[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

(edited out confusion over two neo-demonic purple characters)

Haven: This one more what you had in mind? (Not that I saw anything wrong with the gold swimsuit mind you :celebrate .)

edit2: Plus my vague idea of a possible Phoebe? Turned out looking like Wonder Woman meets Phantom Girl. :think: For some reason I associate mentalists with headbands, which is the reason for the tiara. The symbol on her chest is a yin/yang, in case it can't be made out easily.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, yes it does.

Oy.

:P

:o Sorry about that, I weakened.

Other ideas for names... more serious this time

Orion (Great Hunter in Greek Myth)

Hellbent (obvious reasons)

Renegade (which is how Mephisto might see him)

Brimstone

:o Sorry about that, I weakned.

Other ideas for names... more serious this time

Orion (Great Hunter in Greek Myth)

Hellbent (obvious reasons)

Renegade (which is how Mephisto might see him)

Brimstone

Aha! So I wasn't the only one! :D

I think Log is working on the relative of Kang - Purgatory is a possible other name for the "Century" character, right? I think we're getting him confused with RadioKAOS' demon archer guy, who's also done up as a spooky purple guy. :P

Found out about the thread too late, and anyway am not as avid an Avengers fan as some of the others... but I would've loved to join.

Anyway, all the best of luck! Is there any chance we'll be able to follow the progress of this game? The 3rd Generation idea is really neat, and one of the concerns I've long had in trying to fix the Marvel timeline in my combined Marvel / DC Universe...

I hope to mine it liberally for my own campaign.

Sepentissimo (that's "Supreme Serpent", by any other name):

Oh, I didn't see anything wrong with the gold "costume" either; it looked spectacular, but it wasn't Cinnabar.

I like this version of Cinnabar a LOT; there was something about the scarlet boots and gloves on the previous image that I just didn't care for, and the headpiece seemed to get lost in the reddish "power haze".

I like this image's representation of Cinnabar's headpiece, now you can see it, and the skin color is practically perfect. And the eye on the chest! Wonderful! I was also pleased with the "wrestling belt" and trunks combo...and the image has a good face.

I do have three requests (or two requests and a question)...always assuming I haven't used up all my credit with you by this point ;-).

One, if you can, please put the "slimming" yellow side stripes from the first version into this one. (Yeah, like the image needs to be slimmed down; she already looks as if she's wearing a corset!) I really liked the way the yellow-and-green looked, but on the most recent image, I can't see it. If it's there, the yellow gets lost in the yellow of the cape. If it's not there, please, will you put it in?

Two, please make the gloves, boots, cloak, "wrestler's belt" and trunks the same color as the headpiece. Is that what CoH calls gold? If so, I like it. I wants it, Precious...but please leave the stripes and accents yellow. That way they'll show up against the cape.

Third request/question: Is there a choice of waistlines for female figures on CoH? If so, I'd like a wider one, please.

Regardless of aesthetic quibbles, however, the image looks really good. Thanks for your time and interest.

I think Log is working on the relative of Kang - Purgatory is a possible other name for the "Century" character, right? I think we're getting him confused with RadioKAOS' demon archer guy, who's also done up as a spooky purple guy. :P

lol, that's ok, originally I sent the 'Banner' pic to McCoy, [instead of Hermit] and when he repsonded to my email, he thought I was 'lucky' [instead of radioKAOS]!

lmao, this thread is great!

lol' date=' that's ok, originally I sent the 'Banner' pic to McCoy, [instead of Hermit'] and when he repsonded to my email, he thought I was 'lucky' [instead of radioKAOS]!

lmao, this thread is great!

"Holy double mistaken identity Demon Archer!" Now I've got to work that into a plot seed somehow.

As I'm working out this character, sometimes I think that he should just be called Archer, drop the 'Demon' part, which really, I was just using as a placeholder until I came up with something better...

but then I just started thinking, about Martian Manhunter... It's not like he doesn't know he's a martian, it's not like others don't know, just by looking at him that he's a martian... and yet, he keeps it in his name...

Arghhh

How embarrasing. Well, as you say, nice not to be the only one. Sorry Log, Sorry RadioKAOS.

Ooh, I got a picture, I got a peeek-ture!

And she looks so good! I've got a splendid picture of Cinnabar now, courtesy of Supreme Serpent and CoH, and you can see her right here on this page of the thread, on Supreme Serpent's post.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, Jim...she rocks! <big kissiees>

:lol: Indeed, I am not the demon archer, however I can see where the confusion came in.

I did choose a name at last: Dynasty :cool:

I also adjusted the theming a bit to add a touch of Egyptian flair. I'm playing off of the notion that Kang was once Rama Tut, and after he conquered the 40th century there was an ancient Egyptian style instilled, even if nobody understood that except for him.

I typically don't do armor/gadget characters, so this could be very interesting. He has a gadget pool, but I haven't spelled out any gadgets yet. I don't see him as a dominant gadgeteer. He's smart, but he's not the inventive genius that his ancestors have been. (I'm guessing that gadgets will be Iron Girl's realm.)

His defenses are enormous (inspired by Kang's Mjollnir bouncing force fields) but his offense potential is relatively low, even with the gadget pool. He also has a private HQ in a pocket of Limbo.

Well, here he is...

I just realized some mistakes I made on Dynasty, so I'd like to add the caveat that he is a work in progress. I haven't built a base since 4th ed, so my estimate of costs was a bit off, for one thing. :o Plus I forgot to give him the disad "Reputation: Demon Archer" ;)

Sketchpad, I second the reaction to your pdf--neat styling! Hero Designer template of some sort?

I just realized some mistakes I made on Dynasty, so I'd like to add the caveat that he is a work in progress. I haven't built a base since 4th ed, so my estimate of costs was a bit off, for one thing. :o Plus I forgot to give him the disad "Reputation: Demon Archer" ;)

Sketchpad, I second the reaction to your pdf--neat styling! Hero Designer template of some sort?

lmao @ Rep:Demon Archer... nicely done.

Speaking of which, still thinking up a proper name!!! Any help is appreciated!

When the due date for getting these in? Character is done points wise, just have to write up the history and give him a proper name.

History:

Mockingbird was slain in action by the demon Mephisto when the team were escaping from his realm. She had thrown herself in front of Hawkeye to save him from Mephisto's mystic blast of energy. Her soul was trapped to fight eternally in the Arena of Tainted Souls.

More recently, Mockingbird was one of several deceased Avengers temporarily resurrected by the villainous Grim Reaper to serve him against the Avengers. She shook off the Reaper's control with her teammates and helped the Avengers defeat him before returning to the realm of the dead once more. Before returning, Mockingbird left a hint to the Avengers based what she had somehow learned regarding a plot of the now-underworld leader Hellstrom. This led to the resurrection of then-deceased Hellcat by Hawkeye and his new team, the Thunderbolts, who were actually attempting to rescue Mockingbird.

Later, when Hellcat returned to the underworld embroiled in a plot between Mephisto, Hellstrom, and the alien Dormammu, she tried to convince Mockingbird to escape with her. Mockingbird refused, opting to stay in the Arena of Tainted Souls, implying there was a higher purpose for her to do so. She let no one know her secret...

Morse was born to Bobbi Barton, aka Mockingbird, on a fateful night within the Arena of Tainted Souls in Mephisto's Plane. She was pregnant on the fateful day that she was trapped by Mephisto, though she kept it a secret, fighting in the arena for what seemed to be an eternity. The gestation seemed to take much longer than a usual pregnancy, but when the labour came, well, let's just say then she 'knew' hell. She held him in her arms, still weeping from the pain, barely noticing that her son had the looks of a demon. She loved him just the same.

Life in the Arena was 'do or die' and though Mockingbird tried to protect her young child from the combats, it wasn't long before he was involved, whether willingly or not. Morse grew fast. Faster than any human boy that Bobbie had ever seen. He was dealy fast and accurate, surpassing even that of Bobbie's love, Clinton, aka Hawkeye. She taught him about his 'father' and the group known as the Avengers, Bobbi knew that she must teach her son everything she could if he were to survive. And survive he did.

The battles were fierce and deadly, and on more than one occasion Morse had slain his foe. It was a necessary part of life for them then, but neither Bobbie nor Morse agreed with it. There was always sorrow for those souls that didn't survive.

Morse's powers had grown and he could teleport around the Arena with much skill, taking on groups of combatants at once. Even at times when the crowd thought he was down for the count, he would get back up and finish the fight. He was impossibly hard to kill, and remained undefeated.

After the last of his battles, fighting an entire group of demons on his own, Morse knew it was his time to leave. He looked down at his mother in the trench, awaiting her next battle, nodded, and vanished.

Morse spent the next period of his life searching 'Hell' for a way out. Crossing the hellish wastes of Mephisto's realm Morse stumbled upon the remains of a Demon Prince long forgotten. Remembering back to her mother's teachings of the man who was his father, Morse took one of the bones and carved from it a Bow with magical properties. Even he wasn't sure how he did it, but it was done, a masterful piece of work, in his hands and ready for him to use.

It was easier with such a weapon on his back, though still not easy, for him to traverse the realm in his quest. The fires within him grew strong, he knew must reach earth, find his father, become an Avenger and fight so that others may be free. It was the only thing that mattered to him.

Crossing the wastes he could see far ahead of him, a towering petrified craggy column reaching to the sky. He became singled minded in his quest to reach the top, battling overwhelming odds, climbing for days, fending off attacks from all angles until he finally pulled himself to the summit.

There he found what seemed to be a threshold, a gate of some sort, carved out of the stone itself, with no door, and nothing on the other side of the threshold but more wasteland for as far as his demon eyes could see. It was nothing. There was no way out of this realm, he had convinced himself of this truth, but now he knew it was nothing but falsity.

He broke down to tears, on his knees and began to pray, nay, beg, the powers that be to allow him to leave this plane, to reach earth. Minutes passed as he still begged, the force of his desire welling up inside him, through him, spilling out of him as a cry of anguish. When he was on the verge of collapse it happened. His dream came true.

Morse looked up to see a blue sky, clouds, Birds, trees, just as his mother had described. His tears of anguish became tears of joy as he looked around at his new home, Earth.

Mores found out quickly about the prejudices of these earthlings, and how to keep himself hidden and in the shadows. His teleportation abilites served him well in that aspect. It wasn't long until he found himself at the wrong end of the Avenger's welcoming comittee.

He recognized the group right away, though it seemed that some members had changed from what his mother had taught him. He explained to them who he was, and why he was here, and he's been 'on the team' since.

He has not as of yet met with his 'father' - though undoubtedly someone has told Hawkeye about him, Clinton has not stepped forward to meet Morse.

Played around with a new format for my stats ... attached it below :)

Wow, Sketch, that is a very nice charsheet! If it's a Herodesigner export, any chance of making it available to the rest of us schlubs? :)

Bill.

(And if not... any chance of making the template available?) :D

Wow, Sketch, that is a very nice charsheet! If it's a Herodesigner export, any chance of making it available to the rest of us schlubs? :)

Bill.

(And if not... any chance of making the template available?) :D

It's actually something I whipped up in Illustrator. If I knew how to make a template, I'd be more than happy to ... unfortunately I don't :(