Crazy campaign ideas (Silly or serious)

AdamLeisemann

Re: Crazy campaign ideas (Silly or serious)

Woodland Champions

Utterly random thought: Why should sentient beings have all the superpowers?

Possible answer: Decades ago, mutagenic waste was dumped into a forest site, and the nutagens altered the animals of the forest. Some of them developed intellect and some among the some have developed superpowers. The intelligent animals formed a society with laws and other systems mirroring our own, and those with the powers became champions of the society (well, those who willingly became protectors...).

Think of it as TMNT on a wider scale.

Woodland Champions

Utterly random thought: Why should sentient beings have all the superpowers?

Possible answer: Decades ago, mutagenic waste was dumped into a forest site, and the nutagens altered the animals of the forest. Some of them developed intellect and some among the some have developed superpowers. The intelligent animals formed a society with laws and other systems mirroring our own, and those with the powers became champions of the society (well, those who willingly became protectors...).

Think of it as TMNT on a wider scale.

I had a brief but irresistable compulsion to combine this with OddHat's body parts idea... a secretive tribe of independant body parts off in the wilderness somewhere. You'd need more than one original body... and some reason to have mutual trade, which kinda kills it. I mean, what does an ear eat?

Never mind.

Get a copy of CENTRAL CASTING MODERN

and roll everybody up.

Give each player a veto, in case the rolls take you odd places.

Link all their stories together, if possible.

If after buying everything CCM dictates,

then the player may flesh out the rest of the character.

If the random rolls make a character go over the campaign limits,

I don't know what to tell you.

Golden Age Champs' date=' populated with GA versions of modern superheroes. For comparison, think of GA Batman v.s. modern Batman. What would GA Avengers look like? GA X-Men?[/quote']

DC would be easy. The GA version of the JLA is the JSA. :)

The Avengers would be easy enough. Cap was a GA character, obviously. Thor translates simply enough. Iron Man might become a lot clunkier, but there are plenty of examples of Golden Age high tech. Hank Pym would be unchanged.

Radiation based characters like the Hulk and the Fantastic Four could have been exposed to Mysterious Rays. There were plenty of these going around at the time. The space travel element of the FF's origin would be acceptable, although some rewriting of the details might be necessary.

The X-Men would be the most difficult.

Flower-Power Champions!

Circa 1968 - In order to put down student protesters, the CIA tampers with the LSD supply in Campaign City, causing widespread mutations to otherwise peaceful hippies. Now, the intrepid group must band together to deal with the horrors of the Military Industrial Complex, and fight the tyranny of "The Man."

It is almost worth doing just to see the characters my group would design.

DC would be easy. The GA version of the JLA is the JSA. :)

The Avengers would be easy enough. Cap was a GA character, obviously. Thor translates simply enough. Iron Man might become a lot clunkier, but there are plenty of examples of Golden Age high tech. Hank Pym would be unchanged.

If you look on Toonpedia for Hugh Hazzard and Bozo the Robot, aka Bozo the Iron Man, you'll find a power suit wearing superhero slugging it out with the Nazis in the Golden Age. Throw him in with the All Winners' Squad and you'd have a classic Avengers line up.

Caveman Champions

Superhumans in the Ice Age. No costumes, but you do get nice suits of fur and skins. No superweapons, but your team gadgeteer may be able to build you a better bow, spear, or axe. Your base is either a cave or a hut made from mammoth bones. Be the first tribe to discover fire! Form the basis for may religions and mythologies! Become kings of nomadic neo-lithic peoples! Fight a saber-toothed lion armed with only your bare hands! Lift a mammoth over your head! Leap the antlers of an Irish Elk in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It's a bat, a bird, no it's SUPER CAVE-MAN!!!

No superweapons? Not even a magic club?

MIGHTOR!!!

2000ad did a pretty good story based on just that premise lamrok

it was called "Storming Heaven" where a guy does way to much acid and gets super powers it was written by Gordon Rennie and illustrated with a wonderfully psychedelic look by Frazer Irving it had some cool superhero names and powers you can see images at frazer irving's website

2000ad did a pretty good story based on just that premise lamrok

it was called "Storming Heaven" where a guy does way to much acid and gets super powers it was written by Gordon Rennie and illustrated with a wonderfully psychedelic look by Frazer Irving it had some cool superhero names and powers you can see images at frazer irving's website

Cool! Thanks for pointing that out.

Chibi Champions

Our heroes are Super-Deformed (big heads, little bodies) and CUTE! Not only must they fight crime and save the city every day, but they must also flee the fanboys and fangirls who think they are SO KYOOT!

Imagine the SPAWN type, chibi-ized, trying to be all menacing, only to be glomped (tackle-hugged) by a fangirl.

Or imagine Ghost Rider, using the "Puppy-Dog-Eyes-of-Doom!"

If you look on Toonpedia for Hugh Hazzard and Bozo the Robot' date=' aka Bozo the Iron Man, you'll find a power suit wearing superhero slugging it out with the Nazis in the Golden Age. Throw him in with the All Winners' Squad and you'd have a classic Avengers line up.

Actually, now that I think of it, this is spot on.

There are acceptably direct equivalents of three out of four of "Cap's Kooky Quartet":

Cap

Whizzer (replacing Quicksilver)

Miss America (replacing the Scarlet Witch)

Plus Bozo (replacing Iron Man)

Namor

Adding the Human Torch, Toro and Bucky is no particular drama.

Works for me.

Especially since "Cap's Kooky Quartet" is my favourite Avengers lineup. Cap and three reformed villains, none of whom are outrageously powerful. That's my idea of a superteam. :thumbup:

(At least the Scarlet Witch wasn't outrageously powerful then, whatever horrors have been attributed to her since).

You could also add the GA Vision, different as he was. A GA Hawkeye isn't a stretch - his personality and costume would change more than his powers. I'm not sure how a GA Thor would have been portrayed. Off the top of my head, I'd think his storm powers would have been emphasized at least as much as his brute strength.

assault's right, though. GA X-Men would be the funniest. Wolverine would be more like Wildcat. Storm would be serving coffee. Colossus might be the star of the show.

After playing Makai Kingdoms for the ps2 I had the idea of a game with the players as ultimate powerfull but incompetent beeings, so called overlords. It would definitly be on the side of comedy champions (high rolls are disasters too and so on) paired with some kind of Birthright/Military campaign... the players would struggle for the domination of the netherworlds and you would have tactical battles, superpowerfull beeings... and a lot of stragne things that can happen... depending on how cruel and sadistic you are as a GM :sneaky:

Actually, now that I think of it, this is spot on.

There are acceptably direct equivalents of three out of four of "Cap's Kooky Quartet":

Cap

Whizzer (replacing Quicksilver)

Miss America (replacing the Scarlet Witch)

Plus Bozo (replacing Iron Man)

Namor

Adding the Human Torch, Toro and Bucky is no particular drama.

Works for me.

Especially since "Cap's Kooky Quartet" is my favourite Avengers lineup. Cap and three reformed villains, none of whom are outrageously powerful. That's my idea of a superteam. :thumbup:

(At least the Scarlet Witch wasn't outrageously powerful then, whatever horrors have been attributed to her since).

Yup. It's also a solid line up as a team:

Cap - Tactics, leadership, martial arts.

Whizzer - Speedster

Miss America - Flying Brick

Bozo - Power Armor Tank

Namor - Flying Brick

Human Torch - Flying Blaster

Toro - Flying Baster

Bucky - Boy Hostage (and martial arts)

I'd kind of like to run this as a Convention Game. :)