Alternate Marverlverses

Sketchpad

Not sure if anyone posted this, but it looks like Marvel's producing a Handbook to the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005 this fall! Look for coverage of Spider Ham, MC2, New Universe, Squadron Supreme and some other universes. This is the one I've been waiting for ... great for write-up potential ;)

For a teaser, this is the cover image that they were showing.

Re: Alternate Marverlverses

When I saw the title I immediately thought of a fanfic series people keep doing with various anime characters inserted into an alternative Marvel Universe.

It's pretty weird. Akane Tendo (Miss Uncute Nerima) gets to be the alter ego for Thor in that one (only an anime fan would get the in-joke), Dr. Doom is overthrown as dictator of Latveria by Chii (I knew CLAMP was going to conquer the comics universe, but this was not the way I had in mind for them to do it), etc. The weirdest stories are the ones in which Ami Mizuno (aka Sailor Mercury) is the one who got bitten by the radioactive spider.

Some people have too much on their hands, or should try roleplaying games.

I like the version of the Defenders in that world, with Dr. Strange and the Sub-Mariner having UST (unresolved sexual tension) because Doc won't let go of an unrequited crush on Thor. Meanwhile, Son of Satan has become the apex of a love triangle with the other two points being Hellcat and the herald of Galactus. Great stuff.

I'm just happy to see the Neil Gaiman Daredvil-minstral' date=' meaning that "1602" will be represented. I loved that series. I want sequels![/quote']

There's 1602: The New World coming up in a few months ... unfortunately, the creative team's different

Will they discuss the paralell universe where the Clone Saga' date=' Avengers Disassembled, and the whole X-thing never happened? Or am I asking for too much?[/quote']

Riiiight. Warbird wakes up in Avengers Mansion one morning to find Hawkeye in the shower. It was all just a dream, you see...

Riiiight. Warbird wakes up in Avengers Mansion one morning to find Hawkeye in the shower. It was all just a dream' date=' you see...[/quote']

Does that mean that Larry Hagman's playing Hawkeye? Or is he Magneto? I'm so confused ;)