The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

I did a random act of kindness before Christmas. One of the artists I patronise on the deviantart website had a traumatic time after the super typhoon, so I gave them a premium membership as the one they had had run out. They lost quite a bit but were still alive and well and trying to get some semblence of normality back. They have since logged back onto the site and thanked me for it which is nice.

Sometimes when you recall things you saw as a kid, your mind plays tricks on you. Your memory is that someone was more attractive than they actually were. Case in point, a woman in Starsky and Hutch in the first season who ended up being in the credits for seasons 2 and up. You may know the one I mean, the one wearing the leopard print outfit that so captivates David Soul's Hutch that Paul Micheal Glaser's Starsky has to blow his breath in a concentrated fashion in order to attract Hutch's attention. I got the collected series 1 and was surprised that the woman was not as attractive as my memory had portrayed her.

So I have also been hunting an advert from my youth from around the same period and have finally found it. This time my memory was right. It was for Shield soap and yes it is a woman in the shower. It may explain my preference for short haired brunettes but who knows ?

My current job is moving, and that will double my commute. I'm looking at new ones, and found a place that will half my current commute that is looking for a programmer. It's a great place to work. I am applying! Prayer appreciated!

Had a pre-interview screening with this company today. The internal recruiter said she sees no reason not to recommend me for the next round! I should hear early next week if I get an interview.

I did the screening from my car in an empty parking lot, so my teeth may have chattered a bit. She asked about two specific technologies that I admitted I had never worked with. However, once back at my desk, I googled the names quickly. I have worked with similar products (Oracle APEX was compared to Rails and CakePHP which I have a good background with while PL/SQL was described in terms that made it sound similar to Firebird's internal SQL extensions to make triggers, stored procedures, etc.). I called back to let her know that I was familiar with similar technologies.

Happiness. Prayers still appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...