Banner (Hermit)

Iron Girl (Michael Hopcroft)

Kolbrandr the Brave (Pendaran)

Arachne (keyes bill)*

Raptor (J.J.)

Light Show (BCAugust)

Cinnabar (Haven Walkur)

Dynasty (Log)

*I know you said you prefered Magni, but considering the makeup of the team, I think Arachne's 'normal' outlook will be the most fun. Of course this leaves Pendaran to hold up the 'Shakesperean/Asgardian' speech department:)

No prob. Arachne'll be fun too. Looks like a real solid team here. :)

I just created the game over on Hero Central, look for Avengers: The Next Generation (creative, ain't I;) ) . For those without accounts there, go ahead and make one (its free obviously) and them PM me there (same name) and we'll get you into the game.

Application and PM sent! :salute:

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Me? Nahh ... I've toyed around with doing an Ultimate sort of thing with both Marvel and DC ... kind of making it one universe ... but I don't think I'm ready to run that atm. Honestly, I've been tempted to run a Champions game based on the Champions group but with the respect they should have ;)

I'm waiting for confirmation on my HC account.

Thanks lots! This is gonna be cool! I'm gonna be adding the Avengers stuff to Iron Girl's sheet (I made room for it in my intial build). Looking forward to Avenging, and to trying to decide which hot guy on the team to date first!

:sigh: I see this thread today and everything's been chosen. :cry:

Well, if people drop out, I'd be happy to put in an application.

By the way, could you tell us the archetypes these characters are?

Banner (Hermit)

Arachne (keyes bill)*

Raptor (J.J.)

Light Show (BCAugust)

Cinnabar (Haven Walkur)

Dynasty (Log)

I'm guessing Iron Girl is like Iron Man and Arachne is like Spiderman and looking on HeroCentral, Banner is like Captain America, but what about the rest? (Some of us haven't read Marvel titles in a decade or so. :o )

Cinnabar is the Vision's daughter by the Scarlet Witch, and like the Vision, she has density-controlling powers. Unlike him, she can control not only her own density (up or down) but the density of others (also up or down). She has an energy blast like the Vision's and she's strong and very bright intellectually.

I suppose her archetype would be Brick...STR 30, that can rise to 90 when she alters her own density. But her resistant defenses aren't very good, so if she's a Brick, it would be a "support Brick" (a keystone, maybe?)

I don't want to call Cinnabar an Energy Blaster, despite her ruby-red EBs, because an Avengers-level Energy Blaster should have very impressive powers...and she doesn't. It's more a contingency attack/defense sort of thing.

_I_ think of the character as a "density manipulator," but that's not an archetype.

By the way, could you tell us the archetypes these characters are?

I'm guessing Iron Girl is like Iron Man and Arachne is like Spiderman and looking on HeroCentral, Banner is like Captain America, but what about the rest? (Some of us haven't read Marvel titles in a decade or so. :o )

Banner is the son of Captain America and DIamondback -- he's a supersoldier/martial artist with some gadgets to round him out. (patriot)

Iron Girl is the daughter of Tony Stark. She's got his armor with a few modifications. (powered armor)

Arachne is the daughter of Spider-Man, with all his powers. (baby brick/baby speedster)

Kolbrandr is the son of Baldar the Brave, an Asgardian. He has sorcerous powers inherited from his mother the Norn Queen. (wizard)

Raptor is the heir to the throne of Wakanda. Sort of a flying Black Panther. (martial artist)

Light Show is a living hologram; the child of Captain Marvel III, who inherited her control of light. (blaster)

Cinnabar is the daughter of Vision and Scarlet Witch; she got her dad's density-control powers. (brick w/tricks)

Dynasty is the grandson (great-grandson?) of Kang the Conquerer who has renounced his family's evil ways. (gadgeteer)

Now, without further ado, the newest Avengers are.

Banner (Hermit)

Arachne (keyes bill)*

Raptor (J.J.)

Light Show (BCAugust)

Cinnabar (Haven Walkur)

Dynasty (Log)

Congratulations everyone!

(Guess not making the cut is a family tradition!)

Sorry I didn't see earlier, work called me in(ugh, and on my day off for the third time this month). Application sent in, but didn't catch the package. Will do that as soon as I can talk to someone tomorrow.

And thanks. One small correction, she's the daughter of Captain Marvel II, not three.

Can we lurk on this' date=' Don?[/quote']Everyone is more than welcome to lurk. The url is here, and on Hero Central the game is called Avengers: the Next Generation, though at the moment we are still hashing out how the team got together, so we probably won't start in earnest for a bit.

Of course I second the motion about a second game set in with the second string. Maybe McCoy or someone could run it.

Sounds cool to me. Heck, I might even come up with a character submission for something like that.....

Yeah, I had the approve then the deny. I went over to check and I wasn't in. So *shrug*. App'd again. :)

Whee.

I'ma draw a peecture once I'm done with my move and get solid descriptions and/or napkin sketches to work from.