A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

15 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

that monologue was much more powerful.

It highlighted how the desperate - even if their actions were justified - should not hastily be characterized by desperation alone. Basically, there are often deeper motivations at play.

(Do I get a gold star :bounce:?)

9 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Sure.

I'll go and take a screenshot...maybe.

Anyhow, I am truly discovering "Kung Fu" for the first time; while I caught bits and pieces of it decades ago, nothing was really absorbed. Watching a series that has been parodied to all hell is an interesting experience. There are still two more seasons for me to consume, but what I can say thus far is that the depicted wisdom hasn't aged a day.

I loved Kung Fu as a teenager. Like many Westerners my age, that was my first exposure to both the martial arts and Oriental philosophy (or at least the watered-down versions of both). But when I watched David Carradine interviewed by Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show... well, let's just say I learned to draw the distinction between fictional characters and the actors who play them.

9 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

But when I watched David Carradine interviewed by Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show... well, let's just say I learned to draw the distinction between fictional characters and the actors who play them.

...would you caution me against conducting a little research?

21 hours ago, death tribble said:

The crossover you have longed for ! Batman and the Daleks !

That would be interesting. Daleks in Gotham. Bats would have to find a way to not get hit by a weapon beam that moves at the speed of light. I can see Rupert Thorne trying to manipulate the Daleks the way Henry van Statten tried to, forcing Batman to try and stop the Daleks from killing his worst foe.

It would also be interesting to see a fanfic like this is which the Doctor is nowhere to be found -- where it is the locals, led by Batman, who must fight off the Dalek invasion of Gotham City.

Would a Dalek gun's beam take out Superman?

6 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

That would be interesting. Daleks in Gotham. Bats would have to find a way to not get hit by a weapon beam that moves at the speed of light. I can see Rupert Thorne trying to manipulate the Daleks the way Henry van Statten tried to, forcing Batman to try and stop the Daleks from killing his worst foe.

It would also be interesting to see a fanfic like this is which the Doctor is nowhere to be found -- where it is the locals, led by Batman, who must fight off the Dalek invasion of Gotham City.

Would a Dalek gun's beam take out Superman?

3 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

By itself, no.  It could hurt him, depending on his power level at the time.  But I'm sure the Daleks could acquire some Kryptonite-based weaponry, if not actually synthesize the stuff.

That's one of the things that's interesting about the Daleks. They love finding new ways to kill people, and Superman poses the sort of challenge they live for.

They could attempt to synthesize Kryptonite only to have it go wrong and become a threat to the entire non-Superman population.

--- --- ---

On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, Lord Liaden said:

Only if you don't want to find out that your fictional heroes are played by normal, even kinda flakey people, and that what means a lot to you may be just a job to them. I figure you're old enough to have learned that by now. ;)

After learning how so many content creators are racist, sexist, ultra-conservative (no abortions allowed ever, no taxes at all, no public funding period, etc...) or have straight-up committed crimes such as sexual assault, I have evolved to a stage where "It's just a job to me." is positively tame and therefore acceptable. Misunderstand me not, though; I wish to avoid such deeper insights whenever possible so as not to mar my appreciation for a given work or character.