WWYCD: Foxbat The Mighty!

CrosshairCollie

(My first What Would Your Character Do!)

However is appropriate for your hero, s/he catches wind that Foxbat is holding up the First National Bank of Your Hometown. Figuring he'll probably have knocked himself out by the time you get there, you cruise over there only to find out that 'holding up the bank' wasn't a figure of speech.

Though he looks no different, Foxbat has Grond-level super-strength, super-agility, invulnerability, and as he revels in telling you, flight ... as he laughs off your initial attacks and absconds with the entire bank!

Your next step?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WWYCD: Foxbat The Mighty!

Starguard -- I am reliably informed by my DM that Foxbat has a crush on her. Simply showing up should cause him to drop the bank on his own head. :)

Dr. Pain -- recoil in horror at the thought that Foxbat might actually beat him up on live TV. Frantically move to head off that possibility by engaging in conversation with him about "Hey! You must have been working out! Who's your personal trainer?". If he can distract Foxbat with a lengthy discussion on weightlifting techniques and health food, maybe he can resolve this situation... *gulp*... without violence.

Baron von Darien -- feel a very sharp stabbing pain just behind his left eye. Goodness knows he's had enough tension headaches in his long unlife, but /this/ takes the cake.

Then he proceeds to see if Foxbat also got new Mental Defense along with the rest. Upon finding out that he didn't, sigh discreetly in relief.

Style - Quietly scope out the "new" Foxbat's resistance to Ego Powers, Transformations, etc, all the while keeping up a conversation. If Foxbat is somehow now immune to Everything (and with a Magic VPP and many KS, Style can try a very wide range of things), Style will try to find the source of this new power and remove it. If anything can affect FB, he is eventually toast.

Flesh Gordon - "Whoa! You're holding up a bank! Groovy!" Flesh would charge in head first, get smacked around, and by pure luck find in the rubble the business card of the witch / beautiful female mad scientist who empowered Foxbat. The female in question would fall madly in love with Flesh, and give him the secret to de-powering Foxbat. Later, after a few weeks with Flesh, she would stop at notheing in her quest to destroy him.

Tick-Toc Man - Way out of his league. He'd try to confuse Foxbat, tricking him into giving away the source of his new powers. Failing that, he'd search for someone to help.

Soulbarb: Do the same thing she just did with the evil version of supes that just popped up in her campaign world. Worry about what he's doing with the bank afterwards; it's not like she can stop him up front, so she'll work on containing him. Investigate, find out how he got the power boost, find out how to undo it, implement a plan to trick him into a position where she can do so, probably in less than a day. From there, recovering the money from the bank shouldn't be too hard... though the bank itself might be another matter. She's not that strong. :)

Brand X - Stand there dumbfounded a second and then ask Foxbat the serious questions:

You know this means the big boys are going to start showing up, right?

Did you know that super strength can lead to sterility and impotence?

Your robbing a bank? Honestly, why are you thinking so small?

Is your fly open?

Next thing you know, Chaos. Ah, Foxbat.

Grizzly Goes home, flushes out the power armor, assembles the team and tells them that they have a problem.

Whisper of the Shadowed Mind (a mentalist, now retired) thinks: Hrm, Foxbat has Grond-like levels of strength, toughness and invulnerability. Presumably, he may have Grond-like mental defences as well. Unless Foxbat's mental defences have made the same leap upwards as his strength, Whisper will easily be able to get Foxbat to set the bank down gently and turn himself in.

Millennium Will try to gather as much info as possible. Will try a Presence attack to see if he can get him to monolog about his new powers, if that doesn't work will tr telepathy.

Cheeta Thinks "I'm getting waayy to old for this!" Figures this has to be an inobvious focus. Does a superspeed pat down of Foxbat to see if he can locate it. If not, tries tickling Foxbat to see if he can get him to drop the bank on himself while Cheeta leaps out of the way.

Iron Will Will hang back, shift as much of the pool as he can to enhanced senses, and see if he can figure out what caused the power ramp up.

Astro-Knight: How tough could he be? Go charging in, first priority to protect innocents inside, but other than that, he'll get his butt kicked. Wake up later and decide next time he needs a plan :)

Gaze: Mind Control Foxbat to put the bank down gently, and tell him how he got this power boost. then put him to sleep and have Stronghold take him in. End of story. :D

Max Thunder: Try to talk him out of this, but when Foxbat flies away, well, stare at him helpless. Try to think of a plan next time.

Recluse: Shrink, and and try to sneak a ride on Foxbat to see where he goes.

Gamma Girl -- "Oh, wow! Man, you've got some far out super-strength going there. That's really cool." "Matter of fact, Eff Bee, you're pretty cool...and you always were one hot-looking guy." "Hey, you wanna go grab some coffee? I know a great café...."

And over coffee, flirt cheerfully. Get Foxbat talking about what it's like being part of the "super-scene", and commiserate with his bad experiences. Encourage Eff Bee to tell her all about his new "far out super-strength"...and anything else that crosses his mind. Play it by ear until she works out how to take him down, but in the meantime, make it a fun date!

Hell's Angel would quietly curse to herself that this is happening again, then buckle down and try to take him out. She's currently involved in a plot wherein Bulldozer has gotten his hands on Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. She just got her *** kicked when she confronted him. Got smacked a couple of blocks and woke up with an UNTIL medic looming over her. She's got a broken arm and cracked ribs, among other things. Having a dimwit like Foxbat displaying similarly enhanced abilities would bring up unpleasant memories....

The Man-Ape would be amazed and more than a little intimidated. As a newbie superhero who spent most of his life as an actor, he's wary enough as it is. Having a laughable guy like Foxbat suddenly showing off top-level superpowers would be an alarming prospect.

Guest HeroPink!

(My first What Would Your Character Do!)

However is appropriate for your hero, s/he catches wind that Foxbat is holding up the First National Bank of Your Hometown. Figuring he'll probably have knocked himself out by the time you get there, you cruise over there only to find out that 'holding up the bank' wasn't a figure of speech.

Though he looks no different, Foxbat has Grond-level super-strength, super-agility, invulnerability, and as he revels in telling you, flight ... as he laughs off your initial attacks and absconds with the entire bank!

Your next step?

Please don't hit me, but I only heard of Foxbat in passing in a couple books. No idea who he is, or what's so special about him being more powerful. That said:

Thena: Apport the bank back where's it's supposed to be.

Glarg: If he hasn't flown away yet, run in and hit him. I've seen something about Grond, and Glarg could take Grond (except for the 4 arms, that would prolly defeat Glarg).

Panweesio: Foxbat is standing there, perceiving himself as flying off with the bank, but he isn't. Panweesio sends out a call for a superstrong hero to come and remove the bank and put it back, and wrap up Foxbat. Then Panweesio ends the Mental Ill., and laughs at the bad guy.

Starmite: FOxbat how many times have I told you to leave my spare supersuit alone? Now put the bank down. Before I just shut it off on you. I said now...(spots other superbeings arriving) Hey can I have your Autograph? Pleaase? pleeeeeeeeaaaassssseee?(completely ignoring Foxbat. In fact he has completely forgotten about FB).:D

Please don't hit me' date=' but I only heard of Foxbat in passing in a couple books. No idea who he is, or what's so special about him being more powerful. [/quote']

Think of the nuclear launch button in the hands of a C- student who cannot even name the capital of Afganistan. No, bad example.

Did you ever see the campy 60's Adam West Batman TV show? Think of the sillyest villian from that. That's Foxbat on a good day. Like the old Batman villians, he's obsessed, focus dependent, and inclined to elaborate plots that somehow just don't work out. On top of that, he believes he's a comic book character. So you give Freddy this kind of power boost, and the loose cannons scurry for cover.

Odds are that Foxbat did not even need the money, he just wanted a hero to see him holding up a bank, literally.

The Tornado! Well... first and foremost, before engaging FB in hand to hand combat, T! would try to get him to put down the bank somehow (preferably NOT by throwing it) since there might be innocents inside... plus, when there's too much property damage, no one wins... (and given that T! has been known to clean up a 4 city-block radius in under 1 minute, he doesn't really want to get stuck on sweeping duty.) He'd probably try telling FB a joke or try to taunt him into dropping the bank somehow. Once FB had dropped the bank, T! would move in, dodging blows and using extra actions to hit FB w/ his Hyperspin (DEX drain) and get him good and dizzy before laying in w/ the Hyperpunches (HTH 12d6, 3-shot AF). If that didn't bring him down, he'd just keep him busy until Fantastic-Man or Warforge or one of the other Defenders capable of dropping a bigger boom on UberFB showed up.

OK now this one is a weird one.

Raven the Traveller A transdimensional warror, member of the Blood, and mystic, would look at FB ..... stare for a bit then walk up to him and apport the bank back to it's place and look at FB. "Now when do actually get powers?" Then while he listens to FB's rant, use Magical VVP to figure if FB has power defence in the level he's other powers are. If not he'd use a invisiable attack to drain the poor child's Mental D and con, then switch to a ego attack and hope to heaven he stuns the idot.

Nightshade A Ninja with find weakness will all attacks @ 24-, she's a C in a semi-unlimited world would try and find weakness, do it till she cant't. Then She'd use her 16 DC attacks to take FB down. All the time with her levels in DCV, Total is 20.

Cosmic Blue My KOS-MOS C, would just start blasting, punching, doing what ever she can. She might win, she might not, but she'll fight. All the time using her mind link with Machines to talk to her father's AI, Harvey. That way if she goes down her father would have the needed info to take FB down later.

Flame A young fire using mutant. Look at FB and take a deep breath and wait for the rest of he's team to arrive. The Team up and try? to take FB out. He'd let one of the others in he's team wonder who FB got so powerful.

Storm Shard A very beautiful Ice Elemental would do what for her is not normal, she'd make small talk and try to talk FB into putting the bank down and then try to get him to tell how he got the power boost.

Ca'Rom Hotl A alien cosmic power EBer. He'd look at FB, who he has no idea as to what he is/was, then he'd use he's Life Detect to find how many people are inside the bank and do what he could to rescue them. Then he'd use he's Life Detect to see just what FB's Defences are, detect is discriminatory and analyze. Then after he tried to do that and if FB attacked him. Ca' would go all out on trying to stop him by staying out of reach and lighting up FB with Cosmic Energy.

I actually ran a short series that involved COSMIC FOXBAT!!!!

In my story, Foxbat was stealing a ruby amulet, since that was the first crayon color he saw when he opened the box. While stealing it, he was hot by a tractor-trailer. The ruby shattered and Foxbat was filled with super powers.

He returned to the city a few days later, wearing gold and silver foil clothing. (Imagine a 70's look mixed with MC Hammer's Genie-pants)

Well, needless to say, he went about proclaiming himself to be COSMIC FOXBAT!!! The problem was that due to his unstable mental abilities and an over-whelming bout of self-doubt, his powers would suddenly fail due to lack of slef-confidence. If he didn't believe he could fly.... then he couldn't.

It was fun watching the player's expressions when I told them that Foxbat picked up the armored car and with a surge of super-human strength ripped it open like most people crack open eggs.

Adonis possesses sufficient shapechanging that it should be easy for him to take a page from Bugs Bunny, but a little more effective to third party observers. He would alter his appearance to that of a comely young woman. (It is so nice when your COM is already in the 25 - 35 range.) "Are you really the world famous, handsome, clever adventurer known only to the world as Foxbat? Who's air of mystery has made the heart of so many women flutter at the meer mention of it? Please, pretty please (much batting of eyelashes) may I get your autograph, and maybe a picture with you? Oh, I don't have a pen on me. Maybe there is one in that bank."

Boost's eyes would bulge, and he would call for back up. Lots and lots of back up. Lifting a bank is impressive to begin with in terms of mass, but I'm not sure that the physics of his universe being sufficiently comic bookish that lifting a most buildings like that is structurally possible. Boost would be using his ability to percieve bio-auras to see if he can determine how Foxbat got so powerful, while he awaits the rest of the Wardens.

Queen of Spades: *sighs* "It's bad enough that you're here in Vibora Bay, of all the places, but this, here and now? It's just not my day..."

Then she'll try and sweet-talk the loon into putting the bank back, and discuss where did he get the cajones to be able to bench-press a building? Then figure out a way to knock him out quietly and remove the annoying powers, if possible.

Guest HeroPink!

Did you ever see the campy 60's Adam West Batman TV show? Think of the sillyest villian from that. That's Foxbat on a good day. Like the old Batman villians' date=' he's obsessed, focus dependent, and inclined to elaborate plots that somehow just don't work out.[/quote']

Oh goddess, what an ugly flashback. :sick::eek::ugly::shock::sick:

On top of that, he believes he's a comic book character.

Breaking the fourth wall? I like. :thumbup:

So you give Freddy this kind of power boost, and the loose cannons scurry for cover.

Odds are that Foxbat did not even need the money, he just wanted a hero to see him holding up a bank, literally.

Mr. Punster? That's funny. :snicker::D:winkgrin:

Quantum - first, he would try to wake up from this nightmare or mental illusion. Failing that, he would considering checkin himself in for a psych exam, but would attempt to follow Foxbot to see where he was going in hopes he could find some answers. He would also call for back-up...of course he would not say it was Foxbat.

Specture - Hmmm...would depend. His main duty is protecting innocent souls (mainly found in children). Assuming this applies, he would go desolid and enter the bank and rescue them. If not, he would most likey notify some other supers to take care of it while he continues on his mission.

Stone - Would stand there disbelieving anyone (especially Foxbat) could shrug off his punch (75 STR). He would try to jump ontop of the bank, and hope Foxbat takes hiim where he needs to go. He would also call for help.