[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

I guess nobody made it. :(

Fie on thee, noble friend Dynasty! We are courageous warriors, all -- surely choosing just six names from among the mighty assemblage who stand now before him hath addled poor Snake Gandhi's brain. Truly 'tis a decision not lightly made.

And yet, I blame thee not for thy impatience. This long wait doth tax the reserves of even an Asgardian born!

Should I read the whole thread' date=' or is there a "Cliff's Notes" version?[/quote']

It's basically a lot of discussion on character creation. There are some very good ideas developed well within, as well as some neat pics. You can pro'ly scan for the good stuff pretty easily. :)

Your speech is archaic and accented, Magni, but I understand you to mean that you believe the selection of the new Avengers team involves difficult choices, given so many qualified candidates, and that you are concerned that Snake Gandhi has been mentally injured during his attempt to make those choices. Is that correct?

By your last comment, I further understand you to mean that despite being a divine being with attributes greater than those of humans, you are running out of patience with the wait for Snake Gandhi's announcement.

I am not patient but I am not impatient, either: I am re-reading The Complete Works of William Shakespeare every thirty-two minutes in an attempt to understand his depiction of the range of human emotions. The Bard is not clear, however, on why these assorted emotions should be desireable to any thinking being.

I guess nobody made it. :(

This is all a deception by Mephisto, I can feel it in my bones. The one you humans refer to as 'Snake Ghandi' is clearly under that evil lord's power. Fear not though, Mephisto is arrogant if nothing else, he will underestimate our friend, and give us the chance we need to help break his mind out of such imprisonment.

I lie in wait in the shadows...

Your speech is archaic and accented, Magni, but I understand you to mean that you believe the selection of the new Avengers team involves difficult choices, given so many qualified candidates, and that you are concerned that Snake Gandhi has been mentally injured during his attempt to make those choices. Is that correct?

By your last comment, I further understand you to mean that despite being a divine being with attributes greater than those of humans, you are running out of patience with the wait for Snake Gandhi's announcement.

Yea, verily doth thou discern my meaning, fair one.

I am not patient but I am not impatient, either: I am re-reading The Complete Works of William Shakespeare every thirty-two minutes in an attempt to understand his depiction of the range of human emotions. The Bard is not clear, however, on why these assorted emotions should be desireable to any thinking being.

Lock not thy emotions away, fair Cinnabar! Though they are precious things, they are not to be hoarded away from the sight of men as though they were base gold! Nay, spend them freely amongst thy friends and truly shalt they be returned to thee a hundred-fold! :cheers:

Magni the Mighty!

(Imagine if the Scandinavian gods spoke like Scandinavian people... Yumpin' Yiminy!) ;)

Careful with your tone, Asgardian. You assume too much familiarity, just as this 'Snake Ghandi' assumes too much of my indulgence. He shall regret this disrespect...! Still, you may be correct. Patience in this case is to be rewarded, and the rewards here could be...compelling.

Magni the Mighty!

(Imagine if the Scandinavian gods spoke like Scandinavian people... Yumpin' Yiminy!) ;)

(I'll give you a dollar if you speak that way in the game :D )

Ok, after a recent upgrade to my facilities, a new costume design. Less purple, so more distinction from our friendly neighborhood archer :)

Ah, I see. My friends, I think you might be reading in more than was intended. SG (the "Selection Group") advised that they would have the group decided Monday night, not that they would necessarily share that information Monday night. There are many steps between prospective membership and announcement, not the least among which are the background checks for security clearance. Given the...unusual...backgrounds of many of our number, that may take some time. For instance, I know that Mr. Gyrich used to have Mephisto's phone number in his rolodex, but I don't know if they've kept that contact information current. And they may still be debating if references that won't be born for another 2000 years can count as valid today.

Coffee anyone?

Coffee...tea...scones...let's see...apple pie and milk for Banner, and I think we've got some mead and roast boar cold cuts for the Asgardians. I'll check what's in the larder and be right back.

(hmmm...Zemo probably would have picked up some culinary knowledge from Jarvis...may have to shave a few points to add that in)

Verily, it hath been proved to mine satisfaction that we need not this "SG," for are we all not doughty warriors? Pour the mead, noble Zemo, and drink deep, my friends -- for even if we be not Avengers in name, truly art we all Avengers in spirit! :cheers:

(Years ago, we were starting a new game and the GM was late. Since we all had our characters, we just started roleplaying -- chatting in character, etc. When the GM showed up an hour later we were already well into the game. We still joke with him that when he runs, he doesn't even need to show up). :lol:

Muhahahah, my internet connection lives!

Well, after some long deliberation, much coin flipping, and the occasion envelope of cash, I've decided on the team roster.

For those folks not on the team, I'm sorry. It was a very tough choice, but I went with the group of characters I though would mesh together the best. You're more than welcome to lurk and watch the game (I'll put a link in my sig) and if any opening should arise you're have the first crack at the spots.

Now, without further ado, the newest Avengers are.

Banner (Hermit)

Iron Girl (Michael Hopcroft)

Kolbrandr the Brave (Pendaran)

Arachne (keyes bill)*

Raptor (J.J.)

Light Show (BCAugust)

Cinnabar (Haven Walkur)

Dynasty (Log)

*I know you said you prefered Magni, but considering the makeup of the team, I think Arachne's 'normal' outlook will be the most fun. Of course this leaves Pendaran to hold up the 'Shakesperean/Asgardian' speech department:)

That our team. I know I said 6 or 7, but there where to many good choices, and I figure a PbP game I can handle an extra person without much difficulty.

I just created the game over on Hero Central, look for Avengers: The Next Generation (creative, ain't I;) ) . For those without accounts there, go ahead and make one (its free obviously) and them PM me there (same name) and we'll get you into the game.

Now, without further ado, the newest Avengers are.

Banner (Hermit)

Iron Girl (Michael Hopcroft)

Kolbrandr the Brave (Pendaran)

Arachne (keyes bill)*

Raptor (J.J.)

Light Show (BCAugust)

Cinnabar (Haven Walkur)

Dynasty (Log)

*I know you said you prefered Magni, but considering the makeup of the team, I think Arachne's 'normal' outlook will be the most fun. Of course this leaves Pendaran to hold up the 'Shakesperean/Asgardian' speech department:)

That our team. I know I said 6 or 7, but there where to many good choices, and I figure a PbP game I can handle an extra person without much difficulty.

I just created the game over on Hero Central, look for Avengers: The Next Generation (creative, ain't I;) ) . For those without accounts there, go ahead and make one (its free obviously) and them PM me there (same name) and we'll get you into the game.

Consider your self PMed there :)

Thanks

Did you decide what was in the Avengers package yet any by the by?
I didn't post that, did I?

Since the game will be starting shortly after the team has been assembled (and we'll discuss how exactly that came about), everyone on the team is assumed to have went through a SHIELD crash course, including basic CPR and First Aid training, briefing on most of the know Super Criminals and orginazations, and training on how to work the communications and sensor equipment SHIELd had installed on the island along with basic flight school on the Quinjet.

The Avenger Package contains,

TF: Quinjet 1

Paramedics 11- 2

KS: Villians and other assorted Bad Guys 11- 2

Systems Operation 11- 2

Fringe Benefit: Federal/National Police Powers 3

Reputation: One of Earth's Mightiest Heroes (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6 6

Contribution to Avengers Island and the Quinjet 7