Where is Martial power kick?

Vorsch

Simply put, where is the MA attack that does increased KB.

Ive watched three supers type films today ( Matrix, House of flyingdaggers,) and it strikes me Super MAs are kicking people all over the landsacpe with what is a attack obviously designed to throw the opponent far away.

MA attacks are buy default-1d6Kb so even a MA haymaker is the same as a standard punch

Re: Where is Martial power kick?

There is a Martial Maneuver called "Shove" that pushes opponents back 1" for every 10 STR in the Shove maneuver (after adding the characters STR to the STR bonus from Shove). Even an average strength character can push opponents back 2" with this maneuver (thats 4 meters..not too shabby).

You could use a Multiple Power Attack of Offensive Strike and Shove to do a Power kick maneuver. Or you could simply design one using the Martial Arts design rules.

Simply add an Exert basis to some attack damage, since Exert is not an exclusive basis. Do STR+2D6 damage and adds +10 to STR to Shove opponents. Probably cost around 5pts or so.

For Wuxia style campaigns, though, I use Knockback rules, and don't subtract an additional 1D6 for martial maneuvers. Thats certainly more in genre.

I would personally probably just apply the "Increased KB" Advantage...oh, wait, there isn't one...

Hmmmm, you'd think there should be one, to speak to a larger point on this.

Wait, there is Increased Knockback - I guess I'd use that but do a cheaper version of +1/2 for "put d6 back".

I keep thinking, as Vorsch does, that this is addressed somewhere, though, specifically...

Ah, how about just:

Martial Arts: +3 DCs; No Damage, Only Knockback (-2);

[12 Active, 4 Real]

That costs 4 points, affects all Martial Maneuvers, and on average roughly counters the extra points from the +1d6 on the Knockback roll. If you want to be sure, add another DC or two.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that should be like a -2 anyway. Adjust as you see fit; it's not going to get all that expensive for its usefulness, since it affects all Martial Arts.

There is a Martial Maneuver called "Shove" that pushes opponents back 1" for every 10 STR in the Shove maneuver (after adding the characters STR to the STR bonus from Shove). Even an average strength character can push opponents back 2" with this maneuver (thats 4 meters..not too shabby).

You could use a Multiple Power Attack of Offensive Strike and Shove to do a Power kick maneuver. Or you could simply design one using the Martial Arts design rules.

Simply add an Exert basis to some attack damage, since Exert is not an exclusive basis. Do STR+2D6 damage and adds +10 to STR to Shove opponents. Probably cost around 5pts or so.

^This would be my suggestion also.

Another option if this _isn't_ a pure Wuxia game:

Buy a maneuver involving a 'throw', and rename it 'Big Flying Power Kick'

This reminds me that I need to finish my conversion of Pro-wrestling maneuvers into Martial Maneuvers.

Martial KB kick is a staple of the genre, yet doen not exist in Hero.

A power build for what is obviously a accetable MA manuver is i feel the wrong way to go about it.

And im talking Supers rather than Wuxia

A power build for what is obviously a accetable MA manuver is i feel the wrong way to go about it.

In many cases, there's not that much of a difference.

Send 'em flying:

6" flight (12 points) useable as attack 0 END (30 points) only useable with a martial arts attack (-1/4) total cost 24 points.

That'll get rid of that pesky extra dice and then some.

NB to use this you would have to do a multi power attack, so you couldn't use levels unless they apply both to the MA and to the UAA, which is why not every attack causes the increased KB.

Send 'em flying:

6" flight (12 points) useable as attack 0 END (30 points) only useable with a martial arts attack (-1/4) total cost 24 points.

That'll get rid of that pesky extra dice and then some.

NB to use this you would have to do a multi power attack, so you couldn't use levels unless they apply both to the MA and to the UAA, which is why not every attack causes the increased KB.

Im looking for 4-5 pt manuver, no -1d6 for ma, +1d6 kb, +2d6 dam , +0 ocv, -2 dcv, full phase

4-5pts a choice like disarm not apower build, it IS a MA manuver acording to source material.

Im looking for 4-5 pt manuver, no -1d6 for ma, +1d6 kb, +2d6 dam , +0 ocv, -2 dcv, full phase

4-5pts a choice like disarm not apower build, it IS a MA manuver acording to source material.

Sounds reasonable: you are trading +2 DCV to -2DCV in exchange for -2d6 on the KB roll, as against a normal martial strike. I see nothing wrong with this at all, costed at say 4 points (as a martial strike). You may even be giving away too many DCV points for the added utility.

Sean

3 Martial KB Kick: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, +1d6 Strike, Target Falls

And just remember that you can exchange DC's of damage for inches of movement on the 'throw'.

How is this using a power build?

The thing is, the "source material" also says you can fight on the tops of peoples' heads in a crowd scene. I'd write that up as a form of Flight, only to balance, yadda yadda. The maneuvers are for a more "realistic" setting; notice how there's no Chi Gong maneuvers in the list. I'd go with the Offensive Strike and Shove MPA, myself. If you really need to make them fly much firther than 6-8 meters, you start buying up the Martial Art DCs.