So if I have 30 rPD/30 rED armor...

Thia Halmades

Re: So if I have 30 rPD/30 rED armor...

Slightly off topic-

Recently in the D20 game I'm in we've come across many sonic attacks. Mainly because the GM didn't want psionics, but did want Mindflayers in his world.

As it happens I had on my person the perfect defence - an extra copy of a wedding present I had made for an NPC friend. A whistle of silence usable 3 time a day.

Silence spells stop sonic attacks for their radius and period of time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too cruel.

When I play the "hurt the invulnerable guy" game, I just go through the whole character sheet one line at a time and ask "how can I get around this one?"

For e.g.s: frist line is STR. Ok, how about a grab? Next, I do STR damage after a grab automatically, yes? So if he's a spindly little mage, I can hurt him pretty good with a 20 STR brute. Grab and throw has been mentioned. No one has mentioned just getting a brute with a wiry assisant. Brute grabs, wiry sidekick applies some form of NND: choke, poison, flamable oil & set his hair on fire. A simple method might be just to grab and then tie him up with rope, something even a couple of mooks could do. Add a rock to the end of the rope and toss him into a river for more fun. Make sure the sidekick has a stabby, so if the mages drops his FF for some other spell, a quick jab will end it.

Then move on to DEX: most mages are pretty high DEX, so maybe a dex drain could help. Then some sort of dex contest (grab his magic foob), and run. Change environment might make things too slippery for him to operate. A very high Dex character with an NND (ninja? flash bangs and choke dust...) could delivery some hurt. Someone fast could just go around him and hurt his fellows / assinate the king / steal the objective while ol' 30 rDef is standing around looking helpless.

Etc., etc. So on to CON (maybe not much there) INT, EGO (ego attacks have been mentioned), PRE (scaaaary monsters), COM (make him ugly?), PD, ED (armor peircing?), SPD, REC (tire him out? a long battle with many mooks might do it), END, STUN (drowning was mentioned).

Don't forget to look through the defenses and see what he's missing. Hardening, Ego def, power def, flash def, etc. If there's a defense, then there's probably a cheap, esp. NND, attack that it was designed to stop.

The trick I think is to be methodical and to make sure to think creatively about eash stat, power, or defense before moving on to the next one.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich....

Anyway' date=' like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich....[/quote']

Now if each of those had been seperate posts, then perhaps you could compete with Da Enforcer!

cheers, Mark

What' date=' no recipes? Plus you've made me hungry.[/quote']

What for? I kind of want a triple chocolate ice-cream bar. Chocolate prailine covered by fudge ice-cream, covered by more chocolate prailine.

What about a spell to turn the armor into chocolate prailine?

I dont think I'd allow "armor to chocolate praline" as a minor.

As I play it :

Cosmetic Transform : Change the look, but not the function

Minor Transform : Change the scale of function, but not the kind

Major Transform : Change kind and function entirely

So a minor transform on a suit of Plate Armor might be able to change it to a suit of Cuir Bouilli, but not to chocolate praline. A minor transform might be able to change cuir bouilli to plain old clothing too. No more than a 3 or 4 DEF shift though, with a minor.

That's why I was asking what the "Dispel" requirement was, considering that Dispel is all-or-nothing and a transform occurs over time, I'm not sure how to rule it. I tend to rule harshly, so I would do it as a Major transform as well (and I had all morning to think about it).