I want my UNTIL DB!

Blue

First, as Mono mentions, it hasn't even printed yet, so I'm positive no one's seen it. The finals arrived at the printer yesterday, so we're waiting on word as to when it'll print and ship.

Second, you can find the link to the cover in my April 18 news update. I was kind of surprised no one commented on it, since it's a damn cool piece of art.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Second, you can find the link to the cover in my April 18 news update. I was kind of surprised no one commented on it, since it's a damn cool piece of art.

Yes, it is, but the cheif thought that came to mind was "Creepy." :)

First, as Mono mentions, it hasn't even printed yet, so I'm positive no one's seen it. The finals arrived at the printer yesterday, so we're waiting on word as to when it'll print and ship.

Thanks!

Yeh, I wrote this message a couple of days ago, but I saw Steve's message in Today's Update. I'll just keep thumbing through MC and looking forlorn until then. ;)

Originally posted by Hermit

Haven't seen it yet. Spooky cover though, I never thought I'd feel that sorry for Grond.

:(

Oh, don't worry about Grond.

Once they finish covering his bones with Adamantium, his healing factor will kick in and he will be fine.

Gronderine Lives!:)

KA

Someone less lazy than me can do the search, but I remember some sort of comment made in one of the forums. I didn't comment, but I did like it.

Printing Lingo

Back on 4-25 you mentioned it was off to the printer, and on 5-2 you reviewed the blue lines and got it back to the printer. I am curious about the steps a product takes to hit the shelves. Why the second pass to the printer? What are the "blue lines"? It looks like a great book, I can't wait!

Thanks

Back on 4-25 you mentioned it was off to the printer, and on 5-2 you reviewed the blue lines and got it back to the printer. I am curious about the steps a product takes to hit the shelves. Why the second pass to the printer? What are the "blue lines"?

First, we send our finalized manuscript in PDF to the printer (or sometimes in InDesign directly; some printers use that).

Next, the printer prepares "bluelines" -- printouts showing how the book looks when it goes through their process. They send us these bluelines so we can review them to make sure there are no errors we need to correct, that the art all looks right, and so on. They're called "bluelines" because they're usually printed in blue-toned ink to differentiate them from an actual book. (They have this sort of odd smell, too.)

Third, after we review the bluelines we "sign off" on them, and send them back with a new PDF file that corrects any errors or omissions we found. At this stage we also add in any pieces of art that were late arriving at the Hero offices.

If there were substantial changes to a blueline, we'd get another one from the printer and go over it again. But we've never had to do that... so far. ;)

With the finalized bluelines and file in hand, the printer prints the book. Ta-daaa! ;)

Can't wait for this one. With a group of players that don't have the background in the system to see the versatility of it a book like this is going to really help show them what CAN be done and examples of how. This could be one of the best books on the schedule when it comes to getting new players into the game.