International Heroes

Dominique

Re: International Heroes

The biggest group is the Winter Guard who protect the former soviet union.

Goriy (sp?) (known as Ivan in the original Red Doom) leads with his eldest daughter, code named "Snowflake"; I don't have the charactersheets here but I managed to get some Russian translations

Red Angel: powered Armor

The Warrior: Thor like clone

The Tigress: Feral fighter

The Shield: Yeah, Captain America clone

The Wizard: he's a wizard

Sputnik: At peace and his powers peaking

Cosmo: more silver surfer than before

I think that's all of them... Let me check when I get home.

I've been known to have American characters show up... ;)

(My game is set in Australia, so Americans are "international"!)

Unfortunately, my game is more generally "on hiatus" than real, but I have characters sitting in my files from New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong and the UK. I also have a bunch of Atlanteans, aliens and other characters not associated with any terrestrial nation.

Memo to self: design a scenario in New Caledonia or French Polynesia...

Because my game is set in Brisbane, I tend to use the Pacific as a setting more than Asia. As a result I haven't really bothered with characters from Indonesia or Sri Lanka or where ever. I probably should.

The PC's in my campaign are Russian (with two exceptions). They belong to the Global Defense Initiative. The organization is international in scope but the personnel is nearly 65% Russian. Three or more points in the language skill is a must.

The Sapphire Squad(Origins) is half Russian with two Americans, one Canadian, one Chinese, and one Uzbek making up the difference.

Force Aquarius(also Origins) is composed of two Americans,two Norwegians, one Englishgirl , one Scot, and one New Zealander.

I've been known to have American characters show up... ;)

(My game is set in Australia, so Americans are "international"!)

Unfortunately, my game is more generally "on hiatus" than real, but I have characters sitting in my files from New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong and the UK. I also have a bunch of Atlanteans, aliens and other characters not associated with any terrestrial nation.

Memo to self: design a scenario in New Caledonia or French Polynesia...

Because my game is set in Brisbane, I tend to use the Pacific as a setting more than Asia. As a result I haven't really bothered with characters from Indonesia or Sri Lanka or where ever. I probably should.

Who is your PNG hero "Assault" ? I have created exactly ONE hero in Papua New Guinea. A "werevelociraptor" called "Velociraptor" (Duh !)

Tell us a little about the character please Werehawk.

Guessing by your location, I'd say its the two Norwegian chaps you're intrested in.

Captain Marten Skaarsten is one the Norwegian Navy's elite divers.From sub rescues to covert ops, he was the man for the job. The Navy tapped Skaarsten to field test an experimental dive suit under controlled conditions. This was no ordinary dive suit. It was lightweight, composed of unusuall matarials, armed with very advanced weapons, has a "stealth sonar" capability, and it augmented the wearer's swimming speed. Once he was given a quick once-over on the suit's operation, Skaarsten was given the code name Kraken after the many tenticaled beast of Viking lore and sent to the stageing area to test his new toy.

He didn't have to wait long.

Leftennant Erik Halvorsen was a member of Captain Skaarsten's dive unit and one of his closest friends. Lt. Halvorsen was more laid back and easy going than his more tacitern buddy and boss. While on leave,he spotted an unusual aircraft spiraling out of control and heading into the sea. Halvorsen grabbed his dive gear and sped towards the stricken vessal. He informed the local Naval command of the situation and his intentions upon arrival. His superiors ordered him to assess the situation and under no circumstances was he to take further action until Navy personnel arrived. When the first ships arrived, Lt. Halvorsen was gone. The commander on the scene was given an unusual order. Stand down and hold position, the "Kraken" was on its way.

Several hours after the ships arrived, a Navy helicopter appeared and hovered over the crash site. An strangely clad figure jumped off and into the abyss.

Captain Skaarsten could not believe how easy it was to swim through the water or how fast he was going. His sonar was unlike any the Navy had and it led him the crashed UFO. As he arrived, the ship suddenly began to decompose. It boiled the water around a large area. This exposed a major flaw in the design. The suit could not handle huge rises in temperature so Skaarsten had to get out fast.Fearing an expolsion, Skaarsten dove into an large outcropping of rck waited for the big boom. It did not explode, but he no longer could find the UFO. The ship simply disintegrated. But out of that maelstrom emergred a fast moving humanoid. It swam twice as fast as he could and its maneuvering was ungodly quick. Sensing a fight, Skaarsten armed his weapons. as he was doing so, the alien swam up to him and said," Are you a Human too ?". The voice was alien yet familiar, "Erik,is that you?".

"We are Erik" was his reply. Apparently, Lt. Halvorsen disobeyed orders and dived alone. He found the spacecraft and as he began to explore it close up, an energy surge knocked him out. He emergred symbioticaly attached to whatever it was inside. Halvorsen and the alien inhabited the same mind and is controlled togather. Once the Navy had secured the area, the two men were secretly taken to a secure facility to await further orders.

That facility was "Deep Ice", A secret xenobiological base in Antarctica maintained by an unknown organization known as the Global Defense Initiative. The UFO was damaged by GDI interceptors and crashed near the Norwegian coast. GDI agents convinced their commanders that they be assigned to the GDI's new underwater strike team,Force Aquarius. Skaarsten kept the code name Kraken and Halvorsen was given the code name Narwal

refering to his weapons lance looked like whale's long tusk.

Who is your PNG hero "Assault" ? I have created exactly ONE hero in Papua New Guinea. A "werevelociraptor" called "Velociraptor" (Duh !)

My PNG hero is a Phantom homage called the Grey Ghost.

When I was living in PNG in the early 90s, the Phantom was the only comic that I saw, apart from a few copies of an old Batman and the Outsiders issue. The superheroic imagery that appeared in various ads on TV and so on was very obviously influenced by the Phantom.

Historically there was enough piracy in the East Indies to support a Phantom style pirate chaser, and New Guinea is a reasonable enough substitute for the African elements of the Phantom myth. Unfortunately, it would probably make more sense for such a character to have been based in West Papua rather than PNG, but still...

What do they look like?

I'm working on thumbnail sketches depicting their first encounter. It's going to be a couple days before it's done. I have their sheets using old 3rd ed. templates but I want to improve on the designs.

Kraken aromour? :cool:[/quote

One of their teamates is a young English girl named Sea Drake. Her power is Shape shifting, provided it is of a nautical form. Her favorite is that of an armoured giant squid (I'm still figureing out the biology on this critter but it is nasty looking).

Guest Suleyman Rashid

I run a Golden Age campaign, and the overwhelming number of my "international" characters are Japanese, German, and Italian "heroes". I do occasionally have news reports show up about the activities of Monsieur Eiffel, a French Resistance brick, or of a handful of Soviet supers fighting on the eastern front, but mostly its the bad guys.

• 2 weeks later...

"St Barbara" "Uggh ! Aquatic characters. I HATE these waterborne types !

More are on the way, including the rest of their teammates from Force

Aquarius.

"The person sitting at the keyboard" Cool ! Really nice pictures !

Thank you very much.

A small note of explanation "Werehawk" "St Barbara" (the character,) has a group of powers that are largely derived with a firework like special effect and most of them (except for "St Barbara's Law" : Missile and Energy deflection". I think) have the limitation "doesn't work in water" ! Hence "I hate those aquatic types". She CAN swim, and sail small boats, but if it comes to a fight in a body of water FORGET "St Barbara"; all she can do is observe from a distance and give suggestions/orders !

Well, I play in several international themed PBEM campaigns...

Global Guardians features most prominently among them. Check out the Global Guardian teams 1-5 for some international flavor.

My character (who isn't up on the board yet) on the GG1 team is Adamant (German immortal uber-brick). In South Warriors I play Chemo (Chilean chemical metamorph), and in Canadian Shield I'm the Analogist (Canadian Supergenius Street Detective).

Probably going to submit to something a little 'closer to home' next, but I do tend to gravitate toward the international flavor teams.