What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Let's see... The flight home from GenCon was full of

Bitter:Sweet [song - Dirty Laundry; the singer has got such a dirty schoolgirl voice. add in a lot of brass and it plays out like an old Bond song.],

The Editors [they did an acoustic of Feel Good Inc. but their song "An End Has a Start" is a great listen]

Vitamin String Quartet - anything that they cover comes out awesome. I'm especially a fan of their version of "Back in Black"

O+S - Lonely Ghosts

And a bunch more, but that's good for now.

Personal Jesus - the Johnny Cash cover' date=' not the Depeche Mode original.[/quote']

Thanks for reminding me. I need to add that one to my collection (I also have the Marilyn Manson cover and the Richard Cheese cover, lounge style).

It kinda became one of those "defining songs" of my last big breakup

Guest Worldmaker

Thanks for reminding me. I need to add that one to my collection (I also have the Marilyn Manson cover and the Richard Cheese cover, lounge style).

It kinda became one of those "defining songs" of my last big breakup

I know its on Cash's American IV: The Man Comes Around (which I recommend... its one of the most amazing albums I've heard in a while). I don't know if its available as a single on iTunes or one of the other online music outlets.

Alien Worlds (series)

The Night Riders of Kalimar (part one, airdate 04 February 1979)

Season 1, Episode 5

"Captains Buddy Griff and Jon Graydon, Dr. Maura Cassidy and their saltry companion, Travis Silverthorn, head a Space Exploration Team to the tiny planet, Kalimar, where an ultimate energy source, glowstone, has just been discovered. Once there, they face death by will of Kreegan, leader of the strange, sightless creatures that inhabit the fiery planet. Their mission turns to one of mere survival and return from . . ."

Particle Man - They Might Be Giants

I'm actually thinking of writing up a more heroic version of the character, based around what particles do, giving him properties of all three particle types (protons, neutrons and electrons).

But if you do that, you'll have to make Triangle Man. Triangle man HATES Particle Man.

... great, now I'm going to be singing that all day.

I've spent most of today with Beethoven LP records while doing vinyl-to-digital transfer work, so I'm back into a radio show for something different:

Alien Worlds (series)

The Kilohertz War (airdate 08 July 1979)

Season 2, Episode 1

"Is Earth under attack from Mars? The International Space Authority and the Terellian Military Council have agreed on an ISA officer to act as referee for Terellian war games on Mars. Enroute to the nearby planet, the fail-safe circuit on Major Corbin’s ship engages and he hears a garbled message that Earth is being attacked by Mars. Thinking that the Terellians are mounting a sneak attack, Corbin reacts militarily only to find himself the victim of a strange, accidental time-warp on . . ."

Alien Worlds (series)

Deathsong (airdate 05 August 1979)

Season 2, Episode 4

"Two benevolent alien elves, with a hostile alien ship in hot pursuit, are given asylum aboard Starlab. They have with them an instrument developed through the principle of bio-harmonics, a musical science devoted to the healing of living organisms by "tuning" them. The hostile vessel controls "Deathsong," the direct antithesis of the elves' music. We become witness to the ultimate struggle between the alien music forms from the elsewhen and elsewhere of . . ."

This is the demo episode for the series and is available on the site:

http://www.alienworlds.com/AW2Promos/Deathsong.mp3