Hello

Profit

Hi. I just got my Hero System 5th edition book. I have a copy of Champions - The Superheroic Roelplaying game (You guys know the book, with the martial artist on the cover fighting the robot) that I have read until it is falling apart. Never actually played the system though, but I do have binders of characters I have made. Anyway, I'm gonna be hanging around the forums a bit and just wanted to say hi. So Hi. :)

Prof

Re: Hello

I have a copy of Champions - The Superheroic Roelplaying game (You guys know the book' date=' with the martial artist on the cover fighting the robot)[/quote']

Actually... that's not a robot. It's Dr. Destroyer. Sort of Doom mixed with... uhm... Darkseid? Something like that.

Welcome! You'll need a few basic tips...

1. As Susano said, the robot was dr. Destroyer, a big league baddie in the Champions Universe. He is about to splatter Seeker, everyone's favorite Austrailian ninja. Seeker didn't make it into 5th edition and is a frequent punchline here.

2. The old Champs book you have is often refered to here as the BBB, or Big Blue Book. Of course it is falling apart. The bindings sucked on that book. I went through three of them.

3. Stay away from MightyBec.

4. Stay away from the Non-Gaming Discussion section. It will rot your noggin.

5. This crew has been super helpful for my campaign. Their advice will help you create, run, and maintain a fun game. Don't be afraid to ask any question. Remember, there are no stupid questions except the ones Enforcer84 asks.:D

6. Read the code of conduct up top of your screen. Nice guys go far.

Have fun!

5. This crew has been super helpful for my campaign. Their advice will help you create, run, and maintain a fun game. Don't be afraid to ask any question. Remember, there are no stupid questions except the ones Enforcer84 asks.:D

Have fun!

That is soooo nearly true it hurts.

:winkgrin:

Welcome! You'll need a few basic tips...

Have fun!

What about the ones that he doesn't ask?

5. This crew has been super helpful for my campaign. Their advice will help you create' date=' run, and maintain a fun game. Don't be afraid to ask any question. Remember, there are no stupid questions except the ones Enforcer84 asks.:D [/quote']

But don't forget ... there are lots of stupid answers. And insane answers. And inane answers. And ... well, go through your dictionary, all those words that start with im- or in-. Inedible, incontinent, implausible, incestuous, and so on. About the only one to forget about is "innocent".