Scooby Doo

Agent X

Re: Scooby Doo

My son is watching Scooby Doo. I just learned that Fred can bench 220 pounds. Has anyone statted out Scooby Doo and Mystery, Inc.?

What do you know about Scooby Doo and the Gang that would help in statting them out?

Is this an episode of the newest series? I don't recall anything like that ever being said in the "original" series, and I never cared for the various ones in between then & now.

There was a popular series of GenCon adventures that pitted the cast of Scooby-Doo against the Cthulhu Mythos. It was apparently very weird.

You could do some interesting things with Mysteries Inc.'s place in the world. How a group of college-age vagabonds has such good realtions with the polcie wherever they go is an interesting question. A lot fo people speculate about how they pay their bills -- I'm told the real answer is that Daphne has a rich father who supplies them with money.

But what would really be interesting is how four people who really had nothing in common previously became traveling detectives together. How did they meet? What was their first investigation like?

I just learned that Fred can bench 220 pounds.

That just means he has a 10 STR. :) Much less than I statted him for...

Here are the stats I use for my GenCon games.

--

Fred Jones

Val Char Cost Notes

15 STR 5 200kg; 3d6

14 DEX 12 OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

11 EGO 2 ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 PRE Attack 3d6

14 COM 2

5 PD 2 Total: 5/0r

5 ED 2 Total: 5/0r

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

25 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 42 + Powers: 33 = Total: 75

Base: 50 + Disads: 25 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Criminology 11-

3 Deduction 11-

3 Inventor 11-

3 Mechanics 11-

3 Navigation 11-

3 Oratory 12-

3 Paramedic 11-

3 Security Systems 11-

3 Survival 11-

3 Tactics 11-

50+ Disadvantages: 50+

10 Psych Limit: Loves Daphne (Common, Moderate)

10 Psych Limit: Overconfident (Common, Moderate)

5 Unluck: 1d6, Traps Never Work

Outfit: White shirt, blue bell bottoms, and a red scarf

Hair: Blonde

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185 lbs

Background: In addition to his superior sleuthing, Fred ranks as an amateur inventor. His zany creations help defeat Mystery Inc.'s adversaries. His famous monster traps are ingenious, yet almost always backfire. Even without inventions, Fred pieces together the solution to a case with common sense and clear-headed thinking. He and Velma seem to be the only ones who know what's going on, and usually put their clues together and determine the culprit. In the search for information, he is often paired with Daphne, while Velma is teamed with Shaggy and Scooby. Mayhem and chaos often ensue, but Fred takes charge and leads the gang from one hilarious adventure to another. Fred always had something to say, but is rarely humorous. Definitely the straight man of the group.

Quotes: "Let's split up gang.â€

“Maybe we can help them solve this mystery.â€

“Not so fast, you two.â€

Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang are © Hanna Barbera and/or the Cartoon Network.

--

Daphne Blake

Val Char Cost Notes

8 STR -2 80kg; 1½d6

13 DEX 9 OCV: 4/DCV: 4

9 CON -2

9 BODY -2

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

10 EGO 0 ECV: 3

13 PRE 3 PRE Attack 2½d6

18 COM 4

4 PD 2 Total: 4/0r

4 ED 2 Total: 4/0r

3 SPD 7 Phases: 4, 8, 12

4 REC 0

18 END 0

18 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 21 + Powers: 54 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Acting 12-

3 Bureacratics 12-

3 Cheerleading 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Dancing 12-

3 Fashion 12-

3 Finance 11-

3 High Society 12-

3 Lockpicking 16- (1 Charge, OAF: Bobby Pin)

5 Luck, 1d6 (Danger never seems to hurt her)

3 Perfect Pitch

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Trading 12-

10 Wealth

10 Psych Limit: Loves Fred (Common, Moderate)

5 Psych Limit: Superstitious (Uncommon, Moderate)

10 Unluck: 2d6, Danger-Prone

Outfit: Purple outfit with green scarf and purple head band

Hair: Red

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 125 lbs

Bio: 16-year-old teen beauty Daphne bubbles with a resilient spirit. Radiating the image of a fashion plate, she is curious to venture into the unknown, and she hopes to become a mystery writer. Her father's wealth allows Mystery Inc. the privilege of using the Mystery Machine, boats, wireless radios, and other devices. Daphne's greatest drawback lies in her danger-prone nature. She is truly trouble's target. Mostly, she just stands around and looks pretty. Every once in a while, she stumbles upon a trap door, or gets kidnapped by a ghost. She is also especially good at messing up Fred's ghost traps.

Quotes: “Jeepers!â€

“Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?â€

“This place gives me goosebumps!â€

Scooby Doo and the rest of the gang are © Hanna Barbera and/or the Cartoon Network.

--

Velma Dinkley

Val Char Cost Notes

9 STR -1 90kg; 1½d6

12 DEX 6 OCV: 4/DCV: 4

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

15 INT 5 PER Roll 12

13 PRE 3 PRE Attack 2½d6

10 COM 0

3 SPD 8 Phases: 4, 8, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 25 + Powers: 50 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Computers 12-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Electronics 11-

3 Forensics 12-

2 KS: Legends 11-

2 KS: Occult 11-

10 Lang: Chinese, Hebrew, Hieroglyphics, Latin, Spanish

3 Linguist

3 Scientist

8 Sci: Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, History, Psychology 11-

3 Streetwise 12-

3 System Operation 12-

5 DF: Nerd Girl (Easily Concealable)

10 Physical Lim: Nearsighted (Infrequent, Great)

10 Psych Limit: Curious (Common, Moderate)

Outfit: Orange turtleneck and thick glasses

Hair: Dark brown

Height: 4'9''

Weight: 110 lbs

Bio: The youngest member of the group, Velma projects a plain, tomboy-type androgynous presence which belies the sophisticated infrastructure of her mind. Velma's brain functions like a computer, programmed to provide scientific and logical solutions to complex mysteries. Her perky, inquisitive demeanor always has her doggedly pursuing the details of the next mystery.

Her IQ is higher than the rest of the gang's combined. Behind those spectacles lie the eyes of a Hawk. She can spot a clue from a mile away. She can read Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Chinese, Latin, and more, and knows how to use tracking devices and other electronic gadgets. If it wasn't for Velma, the group would have been broke. While Fred was the definite leader of the group, Velma was definitely the key component of Mystery, Inc.

Quotes: “Jinkies!â€

“My glasses, I can't see without my glasses.â€

“I think I'm finally beginning to understand this mystery.â€

--

Norville “Shaggy†Rogers

Val Char Cost Notes

10 STR 0 100kg; 2d6

15 DEX 15 OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

10 PRE 0 PRE Attack 2d6

10 COM 0

4 ED 1 Total: 4/0r

3 SPD 5 Phases: 4, 8, 12

5 REC 0

26 END 0

22 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 29 + Powers: 41 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Animal Handling: Dogs 11-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Contortionist 12-

3 Disguise 11-

2 Immunity: Indigestion

5 Instant Change, Any Costume, 1 Charges, Usable by Self and One Other

5 Luck, 1d6 (always chased but never caught)

1 Mimicry 8-

6 Running +3" (9" Total)

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Ventriloquism 11-

10 Physical Limit: Hungry (Common, Moderate)

10 Psych Limit: Coward (Common, Moderate)

5 Unluck: 1d6, Always Chased by Monster

Outfit: Green T-shirt and brown bellbottoms

Hair: Brown, with some scruff on his chin

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 160 lbs

Bio: Shaggy’s furry mane gives him his colorful name. A lank clown with a ragged t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, he is almost a human version of Scooby, since he quivers at the sound of his own squeaking shoes. Perpetually hungry, he would rather dive into a smorgasbord than a new mystery. He sports a soup spoon in his rear pocket as a symbol of his continuing appetite, and often finds himself competing with Scooby for any available cuisine. He's grooviest, doobiest guy in cartoon history. Shaggy provides comic relief for attention deficit children by running from ghosts, screaming, running, dressing up in costumes, and eating huge amounts of food. There have been suggestions that Shaggy was heavy into the drug scene, but these are only rumors. No one knows for sure.

Special Talents: Eating ten times his weight in pizza; stumbling into clues; member of his high school track team; can throw his voice; excellent bait for ghosts

Quotes: “Zoinks!â€

“How about a snack, Scoob?â€

“Scooby Doo, where are you?â€

--

Scooby Doo

Val Char Cost Notes

10 STR 0 100kg; 2d6

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 13

10 PRE 0 PRE Attack 2d6

10 COM 0

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 24 + Powers: 51 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Concealment 11-

3 Disguise 11-

6 Enhanced Smell and Hearing, +2 PER

2 Lang: English (w/ Accent)

5 Luck, 1d6

1 Mimicry 8-

6 Running +3" (9" Total)

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 11-

3 Tracking 11-

10 Tracking Discriminatory Scent, RASR Tracking

5 DF: Talking Great Dane (Easily Concealable)

10 Psych Limit: Loves Scooby Snacks (Uncommon, Strong)

Species: Great Dane

Outfit: Blue collar with gold diamond with initials SD in the center

Hair: Brown with black spots

Height: 12 paws high

Weight: 70 lbs

Favorite Food: Scooby Snacks

Bio: A huge, lumbering Great Dane, Scooby-Doo typically cowers with fright as the mascot of Mystery Inc. The loveable, but chickenhearted, Scooby must be coaxed into scary situations with the promise of a Scooby Snack. Though afraid of monsters, ghouls, witches, ghosts, and his own shadow, Scooby finesses his way through mysteries as an accomplished thespian. Scooby and his best friend, Shaggy, consume mass quantities of food, ranging from mango milkshakes to pepperoni pizzas. Somehow, Scooby learned to speak...well, not all that well, but he is understandable (at least to Shaggy). He and Astro of the Jetsons must have learned to speak at the same time. Scooby saves the gang on almost every show, while also serving up tons of hijinks that make the show. He is the ultimate in cartoon dogs.

Quotes: “Rooby-Dooby-Doo!â€

“Rooby rack.â€

“Relp!â€

Guest cool babe

personaly i dont like scobby doo hes stupid and i dont care what yall say but have always and still and will allways hate scobby doo got it yall i hate it FOREVER!!! :mad:

Guest cool babe

haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personaly i dont like scobby doo hes stupid and i dont care what yall say but have always and still and will allways hate scobby doo got it yall i hate it FOREVER!!! :mad:

Ever considerd using more formal lanuage when you post? That way you would not look so insecure every time you write something. I also recommend a more gender neutral screen name. If you adopt a more formal tone and have such a nick then you would be less easy to spot something that is important at your age.

And welcome to the boards, again.

Anybody here beside me old enough to remember The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis? Velma always reminded me of Zelda Gilroy, and Shaggy of Maynard G. Krebs. Following this Scooby Doo would have been Dobie himself, Fred, Milton Armitage, and Daphne, Thalia Menninger.

Not to nitpick, but... Isn't Scooby's full name "Scoobius Doo" or some wierd spelling? And wouldn't he have the Disadvantage: Speech Impediment? (Not that he was hard to hear, but he doesn't speak that much for a reason.)

And for kicks, what about the other two members of the Doo Clan that's semi-frequent enough for a writeup--Scrappy Doo and Doobie(?) Doo?

Here are the stats I use for my GenCon games.

--

Fred Jones

Val Char Cost Notes

15 STR 5 200kg; 3d6

14 DEX 12 OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

11 EGO 2 ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 PRE Attack 3d6

14 COM 2

5 PD 2 Total: 5/0r

5 ED 2 Total: 5/0r

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

25 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 42 + Powers: 33 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Criminology 11-

3 Deduction 11-

3 Inventor 11-

3 Mechanics 11-

3 Navigation 11-

3 Oratory 12-

3 Paramedic 11-

3 Security Systems 11-

3 Survival 11-

3 Tactics 11-

10 Psych Limit: Loves Daphne (Common, Moderate)

10 Psych Limit: Overconfident (Common, Moderate)

5 Unluck: 1d6, Traps Never Work

Outfit: White shirt, blue bell bottoms, and a red scarf

Hair: Blonde

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185 lbs

Background: In addition to his superior sleuthing, Fred ranks as an amateur inventor. His zany creations help defeat Mystery Inc.'s adversaries. His famous monster traps are ingenious, yet almost always backfire. Even without inventions, Fred pieces together the solution to a case with common sense and clear-headed thinking. He and Velma seem to be the only ones who know what's going on, and usually put their clues together and determine the culprit. In the search for information, he is often paired with Daphne, while Velma is teamed with Shaggy and Scooby. Mayhem and chaos often ensue, but Fred takes charge and leads the gang from one hilarious adventure to another. Fred always had something to say, but is rarely humorous. Definitely the straight man of the group.

Quotes: "Let's split up gang.â€

“Maybe we can help them solve this mystery.â€

“Not so fast, you two.â€

--

Daphne Blake

Val Char Cost Notes

8 STR -2 80kg; 1½d6

13 DEX 9 OCV: 4/DCV: 4

9 CON -2

9 BODY -2

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

13 PRE 3 PRE Attack 2½d6

18 COM 4

3 SPD 7 Phases: 4, 8, 12

4 REC 0

18 END 0

18 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 21 + Powers: 54 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Acting 12-

3 Bureacratics 12-

3 Cheerleading 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Dancing 12-

3 Fashion 12-

3 Finance 11-

3 High Society 12-

3 Lockpicking 16- (1 Charge, OAF: Bobby Pin)

5 Luck, 1d6 (Danger never seems to hurt her)

3 Perfect Pitch

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Trading 12-

10 Wealth

10 Psych Limit: Loves Fred (Common, Moderate)

5 Psych Limit: Superstitious (Uncommon, Moderate)

10 Unluck: 2d6, Danger-Prone

Outfit: Purple outfit with green scarf and purple head band

Hair: Red

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 125 lbs

Bio: 16-year-old teen beauty Daphne bubbles with a resilient spirit. Radiating the image of a fashion plate, she is curious to venture into the unknown, and she hopes to become a mystery writer. Her father's wealth allows Mystery Inc. the privilege of using the Mystery Machine, boats, wireless radios, and other devices. Daphne's greatest drawback lies in her danger-prone nature. She is truly trouble's target. Mostly, she just stands around and looks pretty. Every once in a while, she stumbles upon a trap door, or gets kidnapped by a ghost. She is also especially good at messing up Fred's ghost traps.

Quotes: “Jeepers!â€

“Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?â€

“This place gives me goosebumps!â€

--

Velma Dinkley

Val Char Cost Notes

9 STR -1 90kg; 1½d6

12 DEX 6 OCV: 4/DCV: 4

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

15 INT 5 PER Roll 12

13 PRE 3 PRE Attack 2½d6

10 COM 0

3 SPD 8 Phases: 4, 8, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 25 + Powers: 50 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Computers 12-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Electronics 11-

3 Forensics 12-

2 KS: Legends 11-

2 KS: Occult 11-

10 Lang: Chinese, Hebrew, Hieroglyphics, Latin, Spanish

3 Linguist

3 Scientist

8 Sci: Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, History, Psychology 11-

3 Streetwise 12-

3 System Operation 12-

5 DF: Nerd Girl (Easily Concealable)

10 Physical Lim: Nearsighted (Infrequent, Great)

10 Psych Limit: Curious (Common, Moderate)

Outfit: Orange turtleneck and thick glasses

Hair: Dark brown

Height: 4'9''

Weight: 110 lbs

Bio: The youngest member of the group, Velma projects a plain, tomboy-type androgynous presence which belies the sophisticated infrastructure of her mind. Velma's brain functions like a computer, programmed to provide scientific and logical solutions to complex mysteries. Her perky, inquisitive demeanor always has her doggedly pursuing the details of the next mystery.

Her IQ is higher than the rest of the gang's combined. Behind those spectacles lie the eyes of a Hawk. She can spot a clue from a mile away. She can read Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Chinese, Latin, and more, and knows how to use tracking devices and other electronic gadgets. If it wasn't for Velma, the group would have been broke. While Fred was the definite leader of the group, Velma was definitely the key component of Mystery, Inc.

Quotes: “Jinkies!â€

“My glasses, I can't see without my glasses.â€

“I think I'm finally beginning to understand this mystery.â€

--

Norville “Shaggy†Rogers

Val Char Cost Notes

10 STR 0 100kg; 2d6

13 CON 6

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 11

10 PRE 0 PRE Attack 2d6

10 COM 0

4 ED 1 Total: 4/0r

5 REC 0

26 END 0

22 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 29 + Powers: 41 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Animal Handling: Dogs 11-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Contortionist 12-

3 Disguise 11-

2 Immunity: Indigestion

5 Luck, 1d6 (always chased but never caught)

1 Mimicry 8-

6 Running +3" (9" Total)

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Ventriloquism 11-

10 Physical Limit: Hungry (Common, Moderate)

5 Unluck: 1d6, Always Chased by Monster

Outfit: Green T-shirt and brown bellbottoms

Hair: Brown, with some scruff on his chin

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 160 lbs

Bio: Shaggy’s furry mane gives him his colorful name. A lank clown with a ragged t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, he is almost a human version of Scooby, since he quivers at the sound of his own squeaking shoes. Perpetually hungry, he would rather dive into a smorgasbord than a new mystery. He sports a soup spoon in his rear pocket as a symbol of his continuing appetite, and often finds himself competing with Scooby for any available cuisine. He's grooviest, doobiest guy in cartoon history. Shaggy provides comic relief for attention deficit children by running from ghosts, screaming, running, dressing up in costumes, and eating huge amounts of food. There have been suggestions that Shaggy was heavy into the drug scene, but these are only rumors. No one knows for sure.

Special Talents: Eating ten times his weight in pizza; stumbling into clues; member of his high school track team; can throw his voice; excellent bait for ghosts

Quotes: “Zoinks!â€

“How about a snack, Scoob?â€

“Scooby Doo, where are you?â€

--

Scooby Doo

Val Char Cost Notes

10 STR 0 100kg; 2d6

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0 PER Roll 13

10 PRE 0 PRE Attack 2d6

10 COM 0

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Cost:

Char: 24 + Powers: 51 = Total: 75

Cost Skills:

3 Concealment 11-

3 Disguise 11-

6 Enhanced Smell and Hearing, +2 PER

2 Lang: English (w/ Accent)

5 Luck, 1d6

1 Mimicry 8-

6 Running +3" (9" Total)

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 11-

3 Tracking 11-

10 Tracking Discriminatory Scent, RASR Tracking

5 DF: Talking Great Dane (Easily Concealable)

10 Psych Limit: Loves Scooby Snacks (Uncommon, Strong)

Species: Great Dane

Outfit: Blue collar with gold diamond with initials SD in the center

Hair: Brown with black spots

Height: 12 paws high

Weight: 70 lbs

Favorite Food: Scooby Snacks

Bio: A huge, lumbering Great Dane, Scooby-Doo typically cowers with fright as the mascot of Mystery Inc. The loveable, but chickenhearted, Scooby must be coaxed into scary situations with the promise of a Scooby Snack. Though afraid of monsters, ghouls, witches, ghosts, and his own shadow, Scooby finesses his way through mysteries as an accomplished thespian. Scooby and his best friend, Shaggy, consume mass quantities of food, ranging from mango milkshakes to pepperoni pizzas. Somehow, Scooby learned to speak...well, not all that well, but he is understandable (at least to Shaggy). He and Astro of the Jetsons must have learned to speak at the same time. Scooby saves the gang on almost every show, while also serving up tons of hijinks that make the show. He is the ultimate in cartoon dogs.

Quotes: “Rooby-Dooby-Doo!â€

“Rooby rack.â€

“Relp!â€

Cool stuff. :bounce:

December 12th, 2003

May 28th, 2005

What a difference a year and a half makes.

What, pray tell, is wrong with you?

I complained about a particular movie they made for Scooby Doo. My son won't be watching that.

No difference. If you have a problem with me just come out and say it. Don't make up crap.

And keep it in the NGD please.

Actually, your strength is probably spot on. Remember, STR is how much you can barely shift, not how much you can press. 15 is pretty believable. And certainly playable.

Keith "Haunted Amuesment Park Owner" Curtis