

:)

The Brains:

1.) Reed Richards-

2.) The Batman clone from hyperion's reality- for insight

The Distractions:

3.) The impossible man- to drive hyperion nuts till the plan is ready

4.) Alternate version of Hyperion, not a blind one, to match his power level

The Main team:

5.) Phoenix, more evil the better

6.) The Molecule Man

If that doesn't work call in the Celestials and try again

Because when he was very young and Mephisto was hurting 'Mommy and Daddy', he simply thought/wished away 'the bad man' who is marvel's example of the biblical devil.

That bad azz enough for ya?

:)

What I want is an explanation, because as it stands now all you've done is given an example where Franklin used this power. Where does he get it? Is it explored in more detail? Why is he just a normal kid now (with no reference to his power, and I've been reading FF for 2 years now, and MK 4 and UFF since they started)

TB

PS: (My list for the team)

1. Cap

2. Thanos

3. Silver Surfer

4. Prof. Hulk

5. Dr. Strange

6. Prof. X

7. Thor

8. Mr. Fantastic

9. Invisible Woman

10. Human Torch

11. Thing

12. Spiderman

The Beyonder level Molecule Man could have done it on his own without effort.

Haven't read Marvel in about 15 years give-or-take, so I'm not up on who their current tough guys are.

What I want is an explanation, because as it stands now all you've done is given an example where Franklin used this power. Where does he get it? Is it explored in more detail? Why is he just a normal kid now (with no reference to his power, and I've been reading FF for 2 years now, and MK 4 and UFF since they started)

TB

PS: (My list for the team)

1. Cap

2. Thanos

3. Silver Surfer

4. Prof. Hulk

5. Dr. Strange

6. Prof. X

7. Thor

8. Mr. Fantastic

9. Invisible Woman

10. Human Torch

11. Thing

12. Spiderman

It's the Marvel mutated offspring rule:

any offspring of two main line heroes will be dramatically more powerful than either of their parents. Both of Franklin's parents were infused with cosmic rays before he was conceived, so somehow that means he has this big time potential. Basically, him, Rachel Summers, Cable, and Nate Gray are all more powerful than their parents.

It's the Marvel mutated offspring rule:

any offspring of two main line heroes will be dramatically more powerful than either of their parents. Both of Franklin's parents were infused with cosmic rays before he was conceived, so somehow that means he has this big time potential. Basically, him, Rachel Summers, Cable, and Nate Gray are all more powerful than their parents.

It would be funnier if they went the Inferior Five route. ;)