[Interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Snake Gandhi

Re: [interest in an online game?] Avengers: Generation 3

Question?

What are everyones thoughts on the base?

The first idea that came to mind was kind of a rif of the Ultimates. The Avengers now operate out of a man-made island within sight of Liberty Island, as to seperate them as a target from the rest of the city. I was thinking of keeping the mansion where it was, and turning it into the Avengers Museum, complete with secret backup base underneath:)

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question?

The first idea that came to mind was kind of a rif of the Ultimates. The Avengers now operate out of a man-made island within sight of Liberty Island, as to seperate them as a target from the rest of the city. I was thinking of keeping the mansion where it was, and turning it into the Avengers Museum, complete with secret backup base underneath:)

Triskalion (sp?) is a way shway base :) I'd definitely go either that route or something akin to the Helicarrier ;)

Question?

I'm not familiar with the Ultimates' setup, but "Avengers Island" plus the secret backup under the old Mansion sounds good. Sub entrance to the old base a good way for some folks to sneak in and out of the city more subtly, and the island could have some extra "grounds" area for folks to relax in out of doors. And it's quicker for when Namorita swings by for a visit. ;) Works for me! :thumbup:

Edit: Another good resource site I found poking around...

http://members.fortunecity.com/dm_bishop2/marvel/page1.html

popups, but lots of good stuff.

Question?

Not as familar with the Ultimates set up, but as long as those that can't fly or swim fast can get to it, that sounds good to me ;)

Foster Family (no, not Jane Foster)

Rambled thoughts on possible interactions with various Avengers as Harbin Zemo was growing up. I figure Cap would have been able to get a judge to agree to having the boy placed under the Avengers' care and supervision, with a loose custodial arrangement where Cap had technical custody, Jarvis handled most of the day-to-day things, but any active Avenger technically could exercise custody in order to make medical decisions, etc. until he came of age.

Notable incidents with various Avengers growing up:

Jarvis – took on a large part of his day-to-day upbringing. Consoled after found details of family history vs Avengers. Confidant.

Captain America – primary focus for much of his early anger (had been raised to hate the Avengers, esp CA previously after all). Primary teacher in fitness/gymnastics/hth combat, primary “father figureâ€/ moral guide.

Hank Pym – primary scientific/technical influence

Wasp – along with Jarvis, one of primary social instructors

Thor – Harbin always very intimidated by Thor, not a whole lot of direct interaction

Iron Man – somewhat of a scientific/technical influence, generally standoffish (Iron Man was generally very suspicious of many newcomers and members), warmed up a bit over time (as Harbin improved). Tony Stark somewhat warmer, taught Harbin by example some business skills and how to run a responsible corporation.

Hawkeye – suspicious, but unable to resist a challenge and having been a “reformed villain†himself was frequently Cap’s unofficial stand-in where raising Harbin was concerned. One of Harbin’s proudest memories is when Hawkeye first used one of his arrow designs, containing a formula that could temporarily de-stone the Grey Gargoyle.

Scarlet Witch – kind (when he deserved it) but not very involved

Vision – polite, Harbin oddly found it easier to relax around him than some of the others – Vision’s often cool, aloof demeanor was actually comforting compared to the sometimes overpowering personalities of other Avengers. Helped teach him about computers and information networks, as well as passing some late nights playing chess.

Wonder Man – similar brain patterns yield similar results. Not cold like the Vision, but Harbin still able to relax around him, perhaps due to Simon’s own frequent self-doubts and less-than perfect past. Palled around with Harbin some, helping teach him baseball among other things, and arranged for Harbin to get an autographed picture from a Hollywood starlet he had a teen crush on.

Beast – frequently around Simon, and participated in the more low-key, “non-Avengery†type interaction like baseball and such. Also a significant intellectual mentor to Harbin, frequently providing reading lists, discussing points of biophysics and the like.

Black Widow – another of those suspicious of him, not much contact early on, though as time passed warmed a bit to him.

Hercules – like Thor, very intimidating and even more over the top. Harbin usually tried to avoid him. After accessing the Avengers files and learning the details of the Masters of Evil’s takeover of Avengers Mansion and the near-death of Hercules, Harbin eventually mustered the courage to approach Herc and broached the subject. It wasn’t a long conversation, but Hercules did point out that both he and Ares come from the same father, but turned out very differently, and perhaps the young lad could wind up on the better path. After that, Harbin wasn’t as tense around Hercules, but they never grew close.

Sub-Mariner – Harbin didn’t have a great deal of interaction with Namor, but was comforted that someone that arrogant, with a history of fighting the Avengers and invading the surface world could still be welcomed into the ranks.

Black Knight – Dane Whitman understood some of what Harbin was going through, due to his uncle having been the villainous Black Knight. When he was around, Dane was generally friendly and supportive, in spite of his own treatment at Harbin’s father’s hands in the past.

Black Panther – T’challa was very standoffish and suspicious of Harbin early on, and Harbin kept his distance but was impressed with the Panther’s casual regal bearing. While they never grew close, the Panther did help teach Zemo some things while working with others that Harbin was assisting.

Quicksilver – hot tempered and suspicious, never warmed much at all to Zemo, and Harbin tried to keep his distance whenever Pietro was around.

Falcon – the social worker in Sam Wilson reached out to Harbin, and helped him partially work through some of his issues.

She-Hulk – nice to Harbin, but not a great deal of interaction, though she was the subject of a short (unrequited of course) crush.

Sersi – by the time Harbin was older, invited to some of her parties, at first perhaps as something of a novelty/conversation piece. The events along with tips from Sersi helped polish Harbin’s social skills.

Aside from those listed above, mostly limited interaction with other Avengers active during his time there, though he did learn a good deal about them through the files over time. Also some brief contact with the FF, including being in on some of Thing’s poker games.

I really like the idea of an island base out near Liberty Island, with a secret reserve base below the old Avengers mansion -- now a museum! The museum part is a delightful concept, and very real-world. Would it be open to the public? I imagine there are a lot of tourists who'd be eager to see "the place where it all happened."

Not as familar with the Ultimates set up' date=' but as long as those that can't fly or swim fast can get to it, that sounds good to me ;)[/quote']

I imagine there'd probably be some sort of communicard-summoned small ferry that could be used. I think the Wolfman/Perez era Teen Titans had something like that.

I really like the idea of an island base out near Liberty Island' date=' with a secret reserve base below the old Avengers mansion -- now a museum! The museum part is a delightful concept, and very real-world. Would it be open to the public? I imagine there are a lot of tourists who'd be eager to see "the place where it all happened."[/quote']

Complete with lots of classic Alicia Masters sculptures of the various heroes. :)

So I just read back through this thread and from what I understand, if we're not using the Avengers Disassembled stuff, Hawkeye really isn't dead...

So my question is: What's going on with Hawkeye?

Mockingbird decided to stay in Mephisto's realm, alluding to some higher purpose, in my concept, this is that purpose...

Mockingbird becomes pregnant while in Mephisto's realm and gives birth to a child that has a demonic appearance. She raises the child in the Area of Tainted Souls and teaches him how to be a hero. He combines these teachings with his own powers and seeks to become one of 'earth's mightiest heroes' - Mockingbird tells him that his father is Hawkeye, and so, to make both his parent's proud, he sets off into Mephisto's realm to find himself a Bow worthy of his father. He finds the remains of a demon prince and uses one of the bones to carve a bow with magical properties. He trains with the bow and unleashes some of it's magical abilites. Satisfied that he can be of use on earth, he leaves 'Hell.'

Under his own power [or what he believes to be his own power ;)] he escapes Mephisto's realm to join the Avengers.

Wow, what splendid pics from RadioKAOS, Supreme Serpent. And fast! I love the 3-D effect and the shading; the images have some of the complexity of photographs. The "demon archer" pic is my favorite, in all its murky splendor, which contrasts nicely with the sharper images of Banner and Dr Zemo.

Thank-you, gentlemen.