Comics that I miss.

starblaze

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Comics that I miss.

I really miss Micronauts, Blue Beetle (DC), Captain Atom, Iron Fist/Heroes for Hire, Alpha Flight, New Warriors, Perez era Titans, Perez era Avengers, Prime, DP7, Psi-Force, West Coast Avengers, What If?, Wonder Man, Nova, Elementals, Nexus, and New Mutants

I miss "Leave It To Chance". Chance Falconer was an unusual character in a genre that seems to be awash with guys (and gals) with super powers and/or large guns, swords etc. A brave teenage girl who just couldn't stay out of adventures in a city full of magical characters and mystery. No super powers (although "Georgie" her pet mini dragon was a handy ally !)

Tragic. I was torn between "That SUCKS!" because I liked Jack Monroe as a character, and marveling at how good the story was. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I wouldn’t have minded if it’d been worked into the story better. An old Nicieza style ‘one page for three months to build tension’ work-in would have been much more agreeable than an after-the-fact ‘Oh, by the way, there was backstory! Really! I’m not killing him off because he’s unfortunately similar to the new character I want to introduce!’

The Cap run’s been great so far, and the ‘death of’ issue was good as well, I’m not arguing that. But I’m also not buying his ‘I wanted to explore TRAGEDY!’ editorial. :)

---

Writers rarely want to ‘explore tragedy’ with characters they like . . .

I wouldn’t have minded if it’d been worked into the story better. An old Nicieza style ‘one page for three months to build tension’ work-in would have been much more agreeable than an after-the-fact ‘Oh, by the way, there was backstory! Really! I’m not killing him off because he’s unfortunately similar to the new character I want to introduce!’

The Cap run’s been great so far, and the ‘death of’ issue was good as well, I’m not arguing that. But I’m also not buying his ‘I wanted to explore TRAGEDY!’ editorial. :)

---

Writers rarely want to ‘explore tragedy’ with characters they like . . .

You're a cynic I see. No doubt that means you're right ;) I myself had wondered IF the Winter Soldier (be it Bucky or not) is redeemed, might he not take up the very name Nomad and become Marvel's newest hero? it could be.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

YES!! That was the one! Thanks for the clarification.

I liked the powers they received and the premise of their dying off. Hmm... my group has been asking me to run some one shot adventures... I think I may persue this line of thinking. Thanks again SR.

I loved it because events had consequences. I mean, there was absolutely no continuity shifting like you see in other titles. Everything, and I mean everything, was kept track of, most importantly the time limits on the various characters.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Gruenwald's "Squadron Supreme" series' date=' very nicely done[/quote']

The one where they take over the world to make it a better place?

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Oh! Just remembered! I was an enormous fan of Goodwin and Simonson's Manhunter series from the 70s! I found the entire seven issue run in a three for a dollar bin when I was 14 or 15 and ate it up with a spoon.