[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

NIce look' date=' but...archer with a cape? Not a quiver on his back?[/quote']

You like the second look better or the first? Not sure myself, I'm partial to both!

Yeah, he doesn't need a quiver, the bow is made from a Demon Prince's bone, it magically produces the arrows.

You like the second look better or the first? Not sure myself' date=' I'm partial to both![/quote']

I love the detail on the first, but overall I like the second. It has a much more accessible Avengers feel, imo.

Yeah, he doesn't need a quiver, the bow is made from a Demon Prince's bone, it magically produces the arrows.

Of course! I should have known :D

I love the detail on the first' date=' but overall I like the second. It has a much more accessible Avengers feel, imo.[/quote']

Yeah, that's my dilemna as well... I like the first, much more modern, cool detail, Demonic looking, but the second, well... it just says "I'm an Avenger."

I'm working on mixing the two, but hey, might just leave it to a vote as to which of the two is better!

Yeah' date=' he doesn't need a quiver, the bow is made from a Demon Prince's bone, it magically produces the arrows.[/quote']

Aww, I was thinking that he swallowed the arrows before he went out like a circus performer, then just reached down his throat for the one he wanted each phase. :D

As for the costume, who says you have to pick just one? Heaven (excuse me) knows plenty of Avengers had multiple costumes. Besides, the Demon might want a special warmer winter-time outfit. ;)

Aww' date=' I was thinking that he swallowed the arrows before he went out like a circus performer, then just reached down his throat for the one he wanted each phase. :D [/quote']

Man, wish I would have thought of that first, I mean clearly I can't use that idea anymore, it would be a crime to steal something like that.

As for the costume' date=' who says you have to pick just one? Heaven (excuse me) knows plenty of Avengers had multiple costumes. Besides, the Demon might want a special warmer winter-time outfit. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, he's got those safe environments, so warmth/coolness isn't really an issue with him. ;) So which do you like best?

Wow' date=' what splendid pics from RadioKAOS, Supreme Serpent. And [i']fast![/i] I love the 3-D effect and the shading; the images have some of the complexity of photographs. The "demon archer" pic is my favorite, in all its murky splendor, which contrasts nicely with the sharper images of Banner and Dr Zemo.

Thank-you, gentlemen.

Would that I could take credit. I'm not the artist JJ is (who did the Raptor pic). The Demon guy, new Zemo and Iron girl pics are made using City of Heroes/Villains and taking screenshots.

BTW, where's the Cinnabar pic from?

OK, so here's a funny story. I hadn't checked this thread for a couple of days, 'cause I was building my character and didn't want to be "spoiled." So now I'm all caught up and I see that Pendaran has come up with a similar concept (well, not really but they're both Asgardians). Looking over his character sheet, I'm shocked at how closely Pendaran's and my ideas matched (I mean, you could easily build an Asgardian package just by looking at these two characters). Great minds and all that.

The only problem is... in his background, Ragnarok has already happened, and in mine it is yet to happen. Obviously, he's more current on his The Mighty Thor issues than I am. ;)

Not sure how to reconcile the disparity (assuming that Snake Gandhi chooses both characters rather than just one or the other). Might could say that since Asgard is another dimension, time works differently there and we're both from different eras in Asgard's history. Dunno.

Anyway, it ain't no thang. Here's Magni the Mighty -- sort of Thor's power set with Hercules' personality. What do you think? :D

Second concept (I'd prefer to go with Magni 'cause I likes me some bricks, but I'm easy)... Arachne, the young daughter of Spider-Man!

EDIT: Arachne is built on fewer than 600 points 'cause I figure she's still young and inexperienced at this whole "hero" gig. :yes:

Bill.

(Spidey was an Avenger once, wasn't he? At least a Reservist...) :D

Here's my shot at figuring out what both of my concepts think about other people's concepts (I'm only doing the ones that I've seen a full character sheet for, BTW)... (Hope I didn't miss anyone...)

----------

Arachne

Korbrandr: Oh. My. God. He is *so* hot! And he's got that sexy Emo thing going on. He's not that much older than me, right? "Um… Hi."

Cinnabar: Wow, angst much? WTF! Her dad was a superhero just like mine, and he was killed! I don't know what I'd do if my dad was killed; I'd probably just die!

Iron Girl: She's so self-confident. She makes "Iron Girl" work; why can't I do that with "Spider-Girl"? She's such a *****! I totally hate her. God I wish I could look like her.

Zemo: His dad was a villain? God, I guess they'll let just anyone on the team. Still, he's kinda cute. Kinda. "Um… Hi."

Raptor: If he's the son of Black Panther, shouldn't his name be Black Raptor? I wish I had a costume like his; I wouldn't be so worried about being shot if I was bullet-proof. Black would be a cool costume color -- then I could be all ninja!

Banner: OMFG! You could bounce a quarter off those abs! Patriotism is totally in. Is he single? "Um… Hi."

Magni

Korbrandr: Cousin! Why dost thou look so downcast? What will be will be; there is naught to gain by dwelling upon it. Let us hoist our mugs and drink deep the joys of life!

Cinnabar: Dear child, thy father was a brave man. My father did oft speak of the Vision's peerless heroism, and in honor of the comradeship they once shared, I do extend to thee my hand in friendship.

Banner: To meet the scion of the noble Captain America is an honor! If thou hast so much as half his heart, thou shalt be a warrior without peer!

Iron Girl: (dunno yet, still thinking)

Zemo: (dunno yet, still thinking)

Raptor: (dunno yet, still thinking)

Magni

Korbrandr: Cousin! Why dost thou look so downcast? What will be will be; there is nothing to gain by dwelling upon it. Let us hoist our mugs and drink deep the joys of life!

Cinnabar: Dear child, thy father was a brave man. My father did oft speak of the Vision's peerless heroism, and in honor of the comradeship they once shared, I do extend to thee my hand in friendship.

Banner: To meet the scion of the noble Captain America is an honor! If thou hast so much as half his heart, thou shalt be a warrior without peer!

Iron Girl: (dunno yet, still thinking)

Zemo: (dunno yet, still thinking)

Raptor: (dunno yet, still thinking)

You know, it just doesn't quite sound like the Avengers without someone spouting off in "Shakespearese". Be they Asgardian or Olympian, my heart oft dost pine for the syllables they so wondrously hoist aloft. :king:

Thinking about it on the drive home, I thought that young Mary Parker has way too many high-level skills for a girl still in highschool. Even though she's very bright, she just couldn't have the experience necessary to get professional-level skills in all those sciences and stuff (yeah, I know it's a comic book universe, but it just didn't "feel" right to me). So I did a quick re-write of some of her skills and stuff. Here's the new version...

Thanks, Serpentissimo!

To anyone who's seen the pic linked to my character sheet, that's actually "Bismuth", from the Amalgam comic "Maneto and the Magnetic Men". The character is an amalgam of Platinum of the Metal Men and -- the Scarlet Witch! The face and form are precisely what I wanted, but the costume...er, no.

I was probably going to "riff" on the Vision's costume for Cinnabar; the full yellow/gold cape and the dark, Coke-bottle green body-suit with yellow/gold boots, gloves, trunks and that sort of wrestler's belt across the lower belly.

Cinnabar's long hair is going to be falling over her shoulders and would cover any collar on her cape -- so, no collar. And the yellow/gold diamond on the Vision's chest -- in Cinnabar's case, it would be a yellow/gold stylized eye.

To that, add a golden version of the Scarlet Witch's headpiece...which is, I now realize, exactly what the headpiece on that image of "Bismuth" is!

Supreme Serpent volunteered to do a little "imaging" for Cinnabar on CoH, and he has my grateful thanks.

Could you post the pic without that reddish "power haze" around her head, please? And is there any way of doing the "golden eye" design on her chest? Cinnabar actually has yellow/gold "trunks" over the bodysuit; can you put that in the pic?

Please post a version with yellow/gold boots and gloves, instead of the red. I agree, it's a good tie-in with the Scarlet Witch, but I'd just like to see the costume without it for comparison.