WWYCD: Foxbat The Mighty!

CrosshairCollie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeroPink!

Re: WWYCD: Foxbat The Mighty!

No, not that he thinks he is a character in a comic book, that he actually is a comic book style character (after reading one too many from his comic book collection and had a mental breakdown)

TB

He doesn't think he's from a comic book, he thinks he is comic book style? What's "comic book style"?

OK, call me an :idjit:, but I can't get what you're saying. Inspite of :think:ing a lot, I can't see it.

Speaking as a GM, this is a good idea ;) 'Course my players wouldn't think so, as Foxbat's actually out-witted them a few times and escaped their grasp whenever he could ;) In fact, I'd almost say that he's a nemesis of one of the characters in the group ...

Speaking as a GM' date=' this is a good idea ;) 'Course my players wouldn't think so, as Foxbat's actually out-witted them a few times and escaped their grasp whenever he could ;) In fact, I'd almost say that he's a nemesis of one of the characters in the group ...[/quote']

That has to be profoundly embarassing.

Not so much embarassing as frustrating ;) Iin my campaign, he's got a few partners in crime that he continuiously sacrifices to the law while he makes an artful escape ;)

I've modified his stats a bit as well ... making him a crafty loon. He has connections up the wazoo and has some neat toys beyond his ping-pong ball gun. If I knew they'd allow it, I'd almost be tempted to write a DH article on some of the stuff I've made for him ;)

Why are you people giving Sketchpad ideas like this?!? Don't you know how dangerous that is to his players? ;)

Whenever Foxbat shows up, bad things happen.... hilarious, wacky things when looked at out-of-character, but definitely not so funny in-character... I personally love the character very much as our GM portrays him... Foxbat is so beloved in our group that he even has his own theme music (Sketchy plays music to enhance the feel of his games most of the time)... thus, when the music changes to a particular track, every single one of our group's members will groan because we know just who's about to show up...

The last time we ran into Foxbat, he and his flunkeys led city police and our supergroup on a wild high-speed chase through busy downtown traffic, which ended when he proceeded to shrink 2 police cars, 4 police officers, and 3 of the 4 team members chasing him to the size of mini-mates with a stolen shrink-o-ray, leaving only my teenage mage-girl (with her low self-esteem and highly unpredictable wild-magical powers) at normal size to help put things right... believing her friends vapourized or worse since she came onto the scene later than her allies, she attempted to cast a powerful entangle spell to stop him but the spell fizzled... Foxbat laughed at her, then called for a getaway jet and then shrank part of the monorail as the next train was due to be speeding through within a few short minutes, presenting her the choice to either save a train full of people by fixing the monorail or stop Foxbat and crew from escaping yet again... she chose the save the train and tried to mend the railing with her magic... but instead of mending the girders as she intended to, her magic again backfired and the metal shrieked and whined as a 30ft tall girder monster ripped itself out of the monorail (now affectionately referred to as "Girderzilla")... thus did Foxbat and crew get away, as they planned, probably laughing their respective behinds off at the ineptitude of heroes as my poor little mage scrambled to counter her spell and save the day...

Thus do I state for the record that if Foxbat showed up in his current "Sketchpad incarnation" with the aforementioned enhanced abilities, my character would react by immediately calling for the rest of her team! Then she would hop onto her enormous flying guardian-panther, and chase after Foxbat, trying to prevent him from hurting anyone as he carries off the bank, perhaps trying to goad him into a low-population area so that he'd be easier to attack without worrying about innocents... if he landed and it was safe to do so, she'd try snaring him in a "Jigglytrap" (magical lime gelatin encases target) or some other entangling spell... at all times, her main priority would be to stall him until help arrived... and hopefully it would be someone to help her, not him! ;)

Mmm, lime gelatin... you can trap my character in that anytime you want! :D

Sorry... off track. *ahems* Does your incarnation have Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl as his flunkies? (They're from Champions Battlegrounds, BTW, from J's Shopping Maul scenario.) One's a complete otaku, the other's a complete loon, like FB is.

Mmm, lime gelatin... you can trap my character in that anytime you want! :D

Sorry... off track. *ahems* Does your incarnation have Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl as his flunkies? (They're from Champions Battlegrounds, BTW, from J's Shopping Maul scenario.) One's a complete otaku, the other's a complete loon, like FB is.

Nope. I have my own flunkies that I've made, as well as a horde of equipment that he uses. As it is, my Foxbat's a bit more points than the one in CKC. One of the best things he has is the Foxbatmobile that's a suped up El Camino ;)

(My first What Would Your Character Do!)

However is appropriate for your hero, s/he catches wind that Foxbat is holding up the First National Bank of Your Hometown. Figuring he'll probably have knocked himself out by the time you get there, you cruise over there only to find out that 'holding up the bank' wasn't a figure of speech.

Though he looks no different, Foxbat has Grond-level super-strength, super-agility, invulnerability, and as he revels in telling you, flight ... as he laughs off your initial attacks and absconds with the entire bank!

Your next step?

Who is this imposter?:think:

Why the @#$& is he copying Foxbat of all people?:jawdrop:

• 2 years later...

Volt "Cool. Impressive. Would you kindly put the building down? You are probably scaring the people inside." Foxbat kinda idealizes Volt sometimes, so this may work. If not, call for Disarray for a mental attack.

Olorin would go invisible and get people inside out of the building if there is any. Staying invisible, he'd get close behind Foxbat and make a cloth ripping sound. Then he'd appear in front of Foxbat and say "Uh oh. You just ripped your pants." Chaos would ensue, and Olorin may just t-port him to Antartica.

Black Tiger would swear and call for back up.

Futurian "Dang! Hey you really have been pumping iron. You look good. Can I feel your muscle?" Foxbat may just drop the building on himself trying to comply.

Siberian Tiger, in 4E, was a super-strength, extremely fast brick (STR 58, DEX 28, SPD 7 20 PD & 50% reductionsick.gif...), with martial arts to boot. He might have been able to go toe-to-toe with the Super-Foxbat.

The 5E rules changes (and a general downscaling of an out-of-control game) brought Siberian Tiger down to more reasonable scale... probably not powerful enough to take on Super-Foxbat by himself. To quote an old GM, "You will try, you will fail...":hush:

The archangel Simoriah would scold Super-Foxbattsk.gif, then (in the highly likely event Super-Foxbat didn't respond appropriately) blast him with the Pure Light of Heaven. And while it looks like Simoriah is chucking spears of light at him, what he feels is the all the pain he's ever deliberately inflicted upon others (Ego Attack), which is enough to make even the most hardened villian reform (BOECV Transform).

Assuming Super-Foxbat doesn't have mental defense, anyway...:help:

Mist Dragon would draw his Armor Piercing, Penetrating Katana and (with a 29 DEX/7 SPD) try and discover if Super-Foxbat has double hardened PD.:sneaky:

Vigil would shake his head and retire to Tahiti out of shame.stupid.gif

Shatter: Well Shatter is more of a dex fighter with teleportation and desolidification. The most he can do is desolidify his hand into Foxbat and kill him, IF Foxbat has no defense for desolidification. If he did I would just teleport him alot until he got dizzy.

Vitus would be intrigued - he'ld probably need to find out more about Freddy's history, and that done would immeadiately ask himself "How can I use a delusional and easily manipulated super-being?"

Altho, admire the power displayed, whilst being careful not to stand too close in the event Foxbat fumbles the bank.

A bit of flattery should keep him busy until Void can teleport into the bank and send it back where it belongs.

After that - *find out how Foxbat did it*. Then steal it.

Zero would soil his pants, and retreat to cover and riffle throught Freddy's mind for the clues. After that, call in Miss Chaos - she invited Foxbat to her 21st birthday party and he remained on his best behaviour thru-out.

Hell's Angel would quietly curse to herself that this is happening again, then buckle down and try to take him out. She's currently involved in a plot wherein Bulldozer has gotten his hands on Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. She just got her *** kicked when she confronted him. Got smacked a couple of blocks and woke up with an UNTIL medic looming over her. She's got a broken arm and cracked ribs, among other things. Having a dimwit like Foxbat displaying similarly enhanced abilities would bring up unpleasant memories....

OHHH, you have one evil GM. I love that idea!!! Consider it creatively acquired.

Tech - contacts the rest of the team to let them know Foxbat is back with the largest chip on his shoulder you've ever seen and has no idea how to stop him.

GM - (steals idea to throw at players) :D

He doesn't think he's from a comic book, he thinks he is comic book style? What's "comic book style"?

OK, call me an :idjit:, but I can't get what you're saying. Inspite of :think:ing a lot, I can't see it.

Foxbat doesn't think he's in a comic book world, he thinks the world operates on the same laws & premises as the comic books he's spent all his life reading. And while it's true that the Champions Universe does operate similarly in many ways to Comic Book Worlds, it doesn't conform to all those tropes. But Foxbat, super-fanboy that he is, thinks it does.

Basically, take Comic Con, take all the uber-geeks (the kind who thinks Comics are Real, and that they really are Jedis/Ninjas/etc.) out of it, and distill them into one uber-uber-geek. That's Foxbat.

Iron Alloy - She stares dumbly for a moment watching the bank as it flys away, gradually becoming a dot on the horizon. Reaching for her ear piece she radios the rest of Justice, Inc.

"Um...guys? You're NOT going to believe this. Foxbat...competent...

pulled off a heist. Bank. Woah."

She sputters for a minute more, Mach on the other end of the line squawking at her to stop talking crazy. Finally she regains enough sense of reality to speak clearly.

"No seriously. It was Foxbat and he's flown off with a bank. No...the WHOLE THING! I'm looking at exposed ground piping here! NO I don't know how! I'm going gaseous to persue him so I'll be on radio silence until I can manifest solidly again. IA, out."

"Holy crap," she mutters before her body fades completely into a helium cloud and propels itself into the sky after him.

Foxbat doesn't think he's in a comic book world' date=' he thinks the world operates on the same laws & premises as the comic books he's spent all his life reading. And while it's true that the Champions Universe [i']does[/i] operate similarly in many ways to Comic Book Worlds, it doesn't conform to all those tropes. But Foxbat, super-fanboy that he is, thinks it does.

Basically, take Comic Con, take all the uber-geeks (the kind who thinks Comics are Real, and that they really are Jedis/Ninjas/etc.) out of it, and distill them into one uber-uber-geek. That's Foxbat.

from what i know of him that fits