Beyond Conquerers, Killers, and Crooks: Your favorite villains?

Hermit

CKC is a fine book, with a good mix of classics from previous editions, and new attempts. However, by now, it is "old news" (they grow up so fast...sniff) and several other supplements for Champions 5th Ed have come out. Indeed, some others have been around for a while as well (Millennium City, Champions: Genre, Champions Universe etc). These also have a lot of villains, some of which don't always get talked about.

VIPER:Coils of the Serpent has a plethora of them in the dragon branch, Arcane Adverseries has its baddies (as do other mystical books). Interface has been introduced in one supplement, and COIL is alive and well in another. And so it goes.

So, since it has been awhile since the "Who are your favorite villains of 5th ED CU" thread, I thought I'd bring it up again, with the qualifier of excluding the ones in the CKC.

Which ones do you like best, and why? and, for you GMs, which ones are working best for you in your campaigns?

Re: Beyond Conquerers, Killers, and Crooks: Your favorite villains?

Foxbat' date=' has to be Foxbat. Loony, did I mention that he is a loon, a somewhat lovable loon (at least in my game), but still a loon.[/quote']

Well, since Foxbat is in CKC, he doesn't belong on this thread... but then, that's the sort of rule Foxbat would ignore anyways ;)

As far as newer villains, I like The Skunk Ape and Minimax from Vibora Bay; Luthor black, the Black Shephard, and the Coin Collector from DEMON; Tezcatlipoca from Arcane Adversaries; Freon, Oculan, and Sidewinder from VIPER; and the Card Sharks from Hudson City.

Well' date=' since Foxbat is in CKC, he doesn't belong on this thread... but then, that's the sort of rule Foxbat would ignore anyways ;)[/quote']

Thanks you made the point very well, when you are a loon, rules are "fluid" or non-existent. :rockon::rockon:

Ripper, Oculon and Sidewinder are great fun to throw at PC's who take VIPER lightly. Mechanon is a great master villain. I just got Arcane Adversaries so I haven't had a chance to run any of the villains yet but Lamplighter has great potential. I love behind-the-scenes manipulator type villains and he looks to be no slouch in combat ability either. Doctor Teneber looks cool as well.

Sovereign

Rob

Okay, I'm missing something. Who is Sovereign and what book is he in?

And as far as a few of my faves -- Tezcatlipoca, Ripper, the Sylvestris, Evil Eye, Frag (and any of the other Zodiac Working kids)... can't think of anyone else right now.

Okay, I'm missing something. Who is Sovereign and what book is he in?

And as far as a few of my faves -- Tezcatlipoca, Ripper, the Sylvestris, Evil Eye, Frag (and any of the other Zodiac Working kids)... can't think of anyone else right now.

He's in Galactic Champions. :)

Well...aside from CKC's Foxbat, who's currently trying to join our team, and the ever-humourously-greedy GRAB (also of CKC fame)... I'd have to say the COIL crew is the most fun CU but non-CKC villains we've had thrown at us. Boomslang pretty much rocks, and Gorgon is just tons of fun....literally.

My HERO purchases have been limited for the last year, I'm hoping to catch up soon. However I still have some ideas to through out

1> "Cameo" character I'm most looking forward to seeing a writeup of: forget his name, but the 'mental illusion' guy in the UNTIL Super Powers Database.

2> Fourth Edition character/group I'd most like to see in 5th Edition: CLOWN, or at least Merry Andrew

3> Fourth Edition character/group that I'd like to see that has more than a cat's chance at a dog show of actually appearing in 5th Edition: Leaper, from Champions of the North. Foxbat with more of a gadgeteer bent, slightly less looney but just as funny.

4> 5th edition character outside CKC I've had the most fun with: Disgustingly Powerful Ninja, from "Ninja HERO". Except I added enough 'combat luck' to meet campaign standards, and gave him duplication. 'Nuff said.

5> 5th Edition rewrite outside of CKC I'm most disappointed with: Oculon. Hey, I *liked* the whiney twerp characterization; he was my own personal Cyclops parody :rolleyes:

I suppose I should name some of mine, though they’ve already been mentioned by others here.

Teleios- A great villain partially because he doesn’t really care if he takes over the world or not as long as he gets to experiment with the creatures living on it. He’s an arrogant misogynist with no redeeming features beyond, perhaps, his genius. As a GM, I have to say EVERY player hates this guy… but in a good way mostly ;)

Mechanon Because Ultron homages are cool, and his upgrade in 3000 is neat.

Ripper Because Grond shouldn’t be the only brick that has players going “ah crud…†;)

Tezcatlipoca A blood hungry deity with a sense of manifest destiny is just spooky. Seriously, this guy begats more villains, and that is always a plus in my GMing little hands.

Luthor Black Is the living (for now) definition of a forward thinking man. Truly a master among masterminds with a baaaad organization behind him. I just hope I have the patience and pacing to use him properly for my campaign.

Hazzard I don’t know why I like him, probably because I’ve never had to face him as a PC. I think in away it is the fact that despite some common things like the Mercenery Code, he just seems different enough from Mechassasin and others that I am not jaded about him.

Virtuoso Wait, that one’s mine… probably doesn’t count. Pooh ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The Devil's Advocates

Dr. Teneber

The Engineer [the half-human, half-Mechanon chick in Villainy Amok]

Mother Gottel (sp?)

The Sylvestris

The Vandaleurs

(sadly, the only books I have are Hero 5th Ed., CKC, Arcane Adversaries, and Villainy Amok, so I don't have as much to choose from)

Tezcatlipoca, I love everything about this character except tht we've never seen Storn's pic in color.

Mechanon 3000, now thats an upgrade, the thought of Mechanon surviving till the next millenium and achieving that kind of apotheosis...its just too cool, this is the sort of specific detail that makes the Heroverse more than another generic copy of the Marvel universe.

Ripper,for when you want the players to cringe.

Teleios, evil hero clones and gene spliced monstrocities work for me.