The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Went to an exhibition at the British Museum on Sunday which was called The Past from the Air. Photographs of ancient sites taken from a helicoptor usually. Wonderful. So I got the book that goes with it. That cost roughly $50.
Cool, was the book worth it? Seems a bit on the expensive side.

I have no idea . . . But my guess is "no". Whenever I've seen him on a bike' date=' he's been without.[/quote']

I remember seeing an interview with Gary Busey while he was recovering from his helmetless-motorcycle-riding head injury. It would have been the perfect ad for helmet awareness. "No, I shtillll, wouldn't wurr a hellmet... Yeah, I got hurt, uh... pretty bad... but, you can't... hear, real welll, uh, sho..."

Took my kid for a walk yesterday afternoon. Coincidentally, several other parents were out and about with their kids at around that time. So first my boy got to chase some kid on a tricycle (and hopefully pick up on the concept), then he played with Andrew for about half an hour, and then he spent another twenty minutes chasing Lehua and/or her ball.

Not even a year and a half and he's chasing girls already.

There can be no sound better than your child's laughter.

On Saturday my copy of the Champions 25th Anniversary edition turned up although I almost missed collecting it from the post office.

On Sunday Forrest Whitaker won Best Actor Bafta for Last King of Scotland, Pans Labyrinth won Best Picture not in English, Helen Mirren won Best Actress for The Queen, The Queen won Best Picture Bafta, Last King of Scotland won the Best British Picture Bafta, Jennifer Hudson won Best Supporting Actress for Dreamgirls, Alan Arkin won Best Supporting Actor for Little Miss Sunshine and Eva Green won Best Starlet/Newcomer.

Working Plumbing!

The plumbers cut the pipe out that was the problem area. The whole thing was bowed and falling apart. 40 year old pipe made of compressed tar paper. Apparently the whole neighborhood had this type.

I'm just excited that I can take a shower longer than five minutes.

Took the kid to the beach today. Didn't swim, of course--much too windy for that, and we didn't have time. But we had a good picnic lunch and then I got to walk my kid around in the sand and watch the kitesurfers for a while before my wife froze. My boy really loves water, and Arby's roast beef sandwiches.

Oh, and today I discovered that the gym has a nice child watch area where we can leave the kid (free of charge!) and then work out within sight of him. Perhaps I will finally be able to lose this pot belly.