Powerpuff Girls

Tech

Re: Powerpuff Girls

Tricky. I'm not familiar enough with the show to get a feel for their exact power levels, but their power sets seem straightforward enough.

According to:

http://www.afunk.com/powerpuff/

"They are able to fly, shoot lasers from their eyes, and have super strength."

Assume a bit of invulnerability with that, and you have a pretty standard kind of character, which you can build at whatever power level you feel is appropriate.

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/powerpuffgirls/bio.html gives an interesting account of how they were originally created in the Real World. It adds a whole new perspective when you learn that they were originally called the "Whoopass Girls", doesn't it?

Really, if you go with everything in the series, they are planet-pushing Golden Age heroes.

1) At the high end, Buttercup has shown the ability to Heroically Push and lift a mountain.

2) They can surrive short trips into outer space, for long trips, they wear a spacesuit.

3) Bubbles outran Email who could travel at the speed of light (within the atmosphere, no less).

4) Their mental power combine and extend into Dreamspace, at one point using their imagination to attack an otherwise equally imaginary enemy. Another time, they met while having nightmares and fought off their attacker by working together. Since they were all made at the same time, they may have some sort of latent Mind Link with each other.

5) Every enhanced sense when the plot calls for it.

I don't know if you want to go with the Cosmic VPP or not.

Even without those, they routinely show:

1) Working together to form a more powerful attack.

2) Hearing someone scream for help across town. (This may be a mental power, they can't seem to hear someone whispering in another room.)

3) The ability to use their hands without having fingers. (At one point, Buttercup switch bodies with the Professor, and she complains, "Professor, I can't grip anything, your hands don't work." This is probably just special effects.)

Yeah, I watch a marathon of Powerpuff Girls.

please remember what you ought to keep in mind

like with Dragonball Z, and other deep-end TV shows.

a lot of what you are watching is dramatic license.

Do you model what you literally see on the screen ?

The stories in PPG are writ large, painted with a wide brush.

Champions based on them do not have to be.

The stories in PPG are writ large, painted with a wide brush.

Champions based on them do not have to be.

This tends to be supported by the account at http://www.angelfire.com/ns/powerpuffgirls/bio.html

The relevant quote: "Craig McCracken's story situations for the Powerpuff Girls stem from what he did as a kid. He considers what happened when he was that age and then adds the concept of what he would've done, had he had superhero powers."

I know that the superheroes *I* played as a kid were Silver Age planet-pushers!

You could probably get the same effect in a Champions game with a more modest build. This would be even easier if you used homages, rather than direct copies.

I do like their origin, though. :thumbup:

"Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice, and Chemical X". Works for me.

There's also the picture of a PPGed version of the 4th Edition Champions in the Champions genre book. Something could surely be done with it.

Bubbles has demonstrated the ability to speak with squirrels on several occasions, and also knows Japanese. You could make a case for giving her Universal Translator and/or Linguist and a bunch of language skills. For the purposes of the PPG show, "squirrel" should probably be a language.

There was an episode in which the girls were playing tag and got carried away, forgetting to limit their speed. They wound up in the future, and after seeing the horror of a Townsville that had spent twenty years without them, they returned to the present by flying even faster. This tends to confirm that when they REALLY want to, they can move at low FTL speeds.

Oh, and in the episode where they decided to become "better superheroes", Buttercup was able to summon some kind of darkness-based symbiotic being with no apparent trouble, suggesting some mystic skills.

Either that, or the Pokey Oaks Kindergarten library has a copy of the Necronomicon.

Considering the powers these three have as kindergarten students I hate to think what changes puberty might bring ! Does anyone remember the powers of "The Rowdy Rough Boys" the nasty male equivalents of the "Powerpuff Girls" ?

Made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails plus Chemical X of course. They were defeated the first time by the girls after being kissed by the girls, apparently 'cooties' were lethal to the Rowdyruff Boys.

They were later brought back by Him, who gave the Boys an anti-cootie shot, but I'm unaware of how the Girls stopped them in that episode. They've appeared in a few episodes since then, the only one that I can recall off hand involving Bubbles impersonating her male counterpart [butch I think] to infiltrate the Boys and ultimately defeating them on her own.